News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon

Started by Waddle Bro, May 10, 2016, 06:22:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

best tapu?

tapu koko
tapu fini
tapu lele
tapu bulu

TheDreamingHawk

Quote from: Nitro Indigo on October 30, 2016, 02:26:49 AMI personally predict that you won't be able to catch the Ultra Beasts. Since they're not Pokémon, would Pokéballs even work on them?

They're just fancy names for boss Pokemon. (Like White/Black Kyruem in BW2) You'll pretty much be able to catch them post-game, I can assure you based on trends

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

TheDreamingHawk

Someone on 4Chan got the full version of Moon and is posting pictures of it.

Let the fun games begin

Spoiler

Wasn't given the nickname "Soccer Ball" but good enough IMO
[close]

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

DocDoom2

Eleven days before launch? Dang... This might be as big as the Smash Bros. 3DS leak.
Looks like I'm going into hibernation mode! :P
Please note I use Musescore and transfer it into Finale Notepad, so formatting may be messed up and help would be appreciated.

daj

Anyone set on doing a Sun/Moon LP? ^^ I'll be releasing some sheet videos upon release and it'll be awesome if i could steal your videos we could collaborate on this :)

TheDreamingHawk

No capture device for 3DS and I don't plan to make a memory retrospective on SM so I'm not doing one.

Speaking of which, more spoilers about difficulty/post game

Spoiler
It's a miracle! Evil Team boss is actually super difficult and hits hard with crazy stat boosts. Nuzlockers will cry.

E4 & Champion appear to be on the same level as the BW1 ones... Meaning pretty tough and will require thinking (charging headfirst will lead to death)

Red isn't as strong as he was in HGSS sadly, but makes up for it with perfect EVS/IVs

SOMEONE FROM THE BATTLE FRONTIER RETURNS HELL YES but I don't know what she does
[close]

Seems like they held the best things back for the final game. GF pretty much gave me a lack of excitement throughout the past nine months but it seems that there is more to the game than the dull previews made it out to be. On the verge of buying it new now, but must get confirmation on the sidequests before I jump

EDIT: Spoiler about the battle tree.

Spoiler
Nine trainers. What the hell? This is getting to be borderline disappointing again
[close]

Dekkadeci

May as well warn everyone:
The data miners have already gotten hold of the full game and spilled very nearly all its contents.

Additionally, the 4chan user has released the ROM s/he used. (The data miners must have used a different ROM, as they started leaking before that ROM was released.)

(If anyone else brings up stuff in spoiler tags, I'm happy to discuss the new Pokemon!)

Dude

Nebbles

So, I looked at some spoilers for JUST the nerfs/buffs and oh my god well

Spoiler
LMAO LEECH LIFE IS 80 BP

RIP GENGAR, I KNEW YOU WELL WHEN YOU HAD LEVITATE

FUCKING CORSOLA AND MASQUERAIN GOT BUFFED
[close]
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

BlackDragonSlayer

Moves
100 BP PHYSICAL ICE MOVE. inb4 kyurem-b still doesn't get it

Solar Blade seems pretty cool as well.

Spotlight seems like a great counter to Follow Me as well.

Bug gets some good moves as well, like First Impression (now I'm feeling slightly disappointed with all the abilities that counter priority ah haha) and Pollen Puff (good for doubles/triples).

Power Trip is gr8.

Burn Up is INTERESTING.

Speed Swap will have very interesting effects on the tiers if it's viable; if enough Pokemon get it, it might be the new Trick Room.

Purify is pretty great also... might also be good in singles, if a little gimmicky (I'm thinking of a status-centric team that uses more than one status effect, especially helpful if you're only able to get one layer of Toxic Spikes up).

trop kick best kick
best description ever

Aurora Veil might be good for Hail teams... as long as they have a better Hail setter.

Genesis Supernova is one of the most awesome move names ever. It's interesting how the name suggests only Mew gets to use it, not Mewtwo (though if that were the case, then RIP Ubers).

