News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon

Started by Waddle Bro, May 10, 2016, 06:22:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

best tapu?

tapu koko
tapu fini
tapu lele
tapu bulu

Olimar12345

are we really upset over made-up, fictional monsters and ...gender norms?

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: Olimar12345 on October 06, 2016, 03:02:21 AMare we really upset over made-up, fictional monsters and ...gender norms?
Well, really it went: DocDoom2 made a slightly off statement, and everyone else said "Umm... no?".

I can't tell how "upset" they are about it lol.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

cashwarrior1

Brionne's eyes are pink, and I'm thinking that possibly, the male version has blue eyes. I dunno, but it'd be nice to see visual gender differences in starters.

Dekkadeci

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on October 05, 2016, 10:44:19 PMI just had no clue what he's talking about since Brianne is the only starter that actually looks specifically gendered
If he thinks the kitten looks masculine though more power to him
I'm getting Prinplup and Empoleon flashbacks from Generation 4 now...and considering that Empoleon is named after Emperor Napoleon, you'd be very hard-pressed to convince me that Empoleon doesn't look male.

DocDoom2

Well, I didn't really know how to put it but to me at least certain starters look more masculine or feminine than another.
I chose Fennekin in Gen 6 even though it seems more feminine to me, I wasn't saying that it defines what starter you have to choose.
They have Gallade and Gardevoir, a boy could choose Gardevoir but they have both to appeal to both boys and girls.
BTW I never said Dartrix was bad, I just liked Torracat more than it so I decided on Litten. If Rowlett's final evo impresses me I might choose it over Litten.
Again all of this is just personal opinion. I'll shut up now xD

EDIT: To be as specific as I can be: I always thought that certain starters (and all pokemon in general) have a more masculine or feminine look (Or somewhat neutral like magnemite etc.). Certain pokemon are tough and certain pokemon are cute, some pokemon designs are more appealing to boys and some more appealing to girls, I was simply pointing that out in reference to starter pokemon. I'm sorry if you misunderstood me...
Please note I use Musescore and transfer it into Finale Notepad, so formatting may be messed up and help would be appreciated.

TheDreamingHawk

Everyone's pointing out how ugly/weird Poppilo's line looks so far and I'm here in my corner proud to be/use a Male Braixen/Delphox (since a lot of folks out there think its too weird to have a male Braixen!)

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

mikey

Gardevoir actually isn't intended to look feminine, its japanese name is Sirnight, which is a reference to some type of cloak that some kind of knight used to wear
unmotivated

DocDoom2

Wait, that's why it's called Sirnight? I always wondered about that...
Thanks for filling me in!
Please note I use Musescore and transfer it into Finale Notepad, so formatting may be messed up and help would be appreciated.

SlowPokemon

Ohhh maybe that's why it looks like it's wearing a helmet
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

yeah at some point it ended up looking super feminine and they were fine with it
unmotivated

DocDoom2

Then they made Gallade just to troll us I guess

mikey

unmotivated

Dudeman

GameFreak just released Sun/Moon's file size: 3.2 Gigabytes. That's double the size of X/Y and ORAS. AND larger than Smash 3DS. God help us all.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

DocDoom2

Larger than Smash? Dang... Hope the online battles aren't as laggy as Smash's :P

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel