News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon

Started by Waddle Bro, May 10, 2016, 06:22:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

best tapu?

tapu koko
tapu fini
tapu lele
tapu bulu

mikey

I just feel like some types have too much of an overlap and it makes things super confusing
unmotivated

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Latios212

I was just thinking about stuff, and then I thought...

Who's going to be composing the soundtrack?

Junichi Masuda has only contributed battle themes since Gen 2, Go Ichinose hasn't contributed anything since Gen 5 (:(), and Shota Kageyama who did the bulk of gen 6 music left Game Freak.

Hitomi Sato contributed significantly fewer tracks in XY than in previous gens, and only one in ORAS. I guess that leaves Minako Adachi who contributed a decent amount of tracks to XY and did a lot of remixing for ORAS.

I can't say I've liked the OSTs as much lately (but they're still good!) in part because of the soundfonts (I prefer a "crisper" sound, instruments sound more like they blend into one another in recent games and to some extent the trailer theme, background layers are less audible). But I'm kinda curious about how Sun and Moon music is gonna come out since my favorite composers haven't been anywhere to be seen in ORAS and now even Kageyama isn't here...
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

SlowPokemon

I'm banking and hoping on a Hitomi Sato, Go Ichinose, and Minako Adachi extravaganza. The former two don't need Kageyama to be successful (see B2W2) and Adachi has been doing a lot for the 3DS generation. I always want more Hitomi Sato in my life though, in my opinion she's by far the most interesting Pokémon composer.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Latios212

Aye that would be great! I miss both Ichinose and Sato lately (they're my two favorite) but they've been almost completely absent lately...

Sun/Moon music please come faster haha

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mikey

Quote from: Dudeman on May 11, 2016, 08:08:01 PMOverlap? In what way?
a lot of pokemon look like they could be a lot of different types, which means there's a possibility some types don't need to exist
unmotivated

braix

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on May 11, 2016, 02:59:03 PMbut dark is cool too

you know what's even cooler... ... ... ...? ???

a certain steel/dark type
yall know ice is probably the coolest type
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on May 11, 2016, 08:45:59 PMa lot of pokemon look like they could be a lot of different types, which means there's a possibility some types don't need to exist
i think you're missing the point
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mikey

I was really hoping that article wouldn't be sarcastic
unmotivated

JDMEK5

Quote from: Latios212 on May 11, 2016, 08:13:53 PMShota Kageyama left Game Freak.

...and now even Kageyama isn't here...
:'(

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 11, 2016, 08:39:35 PMI always want more Hitomi Sato in my life though, in my opinion she's by far the most interesting Pokémon composer.
I feel/felt the same way about Kageyama. He literally is my favorite VG composer. It broke my heart to hear he left.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Latios212

Actually upon looking further I'm not sure what him leaving Game Freak is supposed to imply about him composing for Pokémon or not.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Shota_Kageyama

It says he left at the beginning of 2014, but he's credited with like half the ORAS soundtrack and even some Pokkén tracks which came out after. Hmmm...

There's also his Twitter which I can't read but there's Pokémon stuff on it.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeila

It's possible that he wrote those before or right when he left though, especially ORAS since it came out later that year. Then again, there's also this quote from the article you linked (which correlates with your point)

Quote from: BulbapediaHowever, he still maintains good terms with Game Freak, with the open possibility of collaborating with the company in the future.

Here's an article that basically says the same thing, but includes the actual twitter post

InsigTurtle

All I'm seeing on his Twitter account is that he's composed and arranged for, among other things, Pokémon HGSS, BW, XY, ORAS, and "Pokémon Comaster" which I've never heard of before, but it's a mobile game. No mention of composing for SM.

SlowPokemon

I hope he didn't work on Sun and Moon, I'm so sick of his musical style saturating Pokémon.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.