Nice to see at least that Shell Trap is so powerful.

In general, I'm loving the Z-Move animations so much, especially the starters' moves. They make you feel SO POWERFUL.

Dark Void got a heavy nerf in accuracy. RIP singles Darkrai. We had to lose your best/most frustrating attribute to save doubles. Also, it now "can only be used by Darkrai," which makes the accuracy decrease just rather sad.

Wailord can learn Noble Roar now, apparently.

Flygon gets Dragon Dance now! \o/

"Each Starter gets a Z-Move. Z-Moves also bypass Protect... but deal less damage (roughly 25% of the original). Marshadow, Mew, Pikachu, Snorlax, Alola Raichu, and Eevee also have their own Z-moves. There is also a "Pikashunium Z" in the game, which is used for the Ash-Pikachu (the one with the cap).

Z-Moves benefit non-attacking moves too! Every status move not called Nature Power, Metronome or Assist gain a side-effect when used as a Z-Move. For example, Z-Splash grants +3 Attack, and Z-Destiny Bond redirects all attacks to the user. Z-Celebrate/Happy Hour/Hold Hands/Conversion/Geomancy raise all stats +1 stage, and Z-Nature Power transforms into the respective Z-Move based on terrain (e.g. Energy Ball –> Bloom Doom). Z-Hidden Power always turns into Breakneck Blitz regardless of what type the Hidden power is. Z-Belly Drum restores HP before deducting 50%, allowing it to be used when the user has less than 50% HP."

Snorlax has to know Giga Impact to use its Z-Move... likewise, Eevee's move only works with Last Resort, Raichu's with Thunderbolt, and Mew's with Psychic.
[close]

Story
Only Hau is surprised about the revelation that Lusamine, Lillie, and Gladion are a family. Lusamine describing the ultra beasts as her "sweet beasts" is especially chilling.

Guzma and Lusamine are working together?

Colress reappears?

"Guzma specializes in Bug-types."
[close]

Other
Gengar nerf is AWFUL and WHY EVEN DID THEY DO THAT.

Gale Wings was also nerfed (only works at full HP, IIRC), which is actually pretty nice. Might make Talonflame UU (or lower...), but overall I think it promotes more balance.

legendary beasts now all have inner focus as hidden abilities
they did not need this nerf why

PELIPPER GETS DRIZZLE NOW. TORKOAL GETS DROUGHT. GIGALITH GETS SAND STREAM, BUT LOSES STURDY. VANILLUXE GETS SNOW WARNING!

Beartic gets a new ability called Slush Rush instead of Snow Clock. Is Hail buff actually happening?

"A few Pokémon have an increase in Attack. Arbok's Attack has increased from 85 to 95, while Dugtrio's increased from 80 to 100. Farfetch'd now has 90 Attack instead of 65. Beartic's and Crustle's both increased, from 95 to 105 and 110 to 130 respectively." Beartic's gonna be a beast now (say goodbye to PU, at least?).

"Dodrio, Electrode, and Delcatty have increased Speed stats. Dodrio's is now 110 instead of 100 and Electrode's increased from 140 to 150. Delcatty's Speed was raised from 70 to 90." electrode gotta go fast

"Exeggutor, Ariados, and Corsola have increased Special Defense. Exeggutor's went from 65 to 75, Ariados's from 60 to 70, and Corsola's from 85 to 95. Corsola also has an increase of Defense (from 85 to 95) and HP (from 55 to 65)."

"Noctowl's Special Attack is now 86 instead of 76. Swellow's Special Attack also increased from 50 to 75, and Pelipper's from 85 to 95. Masquerain has an increased Special Attack (from 80 to 100) as well as an increase in Speed (from 60 to 80)." masquerain will be the hero we deserve

"Qwilfish's Defense was raised from 75 to 85.
Mantine now has 85 base HP instead of 65. Lunatone and Solrock both now have 90 HP instead of 70, and Woobat has 65 instead of 55.
Volbeat and Illumise now have 75 Defense and 85 Special Defense, raised from 55 and 75 respectively.
Cryogonal now has 80 HP instead of 70 and 50 Defense instead of 30."

