News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon

Started by Waddle Bro, May 10, 2016, 06:22:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

best tapu?

tapu koko
tapu fini
tapu lele
tapu bulu

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Dekkadeci

Smogon did it--they quick-banned Power Construct from Zygarde (all other forms). Makes sense, given that Zygarde-50% is hard to OHKO and Zygarde-Complete has base HP that's more than 4/3's of Giratina-A's, yet still retaining Giratina-A's offences and defence (and having Giratina-O-like special defence).

In the meantime, it does seem like lower-rung Pokemon Showdown ladder play is significantly worse than higher-rung. I've seen opponents switch Kartana in on my strong resisted special attacks at least twice already. I OHKO'd it each time. Guys, that's not how to use Kartana. Sadly, I keep having a roughly 50/50 win rate, so I can't break out of the lower ladder.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Dekkadeci on November 23, 2016, 05:12:40 AMSmogon did it--they quick-banned Power Construct from Zygarde (all other forms). Makes sense, given that Zygarde-50% is hard to OHKO and Zygarde-Complete has base HP that's more than 4/3's of Giratina-A's, yet still retaining Giratina-A's offences and defence (and having Giratina-O-like special defence).
Golly! Now what am I going to do to replace it!? D:

QuoteIn the meantime, it does seem like lower-rung Pokemon Showdown ladder play is significantly worse than higher-rung. I've seen opponents switch Kartana in on my strong resisted special attacks at least twice already. I OHKO'd it each time. Guys, that's not how to use Kartana. Sadly, I keep having a roughly 50/50 win rate, so I can't break out of the lower ladder.
Yeah... regardless of how well you build a team, it's impossible to anticipate some of the inane curveball gimmicks often used in lower ladder (I notice this especially in Doubles and BH; guess there's more material to work with there). *shudder* I just try to find times when there are less likely to be trolls (fortunately around afternoon/evening in my timezone), or hope I get lucky.

Also, I'm playing Ubers now, and I've missed a bunch of vital Precipice Blades/Focus Blasts, which has cost me a few games already. Other than that, though, the team works well. Never had this many Precipice Blades misses before.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Oronoco

Quote from: fingerz on November 22, 2016, 10:51:38 PMI FEEL THE NEED TO SHARE MY UNFATHOMABLE GLEE WITH YOU AT THIS POINT IN MY LIFE. I was trying to get a good nature for my Litten and ended up with this on the fifth attempt!  ;D

Spoiler

[close]
Awesome! Did it have a good nature, too?

Was it shiny during the cutscenes when you received it? That'd be really impressive, but I'm guessing it suddenly turned shiny when it entered your party.
Quote from: Yellow on October 13, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.

mikey

Does anyone know how to get to the secret area northeast of route 1?  I can't find an entry point on my map
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Noc
If you're referring to the area by the ocean cave, there's a secret entrance in the Melemele Meadow. Search the southwest edge of the meadow carefully.
[close]
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

Ah thanks I found it

Screw that though without help there's no way I would ever have found it
unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

SlowPokemon

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on November 23, 2016, 11:06:51 AMAh thanks I found it

Screw that though without help there's no way I would ever have found it

To be fair I found it, though I'm also super meticulous
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nebbles

I caught Lunala in one dusk ball lol

What a great battle theme that was though, holy shit
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Dudeman

Lol, I got it with a Quick Ball. Tapu Koko was harder. :P

nickname
also you better have named it Nebby or you're dead to me
[close]
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

E. Gadd Industries

So I got to Route 2. >:/ Misdreavus, why u do this??
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

K-NiGhT

Currently SR-ing for shiny Adamant Wimpod. Wish me luck
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

EFitTrainr

I caught Solgaleo in a Luxury Ball and Tapu Koko in a Poke Ball.
I like food.

Jub3r7

It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]