News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

[GCN] Star Fox Assault - "Space Battleground" by David Sylvester

Started by Zeta, May 16, 2016, 10:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Star Fox
Game: Star Fox Assault
Console: Nintendo GameCube
Title: Space Battleground
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: David Sylvester

[attachment deleted by admin]

DS

I took some creative liberties with it, hope you all like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6543T0HI50

Once again, the .mus file looks really weird and I have no clue how to fix it :P

WaluigiTime64

Oh, about the MUS thing, there are usually two options, but because of the time-signature changes, there's really only one.

Normally people would use the NinSheetMusic Template File, and copy-paste the notes in.

This scenario requires you to go on to this thread, and wait for someone who does have Finale to fix it.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Tobbeh99

Nice Arrangement!

I do think it can be a tad bit better, here's some feedback:

-Write out some dynamics. First of all it's mandatory to have at least 1 dynamic, but this song is also a song that differs a lot in terms of dynamic so it could greatly enhance your arrangement. I'm thinking of the difference between the sections 1-8, 9-16, 17-30, 31-38.

-Use accents more. A good example is the beginning where the high notes are way stronger than the rest. I'd put a text like Sfx/Sf to mark the accents, but you could also use the strong ^ accents.

-M.1-8: Maybe have those high chords rolled (arpeggiated chords).

-M.23-30: Maybe have the RH one octave higher. And I'd put the accentuation used in the LH in the RH as well. It makes a lot sense in measures like 26,28 and 30 where you have 8th notes in between the melody notes, that way difference the melody notes from the notes "in between". 

-I'm not sure if all chords are correct, you better double-check them. I think the Em in M.20 should be either a C or a Rootless Cadd9(G-D-E), or whatever that chord is.

Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

DS

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on May 17, 2016, 07:52:01 AMIt makes a lot sense in measures like 26,28 and 30 where you have 8th notes in between the melody notes, that way difference the melody notes from the notes "in between".
Sorry, what? Are you saying I should do the same thing I did in measures 33,35, and 37 in measures 26,28, 30, and the like?

Tobbeh99

Emm no?? I meant that you should have accents on the notes that are on-beat in the part M.23-30, as you have in the LH. I don't know what you're talking about measures 33,35 and 37, there are no accents in those measures.

Like this:
Spoiler
[close]
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

DS

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on May 17, 2016, 03:46:17 PMI meant that you should have accents on the notes.
Oooh ok i was just being dumb
Just put up a new version with those edits

Pianist Da Sootopolis

One thought: the section from M. 10 through 17 would likely be more easily notated as 7/4.
what is shitpost

DS

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on May 18, 2016, 04:55:10 PMOne thought: the section from M. 10 through 17 would likely be more easily notated as 7/4.
I thought about that, but I feel like having the 3/4 to 4/4 switch more clearly articulates the accents on the downbeat of each and helps to make the phrasing clearer

Starfury

Here is your requested .mus file.

Let me know if there is anything I missed. I am posting this on the help forum and submission post.

DS

Oh hey, would you look at that o_0 Thanks so much for helping out! Just a few things that I forgot to mention:

-m.8 Parentheses around the bottom note of the first chord
-Top of page 2 should have "Space Battleground" in quotes like on the PDF
-m.21-22 The 8va should be an 8vb and could be moved a little farther away from the notes, at least on measure 21. Also, would it be possible to change the direction of the stem of the first note on the tremolo in m.22 to face up instead of down?
-m.23 The first chord in the left hand (the low A-E-A) should have an accent on it and the second chord on the left hand (the A-A octave) should be moved down one octave the match the following ones

The rest of the changes you did so far look great.

Starfury

Quote from: DS on May 21, 2016, 02:25:23 PMOh hey, would you look at that o_0 Thanks so much for helping out!
No problem. I did everything, although I am not sure how to add the 8vb marking. I'm sure you're aware that an 8va under the staff is equal to an 8vb, however you will have to ask someone to change that if you specifically want the vb marking! Thanks.

Here it is.

DS

Woot, thanks! I updated the submission with those new files.

DS

JDMEK5

I made a few fixes for you (biggest being a bit of formatting). Added a repeat at the end (with a Da Capo) as well as some clef changes in the beginning section to cut down on some of the ledger lines.

Only thing I have to bring up is possibly the playability of the RH in measure 22, beat 4. Those fast octaves are a little past anyone's reach methinks.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26