Starters have pretty good hidden abilities.

Alola has a bunch of slow Pokemon ehehehe.

Wishiwashi School Form has 620 BST. However, regular Wishiwashi is incredibly, incredibly weak.

Toxapex is going to be THAT annoying defensive Regenerator 'mon. Though, if you don't use Regenerator, for some reason, its main ability will make Venoshock pretty powerful.

salazze gen 7 heliolisk confirmed
also female-only for some reason
i am disappoint

Passimian seems pretty good as the new Defiant Pokemon to stop Defog, and has less of a glaring weakness than Bisharp... and more speed, too. Receiver seems rad as well, if gimmicky.

Golisopod is a BEAST. I wonder how that ability works, though; it's somewhat concerning given its lack of speed. Does it only work after it's done attacking, or does it happen right away? Because that might be bad. Seems like a better Barbaracle minus Shell Smash, though.

Pyukumuku might be good if it had like 20 most attack, but as it is, it's kind of meh.

Silvally is going to be NOICE.

Minior is disappointing, but probably solid NU material.

Togedemaru actually gets Sturdy!!! Mimikyu is somewhat disappointing as well, but its a total cutie so that's ok.

Anchor being Ghost/Grass is interesting. I'm pretty sure its ability gives it an effective Steel STAB, which is AWESOME. also "steel creeper" pokemon lol

Kommo-o has Overcoat as a Hidden Ability. That's all I need to say. At least it gets Belly Drum...?

The Island Guardians have fair BSTs, and Tapu Lele has pretty nice stats in particular.

Cosmog and its evo are interesting, but completely useless competitively. Do they... evolve into the legendaries!?

Solgaleo's stat spread is LUSCIOUS. Lunala's is ok given its ability/weaknesses, even if they're both just the same numbers swapped around a little. Still disappointed it wasn't Fairy/Dark to compliment/contrast with Solgaleo.

The Ultra Beasts are a little bit of a letdown, for being so hyped. Pheromosa, Xurkitree, Kartana, and Guzzlord are probably the most worthwhile ones. And Buzzwole will probably be ok with the Gale Wings nerf.

Marshadow is a Fighting/Ghost type; it looks like it has some nice moves at its disposal, but its ability isn't exactly the most helpful given its speed.

Alolan Raticate gets Thick Fat, and seems a little more defensive than offensive.

ALOLAN SANDSLASH GETS SLUSH RUSH... and a nice base stat spread refinement. Loses a little SpA, which is useless to it anyway, in exchange for defensive boosts.

Alolan Ninetales gets Snow Warning as well, which is NICE.

Alolan Persian is... a special attacker.

Alolan Golem is Rock/Electric and has the same base stats, and has Magnet Pull, Sturdy, and a new ability called Galvanize (Electric-type Explosion, anybody?).

Alolan Muk gets a hidden ability called POWER OF ALCHEMY, which might lead to some interesting combinations.

Alolan Exeggutor does get Harvest as a Hidden Ability.

Zygarde-Complete has a 216/100/121/91/95/85 base stat spread. That is all.
[close]
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Latios212

It's taking everything I've got not to dig into all of the new tracks and start arranging them
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mikey

unmotivated

Latios212

You pay $5 a year to be able to store 3000 Pokémon in the cloud. You can transfer Pokémon freely between whatever game card you have inserted in your 3DS, and presumably any compatible downloaded version as well. Lots of free Poké Miles, or probably better, BP.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mikey

Specifically in regards to glitch pokemon and rby
unmotivated

Latios212

For glitch Pokémon I'm assuming you're referring to just RBY? Anyway, I don't think compatibility with the VC games has been implemented yet.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Nebbles

It should be implemented in January, I believe.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel