News:

Found an issue in the Requests Board? Let Bubbles know!

Main Menu

Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon

Started by Waddle Bro, May 10, 2016, 06:22:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

best tapu?

tapu koko
tapu fini
tapu lele
tapu bulu

BlackDragonSlayer

NEW TRAILER, HOT OFF THE PRESS! NEW POKEMON! BETTER LOOKS AT OTHER REVEALED POKEMON!

Spoiler
DAT BUG/WATER TRILOBITE. WOO.

GENERIC LOOKING FRUIT POKEMON!? I CAN BUY IT.

LEI POKEMON!? PRETTY NEAT. MAYBE BETWEEN THESE TWO THERE'LL BE AT LEAST ONE GRASS/FAIRY TYPE.

GROUND TYPE BATTLE HORSE... THING? OK, SURE.

wait why am i typing in all caps am i really getting this excited over a little trailer
[close]

Spoiler
Quote from: SerebiiEdit @ 14:02: Some new Pokémon have been revealed: Wimpod which is Bug/Water with the ability Wimp Out which when this Pokémon's HP drops below half in battle, it will run away or swap out for another Pokémon., Bounsweet which is Grass with Leaf Guard & Oblivous, Comfey, Fairy-type with Flower Veil and Triage, which makes restorative moves gain the highest priority in battle., Mudsdale which is Ground with the abilities Own Tempo & Stamina which increases the Pokémon's Defense goes up by 1 when it's hit by an attack.. Mimkyu keeps its Japanese name and its ability Disguise which allows it to escape damage from an enemy's attack just one time, and then its appearance changes.. The bear Pokémon is called Bewear. Its ability Fluffy halves the damage taken from attacks that make direct contact, but in return it also doubles the damage taken from Fire-type moves.
You can also host your own competitions on the Pokémon Global Link

A new mode called Hyper Training is announced. With Hyper Training, Pokémon that have grown to Lv. 100 will be able to increase their individual strengths, which has never been possible before. It utilises Bottle Caps as an item in order to boost the stats. Magearna will be given one when distributed.
-I'm pretty hyped over Wimpod's typing, which I really really hope it keeps. Its ability could be great if it allows you to choose which Pokemon you swap out to (think: U-Turn)... or it could be very bad. I know one thing: It's going to be a pain to catch...!
-Bounsweet seems kind of generic, like a cross between Cherubi and Jumpluff. Its abilities don't give me much more hope.
-Comfey seems interesting. I wonder if its new ability will just be a more limited form of Prankster, or if it will make restorative moves have the highest priority, if you catch my drift.
-Mudsdale's gonna be a tank (it kind of reminds me of Weak Armor, except it raises defense, and doesn't have any downsides). OOOOOOOO yeah!
-Mimikyu's ability seems like it could be insanely overpowered if it doesn't only work exclusively with Mimikyu, or doesn't have some form of limitation (like, does it reset upon switching out?). I mean, being able to avoid damage for a whole turn!? Wow.
-Fluffy seems... like an interesting ability. Also, Bewear is an 11/10 name. is just great
-Hyper Training...? Oooh. Me like the sound of this.
[close]
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

cashwarrior1

I'm liking the new pokemon as they fit the Alola region perfectly, but my problem is that they don't seem to be able to fit in any other region. I guess they could be in pokemon safaris or tropical areas, otherwise most of them don't fit.

TheDreamingHawk

I honestly consider a lot of the new Pokemon save for the starters and the Vikavolt line to be the ugliest I have seen. Wimpod has an amusing cry though, while Comfey and Bounsweet look OK at best IMO. I guess after liking nearly every Pokemon in Gen VI (Save for two, the Binacle line) it's only natural that Gen VII would be the one where I dislike nearly every Pokemon. Hopefully we get good looking ones soon...

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

cashwarrior1

I dislike the looks of them too, but thinking about how this region is drastically different from everything we've seen, it only makes sense for the pokemon to be drastically different.

