Started by Waddle Bro, May 10, 2016, 06:22:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

best tapu?

tapu koko
tapu fini
tapu lele
tapu bulu

cashwarrior1

Well, they may actually be cool in the full game! I can tell that it's mostly the grunts that think they're cool and not the admins or whatnot.

Dekkadeci

Spoiler
Finally commenting on the 3D model leak contents:

Low number of new 'mons
My theory that Sun and Moon is a chump change, rush job generation made because Zygarde's new forms were getting too complex to fit in Generation 6 is looking more and more plausible.

Serebii.net's forum's habit of putting placeholder names on 'mons
I actually like the established placeholder names I've seen there. Even without me labelling 'mon pictures, I think you and I can figure out which 'mons Robin Hoot, Marshadow, and Yeti Crab are. (My placeholder names are in quotation marks.)

Alolan Forms
Thank goodness they don't seem to be going completely overboard on them numbers-wise. However, I need all their typings before I can come up with a complete evaluation.
Looks-wise, I can recognize the Kanto 'mons in all of them, so I can't criticize them too much.
On a sadder note, these had better get hidden abilities or Smogon will blanket ban the Alolan Vulpix line because all it's known to get is the evasion-raising Snow Cloak...

New non-legendary 'mons
Definitely some cool concepts in there, though I was honestly expecting Komala to evolve.
I don't care how closely related woodpeckers and toucans are; I still think that biological impossibilities like woodpeckers (Pikipek) evolving (read: maturing) into toucans shouldn't occur, especially not in generations this late. I still can't quite forgive remoras (Remoraid) evolving into octopi (Octillery).
It'll be fun to speculate version exclusives, evolution methods, and more. I'm already suspecting that the Fomantis line is Sun-exclusive, the Morelull line is Moon-exclusive (based on their adjacent positions in the 3D lineup), Type: Null evolves when it gets max happiness, Steenee needs a Leaf Stone or Sun Stone to evolve into Tsareena...

Guardian Deities
They look plausible given that Tapu Koko is a member, and that's enough for me to give them the thumbs-up. That 2 of them look female and the other 2 look male is a nice, politically correct touch.
Tapu Koko got an awesome pose in its 3D model, IMO.

"Celestial Tykes"
My first instinct upon looking at them was that "Clouds For Arms" evolves into "Encased In Gold", then doesn't evolve any further, and that they're basically Solgaleo and Lunala's Celestial Servants.
Unfortunately, the big speculation is that they're pre-evolutions or sealed forms of Solgaleo et al. Also, if the 82-mon-large Pokédex is true, those things could be pre-evolutions (or just servants) and we'd still be missing a 'mon. If they're different forms, then we'd be missing 3 'mons. It's possible that Serebii.net is confused and we have 81 new Pokemon after all. The not-forms theories are looking more plausible.
An outside possibility is that they're Phione-style children of Solgaleo and Lunala, where the 2 cover legends breed to produce them as offspring, but the tykes can't evolve into them.

Ultra Beasts
They don't look like Pokemon, and that's a good thing, IMO. They definitely look like plausible threats to Pokemon and humankind.
I suspect they're like the opponents in http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokéstar_Studios_opponents and you can't capture them.
...Especially since I also subscribe to the theory that the Ultra Beasts are transformed (meta?-)humans. The link between Lillie, Who Can't Touch Pokemon In The Anime and UB-01 is the most obvious, but since I've read that Lusamine and Gladion share Lillie's hair and eye colour, I'm agreeing with some speculators that Lusamine is UB-02 Beauty.
I predict that not all the higher-ups in the Aether Foundation are Ultra Beasts--I can't see Wicke in any of them, and it's a sign that I've read that "Faba looks like a stretch".
I've seen a fanmade picture speculating that Team Skull's Guzma looks like "UB-03 Star Head" and therefore can turn into it, so be prepared for non-Aether members becoming Ultra Beasts.
Part of me believes that Gladion fits "Severus Snape has a Patronus" and he'll get his Type: Null Silvally (as seen in trailers) to headbutt him and successfully purge the Ultra Beast ability from him. How Gladion can get his former Type: Null to trust him enough to evolve, I'm otherwise not sure.
I'm also wondering why the Aether Foundation was founded. The bigger speculation is that Aether experimentation is leading to Ultra Beasts being made, but I'm starting to wonder whether Aether was founded in order to compassionately give Ultra Beasts (in human form) jobs, or whether Ultra Beasts actually have compassion for Pokemon. I think that, if Lusamine is UB-02 Beauty, she was that Ultra Beast before she became a member of Aether (whether by joining or co-founding).

