News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon

Started by Waddle Bro, May 10, 2016, 06:22:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

best tapu?

tapu koko
tapu fini
tapu lele
tapu bulu

Zeila

Quote from: Dekkadeci on October 27, 2016, 04:51:06 AMJust read it up--official Japanese twitter has revealed TCG cards of the starters' final evolutions (so we get Japanese names, but not typings). Would reveals like this have ever occurred if the demo didn't leak all those new Pokemon images?
Idk, but they just released a new trailer about an hour ago that reveals the English names

Edit: maybe I should've watched it before I posted, but it reveals more than just leaked info (including typings, unless I just never saw all of it in the first place)

Spoiler
I was surprised at Deciduyes typing, and thankful that Incineroar really did turn out to be fire/dark. Still not really sold on the names but I'll likely get used to it pretty quickly. Also, hype for the previous champions coming back!
[close]

TheDreamingHawk

So there's a Battle Tree that's like the PWT now? Interesting... If its balanced just as well (not using the broken AI from Gen VI) then this just may be good after all.

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

Oronoco

My word. The Tapu Z-Move looks so cruel. I felt like a horrible person just watching it.

Spoiler
I'm so glad Incineroar turned out fire-dark, too. And I love Decidueye's name, but that's probably just because I study trees.
[close]
Quote from: Yellow on October 13, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.

Dudeman

I JUST WATCHED THE NEXT TRAILER AND MY HYPE IS THROUGH THE ROOF HELP
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

DocDoom2

Quote from: Dudeman on October 27, 2016, 08:26:37 AMMY HYPE IS THROUGH THE ROOF HELP
YES! I'm not the only one!
Quite frankly though, I almost died of hype when seeing the stuff announced right at the end of the trailer!
idk if this even needs a spoiler but I'll put it in anyways.
Spoiler
Does anyone else like how they aged Red and Blue a bit? Makes sense since it's been 20 years, right?
Also I can't wait to battle every Champion with my favorite Pokemon from Gens 1-7. Assuming that they have all the champions in the battle tree (I mean, Wally is there and he ain't a champ.)
Incineroar almost became my favorite starter, but it just couldn't beat out Emboar... I always end up liking the less popular starters for some reason...
[close]
Please note I use Musescore and transfer it into Finale Notepad, so formatting may be messed up and help would be appreciated.

mikey

wait was I right about Sun and Moon having the GSC postgame?
unmotivated

Nebbles

I'M SO EXCITED FOR EVERYTHING OH MY GOD
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Dekkadeci

May as well give my input on the new stuff:
Spoiler
It's great that Game Freak can still surprise us even given that we know pretty much all the new 'mon images. I definitely wasn't expecting Decidueye being Grass/Ghost (and, frankly, if Game Freak is saying that "Spirit channellers are part Ghost", I think that's a bad and unintuitive direction to go).

Speaking of Grass/Ghost, if the Gen 7 starters behave like Gen 6 starters and cyclically fully beat each other typing-wise, I predict that Game Freak will start thankfully nerfing Fairy and making it weak to Ghost.

...Guess the Guardian Deities went in the second most obvious direction and took on typings related to the Terrains.

IMO, it's hilarious that all the starters' final evolutions are flamboyant show-offs and none of the Guardian Deities care about any perceived duties towards humanity.

Cosmog looks part pre-evo of legendaries, part offspring, and part unconnected Celestial Servant, but at least it's conclusively not a sealed form. It's funny how accurately I nailed the etymology of its name with "Clouds For Arms", and my suspicion that it evolves into "Encased In Gold" is looking more and more accurate.

Competitively, Gen 7 is looking REALLY high-powered right now. Two new trapping damaging moves, 3 out of 4 Guardian Deities getting Mega Charizard Y levels of pump with their abilities...I predict several of last generation's Ubers getting unbanned into OU at this rate.
[close]

Dudeman

Regarding competitive
Would it be correct for me to assume that Decidueye will get immediately banned to Ubers due to Spirit Shackle, even if the 'mon itself doesn't turn out to be particularly good?
[close]
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Dekkadeci

Quote from: Dudeman on October 28, 2016, 08:58:41 AM
Regarding competitive
Would it be correct for me to assume that Decidueye will get immediately banned to Ubers due to Spirit Shackle, even if the 'mon itself doesn't turn out to be particularly good?
[close]
Response
I don't think so. Loads of Pokemon get Mean Look, which traps but doesn't damage and fades upon its setter switching out, and Mean Look is so bad that it isn't used competitively. We'll need to test Thousand Waves and Spirit Shackle before we can figure out if they're ban-worthy or not. It's possible that they both fade on their setters switching out or Spirit Shackle deals Rapid Spin-levels of damage, for example.
[close]

Waddle Bro

Quote from: Dudeman on October 28, 2016, 08:58:41 AM
Regarding competitive
[close]
no, when a new metagame starts we're going to have mons like genesect, deoxys-speed(& defense), m-kang, m-mawile, aegislash, landorus-i brought back to see how they fit in the metagame. they will be back until the ou council and suspect test votings decide the outcome of those mons. a lot of them will eventually be banned, but they are still given a fair chance with community suspect tests.
but decidueye will definitely be good, it's a grass type that can beat other grass types :]

Dekkadeci

Quote from: Waddle Bro on October 29, 2016, 05:46:16 AMno, when a new metagame starts we're going to have mons like genesect, deoxys-speed(& defense), m-kang, m-mawile, aegislash, landorus-i brought back to see how they fit in the metagame. they will be back until the ou council and suspect test votings decide the outcome of those mons. a lot of them will eventually be banned, but they are still given a fair chance with community suspect tests.
but decidueye will definitely be good, it's a grass type that can beat other grass types :]
You're right - but first will come the game mechanics-finding stage I alluded to in my response. Smogon gets to unban Aegislash, Genesect, Mega Lucario, possibly the cover legendaries, etc. after we figure out such debatable blurry areas as these that the full game will answer:
Likely game mechanics spoilers and speculation
  • How much damage Spirit Shackle does, whether it still traps when Decidueye isn't in, etc.
  • How many Ultra Beasts you can put in your team at once (it's possible that we have a Kyurem-B/W case on our hands and you can't get 2 or more Ultra Beasts at once because you have only one item to capture and hold them with)
  • Whether you can battle with Zygarde-Complete without needing to get Zygarde-Not-Complete below 50% health
  • What health level Wishiwashi School Form reverts back to its tiny fish form at
  • Whether Smogon lets people battle with Z-Moves (I suspect yes, but they've banned all kinds of items and stuff)
  • Whether the Paralysis nerf in the demo applies in the full game
  • Whether Alolan Forms have different stat distributions from regular old Kanto forms
[close]

Dudeman

Spoiler
Concerning Spirit Shackle's damage, take a look at the Japanese trailer. Unless that Decidueye is massively overleveled or that Alolan Raichu has terrible defense on top of being weak to Ghost, I don't think the damage is going to be anything to sniff at.
[close]

Nitro Indigo

I personally predict that you won't be able to catch the Ultra Beasts. Since they're not Pokémon, would Pokéballs even work on them?
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

Dekkadeci

Quote from: Nitro Indigo on October 30, 2016, 02:26:49 AMI personally predict that you won't be able to catch the Ultra Beasts. Since they're not Pokémon, would Pokéballs even work on them?
Answer
That was my initial thought, too, as Ultra Beasts are not promoted as Pokemon and Game Freak has shown precedents in letting you battle the uncapturable (that don't show up in Pokédexes). Unfortunately, the demo data mines have revealed that there is an item that lets you capture Ultra Beasts.
[close]