News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon

Started by Waddle Bro, May 10, 2016, 06:22:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

best tapu?

tapu koko
tapu fini
tapu lele
tapu bulu

DocDoom2

Thanks! I'm having such a hard time figuring out a Xurkitree set now xD
If any of you have a good idea please tell me since the only ideas I have so far are these:

Xurkitree @ Life Orb 
Ability: Beast Boost 
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe 
Timid Nature 
- Volt Switch 
- Thunderbolt/Thunder
- Protect 
- Tail Glow 

Xurkitree @ Choice Scarf 
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe 
Modest Nature 
- Volt Switch 
- Thunderbolt/Thunder
- Energy Ball 
- Signal Beam 

Xurkitree @ Life Orb 
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe 
Modest Nature 
 - Energy Ball 
- Thunderbolt/Thunder
- Tail Glow 
- Protect 

Please note I use Musescore and transfer it into Finale Notepad, so formatting may be messed up and help would be appreciated.

mikey

Don't use legendaries in ou
Scarf seems fine
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Don't listen to Noc.

Also, I'm pretty hesitant about Choice Scarf, given the prevalence of Alolan Marowak. Protect is pretty useless on Xurkitree, IMO, and Thunder should only be used if you have Rain; also, Tail Glow and Volt Switch don't go together well, and really hurt Xurkitree's coverage when together (probably the only time you should use two Electric-type moves on Xurkitree is with Choice Scarf). If you're playing on Pokemon Showdown, you'd also want to highly consider Hidden Power Water or Ice.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

I bought the guide book today.  I think it's gonna tell me everything I wanna know
unmotivated

DocDoom2

Thanks! I'm still a noob at move sets lol
I think this is what I'll do, again tell me if I messed something up!

Xurkitree @ Life Orb 
Modest Nature 
- HP Water (If I can get it quickly with SRs, otherwise some other special attack)
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball
- Tail Glow 

Please note I use Musescore and transfer it into Finale Notepad, so formatting may be messed up and help would be appreciated.

mikey

Why 252 hp?  Wasted potential imo
Like I don't know anything about xurkitree but he seems like the kind of thing you'd stick a sash on to guarantee a tail glow and then go ham with t/bolt or volt switch
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: DocDoom2 on December 09, 2016, 08:46:31 PMThanks! I'm still a noob at move sets lol

Xurkitree @ Life Orb 
Modest Nature 
- HP Water (If I can get it quickly with SRs, otherwise some other special attack)
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball
- Tail Glow
I would recommend 252 Speed EVs as well; Modest nature is fine, but (personally!) I'd recommend Sticky Web support if possible to maximize Xurkitree's potential. Also, if you can't get the right IVs, you could probably just have Dazzling Gleam and build the rest of your team to deal with Alolan Marowak and other stuff not covered by Energy Ball. :P

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dekkadeci

Quote from: DocDoom2 on December 09, 2016, 08:46:31 PMThanks! I'm still a noob at move sets lol

Xurkitree @ Life Orb 
Modest Nature 
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball
- Tail Glow
This set is resisted by Dragons (although not Alolan Marowak), which is why more people prefer Hidden Power Ice. Given Xurkitree's speed problems, I also recommend 252 speed EVs and Timid.

DocDoom2

Alright, let's see if I've got this all correct!
So 252 Speed and Special Attack, Life Orb, Timid, HP Ice or Dazzling Gleam instead of Water?
Thanks for the help!

E. Gadd Industries

Wow. That was an impressive cover imo.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Dudeman

That cover is awesome. All I want now is a cover of Festival Plaza (Night) and then I'd be fine with no more Sun/Moon covers.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

I still think a sash would be better on something as flimsy as xurkitree
unmotivated

Nebbles

Still no shiny Rowlet :( Send me your energy, guys.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Dekkadeci on December 10, 2016, 05:59:11 AMThis set is resisted by Dragons (although not Alolan Marowak), which is why more people prefer Hidden Power Ice. Given Xurkitree's speed problems, I also recommend 252 speed EVs and Timid.
From personal experience, I've found that, without Zygarde-Complete present in OU, Alolan Marowak is more of a threat to Xurkitree than Dragons, since it can completely wall it even with some SpA boosts (immune to Electric-type and resistant to Xurkitree's primary non-STAB moves); Dragons, on the other hand, still fear Xurkitree's STAB, especially if they're neutral to it like, say, Dragonite is. Of course, you could always replace Tail Glow with Dazzling Gleam if you can trust that you'll get enough boosts simply through KOs (entry hazards also help with this).

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on December 10, 2016, 01:45:36 PMI still think a sash would be better on something as flimsy as xurkitree
Honestly, it probably wouldn't make much of a difference; if you can't OHKO something, you're just doing to go down next turn, and if you do OHKO something, you're still just going to go down next turn anyway! It needs power to guarantee OHKOs or speed to guarantee it has enough time to take out 1-2+ things before it goes... hence why I recommend Sticky Web, so you get both power and speed advantages.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

FireArrow

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on December 10, 2016, 01:45:36 PMI still think a sash would be better on something as flimsy as xurkitree

sash in general is a pretty crap item
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department