Started by Waddle Bro, May 10, 2016, 06:22:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

best tapu?

tapu koko
tapu fini
tapu lele
tapu bulu

Dudeman

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on June 02, 2016, 11:18:53 AMdon't have much to say about Hau (HAU!?)
What, is that an attempt to shield yourself from criticism?

no one ever understands
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Dudeman on June 02, 2016, 11:26:12 AMWhat, is that an attempt to shield yourself from criticism?

no one ever understands
Ay! A pun so bad I must mask my face in shame!
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

rotomdex is in fact the best thing ever
unmotivated

Nebbles

Rotomdex is something I never knew I needed, but I love it.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

mikey

they gave a kind of stupid idea design space and now it's good
unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

O_O
Did you guys see when Lunala did the Moongeist Beam, how it formed a third eye???

...Illuminati confirmed.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Nebbles

My bat child grows more beautiful every day.

Waddle Bro

added new poll
also previous poll results, probably could redo the starter poll when we have more info:

Which starter do you plan to go with?
Rowlet
- 11 (55%)
Litten
- 6 (30%)
Popplio
- 3 (15%)

DocDoom2

Here's something I saw on Serebii, "There's a new feature where you can scan QR Codes in order to read a Pokémon's Pokédex data to explain where you can find it. You can also share codes with a friend so it is registered in your Pokédex..."
Seems like a nice feature to have so that your friend doesn't have to trade their Mew to you in order for you to get registered in your Pokedex, etc.
And on the Alola Map I noticed some good potential Ice Gym and Water Gym locations.
Either way, these games are starting to shape-up! now all I need are new pokemon and the evos of the starters and I'll be good
Please note I use Musescore and transfer it into Finale Notepad, so formatting may be messed up and help would be appreciated.

TheDreamingHawk

Thoughts on today's news:

Legendaries: Honestly, it showed yet another example of how Gamefreak & Nintendo needs to do a better job of making their trademarks private. Seriously, the names are really cool and if they weren't leaked early, I probably would have been a huge fan of them. Still a huge fan of Lunaala due to design and moves, but the fact that the other one has the exact same typing as Jirachi (When they share nothing in common) just comes across as odd. I mean, it's like they forced the typing onto the Sun Legendary just so people would stop calling it White Pyroar or something. Oh well, hopefully it gets cool moves that makes him a good addition on the team.

Region: Well, the five-island adventure theory seems to have come true, and from the full map it seems like it could possibly be as long as the first half of HGSS/GS in terms of getting to the league? Maybe? Depends on all they put in the islands.

Profressor: TEN HOURS and the shadow realms of the internet are filled with this guy. One thing is for sure, at least seeing everyone go crazy over this guy gave me the best laughs I've had in months.

Rotom Dex: Odd concept... But I actually do think a interactive Pokedex that talked to you in the game (instead of just the anime) was way overdue. Very interesting! Though the QR code thing seems a bit unsettling since it could easily lead to folks slamming serebii on launch day to fill up all the Seen category.

Also, I LOVE the new interface.

New Player characters: I really do like their designs a lot more than the ones from X/Y. I think they are my favorite trainer designs since G/S/C.

Overworld footage: Since they showed off a lot more, I'm a bit happy that it seems to give me some Bravely Default/Second vibes. Doesn't seem like there's tall grass this time around, either. Maybe the battles will be engaged akin to Chrono Trigger? (As in every Wild Pokemon is on the map and you run into it to start the battle)

Battle footage: The most disappointing part. While the HUD looks flashier and the new Pokemon look cool in battle, the two older Pokemon they showed (Gengar and Salamence) literally have no changed animations from Gen VI, which is completely disappointing considering how the Gen I-Gen II and the Gen IV-Gen V transitions added newer sprites for most of the older pokemon. I really hope that "Gameplay footage not final" means this is only temporary and that they aren't going to rehash the Gen VI models.

Overall, it fit my expectations well. Not super excited still, but I am interested enough in seeing it at E3 in a few weeks.

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

Latios212

Quote from: TheDreamingHawk on June 02, 2016, 04:25:11 PMSeriously, the names are really cool and if they weren't leaked early, I probably would have been a huge fan of them.
What? A name is a name no matter when you find out about it.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mikey

I just want to buy these so I can spam my sky attack rhydons in online battles
unmotivated

Dudeman

Quote from: TheDreamingHawk on June 02, 2016, 04:25:11 PMBattle footage: The most disappointing part. While the HUD looks flashier and the new Pokemon look cool in battle, the two older Pokemon they showed (Gengar and Salamence) literally have no changed animations from Gen VI, which is completely disappointing considering how the Gen I-Gen II and the Gen IV-Gen V transitions added newer sprites for most of the older pokemon. I really hope that "Gameplay footage not final" means this is only temporary and that they aren't going to rehash the Gen VI models.
I don't really understand why you expect this. Remaking a sprite is one thing; updating a 3D model, complete with new animations, is another thing entirely. What is there to update, anyway? Do you just want difference for difference's sake? Was there something wrong with the X/Y models? I thought they were perfectly fine. Besides, Sun and Moon appear to be running on an engine very similar to X and Y's, with few modifications. Why they need new models is beyond me.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Altissimo

Quote from: TheDreamingHawk on June 02, 2016, 04:25:11 PMBattle footage: The most disappointing part. While the HUD looks flashier and the new Pokemon look cool in battle, the two older Pokemon they showed (Gengar and Salamence) literally have no changed animations from Gen VI, which is completely disappointing considering how the Gen I-Gen II and the Gen IV-Gen V transitions added newer sprites for most of the older pokemon. I really hope that "Gameplay footage not final" means this is only temporary and that they aren't going to rehash the Gen VI models.

That's not at all comparable. There was a reason for gen 2 to redraw their sprites, because apart from the old ones being horrid messes, gen 2 had different color and shading options, so why wouldn't they show them off by redrawing them? Then gen 5 had the whole dynamic movement thing, and a lot of the gen 4 sprites would have translated very poorly to that kind of style. On the other hand, gen 6 and 7 are not only on the same system but are using the same battle system, so I don't see any reason why Game Freak would spend their time redrawing perfectly good models when nothing is different enough to warrant it.

And because I know you're going to come back and say "well why don't they change the battle interface then", it is counter-intuitive to change it every generation when there is no reason to. As the old adage goes, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". If it's because you want something a little prettier or different, well... that's not how game companies work. There simply is not a reason to revamp the battle interface yet again just because it's similar to something that worked from a previous generation.

There comes a point at which there are no more graphical updates to be had. It's kind of unfair to expect them to arbitrarily make some for the sake of ... I don't even know what. "Variety"?

Dudeman ninja'd and said most of the same shit.

Nebbles

Agree with Dudeman and Alti. Stop asking for too much. You're setting yourself up to be disappointed.