New mythicals
Marshadow may be the true 100-in-all-base-stats mythical (part of me thinks that Magearna looks like she specializes in defence and special attack too much). There's loads of speculation already that Marshadow will get another form, and given the precedent in Shaymin, I'm inclined to agree.
[close]

SlowPokemon

Oh, I forgot to comment on this, but Team Skull made me laugh a LOT. I think it was a combination of the "rap accompaniment-esque" theme music, the ridiculously detailed movements of their character models, and the way they acted like wannabe gangsters. I'm actually pretty excited about what their storyline will be in the full version.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Dudeman

For Dekka; thought I'd clear a couple things up
- Marshadow is a confirmed name; GameFreak filed a trademark for it back in June. It prompted a lot of speculation about if it was the third Legendary in the traditional trio, which it doesn't appear to be now.
- GameFreak has confirmed that you can catch the Ultra Beasts, so...
[close]
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

TheDreamingHawk

New official info from an interview.

Highlights:

-No soaring

-Megas only in post-game due to focus on Z Moves

-Creepy mongoose Pokemon isn't trying to build a wall

Oh, and new info from the datamine. I'm not marking this as a spoiler because quite frankly it'd be the stupidest spoiler of all time if I did. It's probably the best takeaway from all this.

Ready?

No Hidden Machines.

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

SlowPokemon

I kind of figured there would be no hidden machines now that Tauros can break rocks. I'm sure they'll have other Pokémon to field the other roadblocks.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Dude

alolan form Persian spoiler
I love how Alolan Persian looks like Garfield
[close]

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: TheDreamingHawk on October 19, 2016, 08:57:35 AM-No soaring
no

Quote-Megas only in post-game due to focus on Z Moves
I'm ok with that.

Anyway, now that I'm back on my computer, thoughts on all the Pokemon (yes, ALL):
Spoiler
- Starters are all cool. Would probably rank the final evolutions as Popplio > Rowlet > Litten, but I don't dislike many of them. Might end up going with Rowlet simply because I can have Greninja again. :P :P
- Toucan is NICE, but Gumshoos is only "ok."
- Not a fan of Crawbrawler's evo.
- Ribombee is <3 <3 <3
- I like Sun Lycanroc much better than Moon. Moon's tries to be EDGY and DARK, but is way too gaunt to take seriously and also a bit too... red...?
- New Pokemon from the TCG leak and its evo are pretty nice. I also like the "Bubble Spider" Pokemon.
- Morelull's evo is decent, but I would have preferred something less... humanoid, perhaps? Just a little too reminiscent of Amoonguss.
- Salandit's evo is good, but it looks either like it needs a middle form (and make the current evo more impressive-looking), or another evolution. I'm hoping it doesn't turn out to be this generation's Heliolisk.
- Still not sure about either monkey.
- Wimpod's evolution is easily a top 10 'Mon based on appearance alone (and probably the best of this gen as well). Really hope it keeps the typing and gets a good ability (and isn't like Barbaracle, the closest comparison I can think of).
- Rather surprised that Pyukumuku didn't get an evolution, and disappointed that neither Minior nor Komala got one either. I can somewhat understand Mimikyu, though it would've been awesome to see a really demented Pikachu-ghost-thing.
- Anchor Pokemon is interesting, though I'm not a fan of the bright splash of color in the middle of it.
- The island guardians are a neat concept, but I think I like Tapu Koko and the blue shelled one the best. I don't even know what the big hulking one is doing, but it concerns me.
- Shiny Solgaleo is ew, but Shiny Lunala is awesome.
- I really really love the Ultra Beasts. They give the creature designers a chance to make cool concepts without strictly adhering to many guidelines; we can definitely see how creative they can be given less restraints, and I think this is a positive step to keep the Pokemon designs interesting. My favorites are both UB-02, the one that looks suspiciously like Guzma, the greenish one that looks like a Final Fantasy summon, and the giant mouth-crab-thing.
- All the different color schemes for Magearna are... fascinating. Wonder what they'll be for.
- Alolan Dugtrio: http://i.imgur.com/GcRoRMf.png; Not sure about Golem or Persian, but as I've said before, the rest of them are fine. Alolan Muk is BRILLIANCE.
[close]
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dudeman

mikey

So far I have no idea if I'm missing anything.  How long does it take for someone to figure out the demo and put it on the internet
unmotivated

Dekkadeci

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on October 19, 2016, 04:38:14 PMSo far I have no idea if I'm missing anything.  How long does it take for someone to figure out the demo and put it on the internet
Hours, according to the news we've gotten.

Last generation, the ORAS demo was cracked somewhat quickly (and missed several Mega Evolutions), but the XY games were cracked so slowly that the only evidence we heard for months that its event mythicals existed was that you could request Diancie, Hoopa, and Volcanion for trade.

mikey

Yesterday I looked for info but I was already ahead of them by 10 pretty wings
unmotivated

TheDreamingHawk

Also keep in mind that the XY leaks took longer because the 3DS itself wasn't hackable at the time. That's how when the full game leaked early Nintendo was successfully able to take it away from the first canadian leaker.

...Only for the italians to leak it shortly afterwards from someone else who got the full game causing all of europe to suffer two delays as punishment.

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

braix

I'M CALLING IT HERE OKAY
I'M ARRANGING THE WILD POKEMON BATTLE THEME kthxbai
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.