Started by Waddle Bro, May 10, 2016, 06:22:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

best tapu?

tapu koko
tapu fini
tapu lele
tapu bulu

TheDreamingHawk

Just finished the main part of the SM demo and overall, i think one thing it has a lot of is charm. Neat little touches I found admirable were hidden in places I didn't expect, and the dialogue was better than pretty much anything in XY/ORAS (and this is just the demo!)

Performance wise on my N3DS Single battles ran with zero issues but sadly double battles took a minor hit and Poke finder ran like ass regardless of whether my 3D was on or not. At least it doesn't get worse when you turn it on.

I'm still messing around with some other things in the demo, but my written review of the demo in terms of its performance should be up later this week. Overall, paced better and is more engaging than the ORAS one by a long shot, but I did have some very minor gripes (which I'll mention in the review).

Oh, and the music for the field area is god-like. Seriously, I was blown away after expecting mediocre music like the trailers, but a lot of the new themes in the demo sound iPod worthy to me.

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

Latios212

Spoiler
I love variations of songs so much I was really disappointed that Day/Night versions were in D/P/Pt thus far but if they come back in S/M aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
[close]
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Nebbles

The music is fantastic so far! Like, goddamn, I cannot wait for the full OST.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

DocDoom2

Granted this is only for the jingles that I remember of the top of my head but man I never thought Hoenn could be out-trumpeted!
Otherwise I love the music, and I like about half of the leaked 'mons!
Spoiler
Why the heck do the Ultra Beasts have Shiny forms though?
And what... happened... to Persian... I mean, besides Ken Suigimori (sorry if I spelt his name incorrectly) obviously liking Garfield...
[close]
Please note I use Musescore and transfer it into Finale Notepad, so formatting may be messed up and help would be appreciated.

Oronoco

Okay, I'm exercising a lot of restraint and not playing the demo. But I just realized it might be pointless.

I've never demoed anything before. If I play it now, how much of that special, first-time, oh-my-word-it's-a-new-Pokemon-game-yay-for-adventure-the-sun-is-shining-and-life-is-incredible feeling is spoiled for when I play the game for-real in a month?

I'm so happy to hear all these good opinions!
Quote from: Yellow on October 13, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dudeman

I'm conflicted about getting the demo but I already looked at all the leaks and it's free soooooooo
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

TheDreamingHawk

Quote from: DocDoom2 on October 18, 2016, 12:45:57 PM
Spoiler
Why the heck do the Ultra Beasts have Shiny forms though?
[close]
Spoiler
Because surprise surprise, the Aether people are secretly Pokemon/have Pokesona forms of sorts. Therefore like the legends they'll get shiny forms whether they're shiny locked or not in order to prevent a game crash.
[close]

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

SlowPokemon

Still avoiding spoilers (thanks for continuing to mark them) but I saw everything the demo had to offer, minus those people who want me to come back in X number of days. Nice demo but here are some complaints:

1. Music and sound seems way too quiet, I could hardly hear anything at max volume. I needed headphones.
2. Graphics are pretty terrible. Worse than the last couple games for sure. It just feels much more pixelly and low-res.
3. New battle UI is fun and should make remembering typings of new Pokémon a breeze; however, marking which moves will be super effective seems kind of like a step too far. Memorizing the type chart is one of the more fun aspects of battling for me, so I hope there's an option to turn that feature off in the full version.
4. The character sprite looks very weird while walking. Also, only being able to use the Circle Pad to move is kind of odd to get used to.
5. The camera angles are fresh and lovely but they do sometimes make it hard to make things out, especially on a 3DS screen.

Those are basically my only complaints though and they're all easily overlooked, so here's hoping the rest of the game is as strong as the demo suggests it will be!
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DocDoom2

I agree with all of that especially the music volume.
The only thing is I didn't notice were the graphics problem you mentioned.

Quote from: Oronoco on October 18, 2016, 12:52:08 PMIf I play it now, how much of that special, first-time, oh-my-word-it's-a-new-Pokemon-game-yay-for-adventure-the-sun-is-shining-and-life-is-incredible feeling is spoiled for when I play the game for-real in a month?
The demo helped hype me up even more, once the game releases I'm sure it'll still have that first-time feeling to it for me!
That's just my opinion though.
Please note I use Musescore and transfer it into Finale Notepad, so formatting may be messed up and help would be appreciated.

TheDreamingHawk

Slow, did you play on a Original 3DS model or the New 3DS model? That may be why some things you saw weren't encountered by me (like the music problem or visuals, outside of seeing that compressed pikachu on the avatar's head)

SlowPokemon

cashwarrior1

Honestly when I started playing, for some reason, I did not like anything at first. I hated the character model, I hated the amount of guitars used in music, I hated a lot of things. But then, in an instant, I loved everything. The character model became more likeable (the walking animation did not), I actually really liked the music as the ones that I didn't like had amazing bass lines and other songs were also amazing! I generally don't like how the graphics look, they look amazing, but I just don't like how big it looked. After a little while, I started to really appreciate the things I saw in the background and the texture of the grass and it started to look better. Also, I'm so glad I made the decision to get Pokemon Moon, I get all the awesome night themes all day!

My favorite song.
[close]

SlowPokemon

^theres not much guitar in the OST. That's all ukulele, to make a Hawaiian sound.

mikey

The music is pretty meh for me.  The demo is good enough at least that I still plan on getting the game.  Looks like it doesnt force you to use any of the dumb stuff, and the graphics seem good.  Not sure how I feel about the ugly tauros costume, and I wish the enemy team could actually be cool instead of thinking theyre cool.
unmotivated