News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon

Started by Waddle Bro, May 10, 2016, 06:22:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

best tapu?

tapu koko
tapu fini
tapu lele
tapu bulu

mikey

I actually dropped slowpoke because he just wasn't good enough
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on December 05, 2016, 07:57:14 PMI actually dropped slowpoke because he just wasn't good enough

It does take too long to evolve. Slowbro is absolutely awesome though and it and Mimikyu are the reasons I could beat the Elite Four (well, I probably could have used a lot of items and still won, but I only used like one revive the whole time as it is).
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

TheDreamingHawk

Quote from: Dude on December 04, 2016, 10:50:11 AMbecause sun and moon will never have updates of their own, right?

Game Freak has never added anything on a major scale into a Pokemon game via updates, and I doubt they ever will. If it's not in the code, then its not coming, and i'll be pretty damn surprised if they do. People thought they'd update XY with a second region/more pokemon and they never did, and they also hoped for a Battle Frontier DLC update in ORAS, but they never did.

I don't think it's out of the question for Gen VII though. Hopefully they'll add it to Stars/DP remakes/whatever is next.

Besides, it doesn't excuse how it should have been in there from day one considering that you can catch out of Alola Pokemon without bank via the Island Scan and it's a series staple.

Quote from: Nebbles on December 04, 2016, 11:56:54 AMWhy even bother to level 100, anyway? Unless you have a Pokemon that learns something at that move....... like Volcarona....ahem... there's really not much of a point to.

That's typically what I would say in most cases as well. (Heck back in Gen III I only got two Pokemon to level 100, my Espeon and Vaporeon but I honestly forgot how) Unfortunately, you NEED to be level 100 for the bottle caps to max out your IV stats. I don't know why, but that's a requirement, and therefore THAT is what's causing my issue. I can't make my Pokemon as super strong as I'd like them to be until I get them to level 100 for the IV maxing. I got the EVs all figured out now but the battle tree seems to want you to be at level 100 and get scaled back to level 50 for you to survive the super mode. (Don't even get me started on the battle royal...) Basically, the game only gives you a chance to survive the post-game facilities if you max EVs/IVs and are at level 100, but doesn't give you much of an easy way to GET to level 100 (despite it giving you easy EVs/IVs if you know what you're doing.)

Speaking of EVs, I'm quite pleased that I have nearly 20 pokemon ready to get max EVs for training. I don't think I've had that many in the other games so I'm happy they made it easier to track via the status screen/pelago. It's more useful than I expected.

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

Nebbles

....I had no idea you had to be level 100 for the bottle cap things. Hoo boy.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Dudeman

Quote from: Nebbles on December 05, 2016, 10:15:22 PM....I had no idea you had to be level 100 for the bottle cap things. Hoo boy.
This is why I'm quite content with breeding the old fashioned way.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Nebbles

Well, just in case I ever breed a shiny with not perfect IVs, I'll keep that in mind.

mikey

Man I wish I knew bottle caps maxed out ivs, I would have kept my shiny caterpie
unmotivated

Dekkadeci

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on December 06, 2016, 01:23:04 AMMan I wish I knew bottle caps maxed out ivs, I would have kept my shiny caterpie
Bottle caps only add padding to IVs so they behave like they're maxed out (this is important for HP, speed, attack, defence...although you may not want to max out HP, speed, or attack depending on the Pokemon set). Importantly, they leave Hidden Power alone, so you're stuck with whatever your true IVs generate for it.

I'm waiting with bated breath for the day that Pokemon Showdown implements Hyper Training (a.k.a. bottle caps). True max speed 'mons with Hidden Power Fire, here we come...

DocDoom2

Watched the first two episodes of the Sun and Moon Anime, and... yeah...
Never thought I'd see the day where I couldn't follow along with a cartoon. It took a minute after watching each episode to process what the heck even happened.
(BTW didn't see a pokemon anime topic, so sorry if this is in the wrong place)

Quote from: Nebbles on December 05, 2016, 04:56:01 PMCUTIEFLY SQUAD WE RIDE TOGETHER WE DIE TOGETHER
Cutiefly with eviolite. I'm making it happen. I wish it got Pollen Puff too though...
Please note I use Musescore and transfer it into Finale Notepad, so formatting may be messed up and help would be appreciated.

Dudeman

Quote from: DocDoom2 on December 06, 2016, 09:32:42 AMCutiefly with eviolite. I'm making it happen. I wish it got Pollen Puff too though...
Given its stats, I'm not entirely sure that'll go so well...but good luck anyway!

aaaaaand now I'm thinking about Eviolite Dewpider. Hmm.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Nebbles

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Nebbles on December 06, 2016, 10:26:24 AMEviolite Mudbray with Stamina.
That's actually a thing, though I've seen most people use Berry Juice in Little Cup.

Quote from: Dudeman on December 05, 2016, 10:29:00 PMThis is why I'm quite content with breeding the old fashioned way.
Can't breed legendaries/Ultra Beasts, though.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Nebbles

I might make a Little Cup team this time around, actually. Gotta ponder on it.

I need to breed myself a proper Dewpider for Assault Vest Araquanid fun times...

Dudeman

Quote from: Nebbles on December 06, 2016, 09:01:57 PMI need to breed myself a proper Dewpider for Assault Vest Araquanid fun times...
I could breed up a spare 5 IV Impish Dewpider if you're interested.

Nebbles

I'll take it for the IVs, but I was planning on making mine Adamant.