News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon

Started by Waddle Bro, May 10, 2016, 06:22:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

best tapu?

tapu koko
tapu fini
tapu lele
tapu bulu

Maelstrom

cashwarrior1

I was playing the demo and somebody said to come see them in 3 days. Does this mean that there are new events on different days?

mikey

Very much so, yes.  I think there are 3 or 4 daily events left.  Off the top of my head, there's that person, a birthday in 10 or so days, and the ferry will open in a couple weeks
unmotivated

cashwarrior1

The ferry opens like a week before the release.

Maelstrom

This is now a meme?
Spoiler
It's actually pretty cool and a little creepy
[close]

mikey

unmotivated

Dudeman

gonna be honest, that little trailer is adorable and I kind of love it
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Latios212

Quote from: braixen1264 on October 20, 2016, 05:44:32 PMI'M CALLING IT HERE OKAY
I'M ARRANGING THE WILD POKEMON BATTLE THEME kthxbai
And I the trainer battle theme.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

braix

Quote from: Maelstrom on October 21, 2016, 05:36:04 PM
This is now a meme?
Spoiler
It's actually pretty cool and a little creepy
[close]
this is my favorite thing ever
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Dekkadeci

On a different topic (sorry, I lurk too much on Smogon--I suspect the one thing my spare time activities have in common is over-analysis), poor Kommo-o is going to have a difficult time crafting a moveset:

If it uses both Dragon- and Fighting-type moves like its typing suggests, it's Fairy bait.

If it also adds super-effective coverage for Fairies (Steel's fine because Steel/Fairy types can't come in for free on an anti-Fairy coverage move, but Poison is likely preferred because Fighting hits those Steel/Fairies for neutral anyway and Azumarill is neutral to Steel but weak to Poison), Kommo-o can't get through Aegislash.

If it adds super-effective coverage for Aegislash (and Steel/Ghosts), Kommo-o has no room left for boosting moves, U-turn, etc.

Guess Kommo-o is praying that Aegislash will be banished to Ubers again, but if my suspicions that the Ultra Beasts have Genesect-like BSTs are correct, I think Gen 7 OU is going to be so high-powered that stuff like Aegislash, Genesect, and Hoopa-Unbound will be unbanned from OU.

Nitro Indigo

Speaking of Kommo-o, I was just playing the Sun and Moon demo, and it took me ages to figure out how to take the photos.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Dekkadeci on October 22, 2016, 07:02:11 AMOn a different topic (sorry, I lurk too much on Smogon--I suspect the one thing my spare time activities have in common is over-analysis), poor Kommo-o is going to have a difficult time crafting a moveset:

If it uses both Dragon- and Fighting-type moves like its typing suggests, it's Fairy bait.

If it also adds super-effective coverage for Fairies (Steel's fine because Steel/Fairy types can't come in for free on an anti-Fairy coverage move, but Poison is likely preferred because Fighting hits those Steel/Fairies for neutral anyway and Azumarill is neutral to Steel but weak to Poison), Kommo-o can't get through Aegislash.

If it adds super-effective coverage for Aegislash (and Steel/Ghosts), Kommo-o has no room left for boosting moves, U-turn, etc.

Guess Kommo-o is praying that Aegislash will be banished to Ubers again, but if my suspicions that the Ultra Beasts have Genesect-like BSTs are correct, I think Gen 7 OU is going to be so high-powered that stuff like Aegislash, Genesect, and Hoopa-Unbound will be unbanned from OU.
Here's hoping for Hidden Ability Scrappy...?

That being said, a moveset of:
- Close Combat
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
Doesn't seem too bad. Do we know any other moves it gets yet (or was that data removed from the demo)?
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dekkadeci

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on October 22, 2016, 08:31:25 PMHere's hoping for Hidden Ability Scrappy...?

That being said, a moveset of:
- Close Combat
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
Doesn't seem too bad. Do we know any other moves it gets yet (or was that data removed from the demo)?
As far as we can tell, moveset data was replaced with long series of the move Pound.

I'm thinking that replacing Close Combat with a Dragon-type move provides less redundant coverage (especially since the current moveset can't hit Ghosts super-effectively or at least with a STAB with 1.5x the power...and Gengar comes in for free on 2 out of 3 moves).

mikey

Oh yeah there's a drug deal going down in two weeks
unmotivated

Dekkadeci

Just read it up--official Japanese twitter has revealed TCG cards of the starters' final evolutions (so we get Japanese names, but not typings). Would reveals like this have ever occurred if the demo didn't leak all those new Pokemon images?