Started by Waddle Bro, May 10, 2016, 06:22:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

best tapu?

tapu koko
tapu fini
tapu lele
tapu bulu

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: FireArrow on December 10, 2016, 04:12:52 PMsash in general is a pretty crap item
I disagree with that! It's simply that Pokemon that can take advantage of it would most often rather a power or speed boost instead. It still has its uses, of course!
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

sash is for the pokemon that need to survive a hit to get off a stat boost like ninjask
idk zurkitree's stats but from what I understand it's super glass cannon
unmotivated

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on December 10, 2016, 05:16:50 PMsash is for the pokemon that need to survive a hit to get off a stat boost like ninjask
idk zurkitree's stats but from what I understand it's super glass cannon

It's a bit frail but I wouldn't especially call it "super glass cannon."

Pheromosa, on the other hand...
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

mikey

then maybe life orb is better if it can take a neutrally effective hit
unmotivated

FireArrow

Sash is good on some suicide leads and that's pretty much it. Ninjask should never run it because substitute is way better.

If you're going for a tail glow Xuxitree set, I'd use life orb/zap plate and maybe expert belt/leftovers if that's more your style.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Nebbles

Sash is great on my Shell Smash Cloyster :^)
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

mikey

well there are 2 ways to build ninjask
the first is the traditional +6 speed boost baton pass that dies to priority taunts.  The second is the Swords Dance/X Scissor Sash lead that can occasionally OHKO grass type leads
Although I just played against a pokemon called Whirlisomething and apparently that's just a better ninjask so ninjask is just irrelevant now
unmotivated

FireArrow

Quote from: Nebbles on December 10, 2016, 05:28:46 PMSash is great on my Shell Smash Cloyster :^)

It's a gimmick. If there are hazards on the field or the opponents team has any priority whatsoever you completely wasted an item slot (note: those two situations are really common.)
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

mikey

Quote from: FireArrow on December 10, 2016, 05:40:46 PMIt's a gimmick. If there are hazards on the field or the opponents team has any priority whatsoever you completely wasted an item slot (note: those two situations are really common.)

battling in general became a gimmick after 5th gen
unmotivated

Nebbles

Quote from: FireArrow on December 10, 2016, 05:40:46 PMIt's a gimmick. If there are hazards on the field or the opponents team has any priority whatsoever you completely wasted an item slot (note: those two situations are really common.)

Oh, I'm completely aware. But if you get it off turn one, entry hazards aren't a worry to it, and I can just ride Smell Smash + Skill Link bullshit unless I'm facing someone who actually knows how to deal with it.

mikey

unmotivated

Nebbles

mastersuperfan

It doesn't. Mold Breaker only applies when the Pokémon with Mold Breaker is attacking the target.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Jub3r7

man the fairy trial was my favorite

edit: my signature was supposed to be this dunsparce but this works too
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

braix

Hau'oli city (Day) is my new alarm tone
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.