Dudeman

I'm honestly surprised by the amount of new abilities being introduced. Like, there's a lot more than I'd expect.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Jub3r7

https://youtu.be/3AZHowhxM0U

I am screaming.
Spoiler
i laughed at mega exeggutor (not necessarily in a bad way) but then i was yelling in hype when i saw ice forms and the rest of it
[close]
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Olimar12345

These alola forms look lazy af. Are they going to be mega evolutions or just region-deferent versions (like shellos)? Those types are the exact opposite for some of them.

Also lol at the trump otter thing evolving.

I'll be getting that mantis btw.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

E. Gadd Industries

THIS LOOKS AMAZING. Although I don't get the Z-attacks.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

SlowPokemon

The Alola forms are cool. Actual animals vary by type and species depending on the part of the world so this makes sense to me. Also it's a good way to revisit old Pokémon and make them feel fresh, rather than just make a clone. (Don't ask me why Exeggutor's Alola form is Grass-Dragon though.)

I'm not sold on a couple of the new Pokémon yet (the only good thing about Gumshoos is its name), but eh. The lack of gym battles in this game makes for an interesting, new structure, and it looks like this will be the most weird or deviant games yet, so I'm excited.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

BlackDragonSlayer

Spoiler
- DRAGON EXEGGUTOR IS BEST PALM TREE. But that ability is pretty mediocre...
- Ice Ninetales is amazing. No Snow Warning, though? That would have gone along so perfectly with its other form's ability and Ice Sandslash.
- Ice/Steel Sandslash is perfect and I will embrace all the Fire-type and Fighting-type attacks for you~ <3 <3 <3
- Oricorio is a cheerleader/dancer bird 'Mon and that's just great. I WANT TO MAKE A GIF OF THAT SPECTACULAR CHEERLEADING ROUTINE WOO.
- Minior seems like the right way to do a form-changing ability (looking at you, Zen Mode Darmanitan), and I hope they don't mess it up. Also design-wise, it seems like a better version of Solrock/Lunatone.
- Gumshoos is fair, though it definitely looks like a caricature of a... certain someone.
- Formantis/Lurantis look decent, but why Leaf Guard? That only serves to make it even more unexceptional!!!
- Mudbray/Mudsdale for Skiddo/Gogoat of Gen VII confirmed. Riding Pokemon seems fun though (and Charizard too?!?!).
- The Island Challenge seems like an interesting new concept, and the Trial Captains seem more personalized/unique than Gym Leaders. The Totem Pokemon seem interesting as well; I wonder if you can catch them as more powerful alternatives to regular Pokemon, or if they just serve as boss battle-esque encounters like Kyurem in Black 2/White 2.
- Kahunas? Boy, they're just layering on the boss-like encounters. I wonder if there will even be Gym Leaders at this rate? :P
- Z-Moves are pretty much Pokemon Limit Breaks? I wonder if this is in-game only or if this will add a whole new aspect to competitive battling. Oooh. I hope they add a higher difficulty mode so things don't get too easy, what with Mega Evolutions, Exp. Share, AND Z-Moves. also bloom doom for best name
[close]

Also:
http://i.imgur.com/ZtyEVen.gifv

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SlowPokemon

@BDS it's already confirmed no gyms in this game
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

BlackDragonSlayer

Hmm, that's rather unfortunate, but it will probably help keep things interesting, both in terms of gameplay and character design. Anyway, it seems that Alolan Exeggutor is now the second-tallest Pokemon. Yikes.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

DocDoom2

Darn, Gyms were pretty much my favorite part of the games... Hopefully Gen 8
I LOVE the new Sandslash and Ninetales line variants!
Oricorio has potential to wreck in competitive with that ability.
I've been waiting to hear about the Z-Moves and they seem interesting, but they're just not selling it for me (maybe Gumshoos can help with it's excellent bargaining skills).
I like how they're making this game different, but I hope they do it right like BW and don't go overboard.
Please note I use Musescore and transfer it into Finale Notepad, so formatting may be messed up and help would be appreciated.

mikey

I don't care about any new stuff, I'm just going to use sky attack rhydon in online battles for kicks
unmotivated