News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon

Started by Waddle Bro, May 10, 2016, 06:22:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

best tapu?

tapu koko
tapu fini
tapu lele
tapu bulu

E. Gadd Industries

Wow. That's unusual for me to see that a Fire starter isn't the most popular; around here, pretty much everyone picks Fire every time.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

cashwarrior1

I don't really think that it's a significant difference between them. They seem to be loved equally. Rowlet is the most popular so it will be picked the most. Pupplio is the least popular and people sympathizing for it/ actually liking it will make it picked the second most. Then Litten.

JDMEK5

Forgive me for continuing in an old discussion but what with my internet no longer in service, I'm late to every party it seems now.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 13, 2016, 06:59:44 AMHave you noticed that in Kageyama's tracks, you can always tell exactly where the music is going? That doesn't make them bad, but that does make them dull. He errs on the side of too familiar and even cliché a lot of the time whereas the other composers, particularly Masuda and Sato, write music that is pretty consistently unexpected or at least interesting. For example, Masuda's work on Red and Blue, as Olimar pointed out, is very very different in the way its bass is often nonexistent or interweaved with the melody (see tracks like Lavender Town for what I'm talking about). Even now, his battle themes are pretty consistently great. Sato uses a very unique style of scattered rhythms and often things like embellishments or grace notes in unexpected places. She at least shows a certain variety and impressive range in her composing ability--I love every single track she's written. Go Ichinose is definitely more of a "classic" and natural composer, but his ideas are infinitely more interesting and well-executed than Kageyama's. I might be alone in hearing these things, but I don't think anyone can deny what I'm talking about.
See, I guess we appreciate these composers for different reasons. While I do love things unpredictable and different, there's something about a bit of predictability that speaks to me. Like an organic conversation. That's why Kageyama's stuff often resonates with me. I can definitely listen critically and appreciate small sporatic details in any piece of music, but it's the simple, catchy, predictable stuff that I listen to when I'm driving or doing the dishes.

Honestly though, I think its the Black/White Ending that is my personal fav of his.

Quote from: TheDreamingHawk on May 14, 2016, 09:49:02 AMWas Kageyama the one who composed every track in X/Y? If so, I don't think we need him, as I personally found the songs in that game to be really bland and boring, outside of KISEKI (The ending). On the other hand, ORAS's OST was fantastic and a worthy replace of the original, so if he worked on that OST as well, I'm all for him returning since he did a major improvement in that game. Personally I still feel that BW has the best OST in a main series game though so I hope we get some excellent tracks like in that game.
It's kinda funny because Kageyama contributed both a majority of OR/AS tracks (last I remember off-hand anyways)as well as a vast majority of X/Y (including KISEKI. I have to say though that I think there are tons and tons of tracks in X/Y that are better than KISEKI but we'll agree to disagree I suppose) But BW was where I first noticed him and I find that a massive, massive majority of my favorite songs from BW were by him. I'll even go so far as to agree that BW OST in general is better than X/Y (namely also his contributions to each in contrast to each other).
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

DocDoom2

Quote from: Nebbles on May 16, 2016, 04:13:45 PMdat x4 water weakness
Sorry to change the subject, but now that I think about it, isn't it funny that all starter types when paired with ground get a 4x weakness?
Grass-Ground has Ice, Fire-Ground has Water, and Water-Ground has Grass.
Not to mention 2 of them of are Grass and Water as well!
Please note I use Musescore and transfer it into Finale Notepad, so formatting may be messed up and help would be appreciated.

mikey

unmotivated

Altissimo

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on May 18, 2016, 10:41:51 AMground confirmed worst type

I did a monotype challenge in Emerald with just Ground-types once. I had Swampert, Flygon, Golem, Sandslash, Camerupt, and Claydol.
Wallace and Juan were not fun. But I beat them eventually!!

Nebbles

We're getting some new news on June 2nd, apparently.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Dude

Quote from: Nebbles on May 18, 2016, 01:37:56 PMWe're getting some new news on June 2nd, apparently.
I'm glad it isn't old news

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: Nebbles on May 18, 2016, 01:37:56 PMWe're getting some new news on June 2nd, apparently.
Where from?
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Nebbles

Uhh, I don't remember, but I saw it posted on Twitter, Bulbapedia, Serebii. so it's legit.

E. Gadd Industries

I looked into it, and all it said was TPC tweeted that we'd get the news. So idk where to be to receive it when it lands. XD
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Nebbles

Eh I'm sure it'll be all over Twitter, but hey that's only 2 weeks away at least.

Onionleaf

Oh neat, looks like it's coming out right after my birthday. ^^
I was just wondering... are people expecting any particular new features in the game that they have been asking for? I haven't really been keeping up with the Pokémon releases (the most recent game I've played was HeartGold/SoulSilver, ehehe) as the games have felt fairly repetitive to me, so I was curious as to what you all would like to see in this new release?

I think someone already mentioned here that a new Type would be troublesome? I personally think it's possible for a game to evolve in this way, as long as the game developers think it through carefully and balance it out.

Keep us posted on the news. :)

Altissimo

Quote from: Onionleaf on May 18, 2016, 07:24:19 PMI think someone already mentioned here that a new Type would be troublesome? I personally think it's possible for a game to evolve in this way, as long as the game developers think it through carefully and balance it out.

mostly it'd be troublesome because we *just* got fairy

mikey

18 types is already a lot, I have trouble remembering which moves are effective against which then they throw it upside down by adding a new type and changing everything
unmotivated