News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon

Started by Waddle Bro, May 10, 2016, 06:22:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

best tapu?

tapu koko
tapu fini
tapu lele
tapu bulu

Dudeman

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on November 28, 2016, 05:11:31 PMHow did you get riolu?  He's in the same spot as lucario right?
I remember running into one by itself at the beginning of the Poni Island postgame area. Accidentally killed it, but I know you can get them there.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

DocDoom2

Just hatched myself a 5 iv Rockruff in 6 eggs from a 4 iv Ditto and 3 iv Rockruff! Unfortunately it's 5th iv is in Sp Atk not Speed and it has Keen Eye...
Please note I use Musescore and transfer it into Finale Notepad, so formatting may be messed up and help would be appreciated.

SlowPokemon

Caught a Mimikyu and bred a few since the one I caught had a lame nature and I'm using it on my team. Thanks to the magic of the GTS, I now have Popplio and Litten--guess people don't want to go to the effort of finding Mimikyu? Either way, it's nice to have that done. I'm only going to use the GTS for those two and the Sun exclusives. By the way, I have a LOT of the rare Pokémon from the game up to where I am since I basically don't leave an area until I've collected all the Pokédex data for it--so if you have Sun exclusives, hit me up! That's including the fossils for Sun.

Current team:
Dartrix "Miles" -- named after Miles Edgeworth
Slowpoke (Slowbro) "Hyacinth" -- named after Hyacinth Hippo, the ballerina hippo from Fantasia
Misdreavus "Mia" -- named after Mia Fey
Salazzle "Slander" -- thought this seemed like a cool play on its name and couldn't think of a better nickname; I'm taking suggestions
Togedemaru "Spiky" -- I just think Spiky is a really cute name and I've never gotten to use it
Mimikyu "Quirk" -- I got the idea for the name because it has a Quirky Nature, but it also fits the Pokémon because it's a very odd little creature

Former teammates:
Muk "Grimy" -- love love LOVE this Pokémon and it's really powerful (not to mention the really awesome type combo or the fact that Poison is my favorite type), but I'm dropping it in favor of Mimikyu now that I have the Pokédex for Muk
Lycanroc (Midnight Form) "Howler" -- come on, it's a WEREWOLF. Dropped this for Togedemaru because it was kind of overpowered and wasn't holding my interest, and Togedemaru fulfills basically the same role as a speedy hard hitter.
Raichu "Jolt" -- it was kind of underwhelming and I just didn't LOVE it. I dropped it for Salazzle at Level 20, but I later grew it up to Level 29 and evolved it while raising a Meowth to evolve for Samson.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nebbles

I hit 100 percent last night, and got the shiny charm.

I've been hatching so many Dhelmise. Help.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

EFitTrainr

Hahahaha, I geddit, it's named after Mia because it's a ghost type and MIA IS DEAD.
I like food.

mikey

I have Sun exclusives and am willing to trade
unmotivated

mikey

alright so I've been reading up on breeding and if I've understood this then:
Giving a destiny knot to one pokemon and a power item to the other means the 6 IVs are fixed?
unmotivated

Nebbles

Destiny knot guarantees 5 IVs from both parents, combined, will pass down to the child. Not sure about the power item.

DocDoom2

I think the power item guarantees that it's corresponding IV will be passed down, then the Destiny Knot will pass down 4 random ones.
I tried that once, but it was a long time ago and I can't remember xD
Please note I use Musescore and transfer it into Finale Notepad, so formatting may be messed up and help would be appreciated.

Dudeman

Destiny Knot passes down 5 random IV's, which means if the other parent is holding a power item, you could only end up passing down 4 if the Destiny Knot grabs the power item's stat. I always prefer an Everstone on the other parent to ensure the right nature. Good luck getting a Destiny Knot this time without getting BP, though. thanks a lot, gamefreak
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Nebbles

Destiny Knot + Everstone are the prime items for breeding, anyway, so you get the good IVs and right nature.

BlackDragonSlayer

Honestly, (non-Pokebank) OU is so annoying right now. Toxapex, Special Defensive Decidueye, Celesteela, and Alolan Marowak are everywhere now that there's no arrow-wielding demon dragon to send them back to the fiery pits of hell where they belong (or for that matter, any Ground-type that can deal with at least three of those at once). It's getting tiring seeing what are pretty much the same teams over and over again with only a little variation.

Corrosion Salazzle is about to come in handy right about now.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

Quote from: Dudeman on November 30, 2016, 09:14:15 AMDestiny Knot passes down 5 random IV's, which means if the other parent is holding a power item, you could only end up passing down 4 if the Destiny Knot grabs the power item's stat. I always prefer an Everstone on the other parent to ensure the right nature. Good luck getting a Destiny Knot this time without getting BP, though. thanks a lot, gamefreak
I already have a destiny knot...
so there's no way to guarantee I start churning out 6 IV pokemon?  I've got a 3 IV dratini now, so I was hoping its stats would always carry down with the destiny knot.  Oh well.
Since slow posted his current team, I guess I'll share the team I've been using to beat the elite four:
Powdered Wig (Butterfree): Butterfree's compoundeyes gives its sleep powder 100% accuracy, so it's super easy to sweep with a quiver dance or two.
Screwed (Magnezone): I dunno, he wasn't that great, but having a steel type really helped coverage.
Arcanine (Arcanine): Sadly, I got this one in a wonder trade, so no nickname for me.  Arcanine was the absolute bomb, pretty much OHKO'ing everything it had coverage on.
NotAWhore (Primarina): This was actually still a Popplio the first time I entered the hall of fame, but I had to let it evolve for the power boost the second time around.  Worth noting this one's a male.  Tryna keep my pokemon off the streets is all.
Solgaleo (Solgaleo): SORRY I DIDN'T NAME IT
Spoiler
NEBBY
[close]
Penumbra (Umbreon): This basically replaced Popplio as my partner pokemon.  It used to be named alti as a pun on altissimo's name, but then it evolved into an umbreon so I switched it.  Man umbreon is the literal best.  I found a leftovers from a munchlax super early into the game, so it was given a leftovers right away.  Also has a careful nature, so he was taking dazzling gleams like a champ.
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

I have 60:00 exactly on this game, 142 in my Pokédex, and I just beat the third island kahuna.

Ugh Haina Desert was the absolute worst place in the game. Pro tip for anyone who hasn't gone there yet: bring ten Max Repels at least.

Best characters so far: Guzma, Guzma, and Guzma (I am all about that battle music).

For real, he's probably my favorite, along with Hau.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

Guzma is just the best no question
unmotivated