[WiiU] Star Fox Zero - "Staff Credits 2" by David Sylvester

Started by Zeta, May 15, 2016, 05:45:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DS

Double posting for bump (as I'm also going to record myself playing this on piano later today)

DS

Triple bumping as I'm actually posting my piano video performance of this today

DS

Latios212

Sorry for the delay! Almost there, this sheet should be in E major (four sharps). If you like, I can edit that in for you since you have Notepad.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

JDMEK5

Quote from: Latios212 on May 26, 2016, 08:15:50 AMSorry for the delay! Almost there, this sheet should be in E major (four sharps). If you like, I can edit that in for you since you have Notepad.
Uh, lol I changed it to E mixolydian cuz that's what I thought made more sense in this case. Sounds like E major for the most part, but with the 7th lowered most of the time. But alas, upon looking at it again, I was wrong. The D natural that keeps reoccuring is for the G chord tonality that it always accompanies, so yes, it should be written using accidentals, not key sig. Oops. :P

Here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/93589150/Star%20Fox%20Zero%20-%20Staff%20Credits%202.mus
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Olimar12345

other things:

-JD, the slur you added in measure 7 loses it's meaning, since now it appears to be a tie. IMO, the chord sounds rolled, WITHOUT the F rearticulating, so I would recommend you just switch that to a tie.
-The hand switching brackets on the second page imo are not the easiest to interpret at first glance. Also, the lower brackets are causing the playback to play some weird glissando; you might need to edit your custom line to not do that.

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

JDMEK5

Quote from: Olimar12345 on May 26, 2016, 08:59:15 AM-JD, the slur you added in measure 7 loses it's meaning, since now it appears to be a tie. IMO, the chord sounds rolled, WITHOUT the F rearticulating, so I would recommend you just switch that to a tie.
I actually meant it to be a tie. It's just Finale isn't letting me actually use a real tie for whatever reason so I used a slur, since it looks identical and the playback sounds fine still. But everything you said is what I thought to a T. If you can fix the tie thing, by all means, but I did what I did cuz I couldn't do the tie.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on May 26, 2016, 08:59:15 AM-The hand switching brackets on the second page imo are not the easiest to interpret at first glance. Also, the lower brackets are causing the playback to play some weird glissando; you might need to edit your custom line to not do that.
Could you show me what you mean? I've always had the glissando issues with the custom lines but since I never knew how to fix it, I just left it under the "Sheet > Playback" premise. The MIDIs turn out fine so far as I know.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

JDMEK5

Oh look, you fixed everything. I also love the dynamics. Could you possibly explain how you did the tie and the custom line tool things for my sake?

My Arrangements

Olimar12345

The tie was working in finale, but finale's default spacing made it microscopic. I just manually moved it back to place with the tie tool in the special tools palette.
I didn't edit any dynamic markings btw, lol.
As for the custom line tool, I created a new one by Ctrl-clicking the [?] tool in the smart shape palette and filled it out like so:
Spoiler

[close]
The hooks can be made to go downwards instead by making their length a negative value.

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

JDMEK5

Quote from: Olimar12345 on May 26, 2016, 09:32:21 PMAs for the custom line tool, I created a new one by Ctrl-clicking the [?] tool in the smart shape palette and filled it out like so:
Spoiler

[close]
The hooks can be made to go downwards instead by making their length a negative value.
Oh. I see. But there was no playback issue? Cuz mine spontaneously always puts a glissando in for no reason at all.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on May 26, 2016, 09:32:21 PMI didn't edit any dynamic markings btw, lol.
Lol oops well I guess I'm just getting impressed again xD

My Arrangements

Olimar12345

Quote from: JDMEK5 on May 26, 2016, 09:52:02 PMOh. I see. But there was no playback issue? Cuz mine spontaneously always puts a glissando in for no reason at all.

Just make sure it is a line I guess. Lines usually don't have any playback effect. Also don't edit preexisting markings because sometimes their effects get carried over.

JDMEK5

Right. Well I'll be careful of that in the future. Thanks!

My Arrangements

DS

Oh wow, triple bumping really does work :P

I updated the submission with Olimar's newest version, thanks!

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Olimar12345.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot