News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon

Started by Waddle Bro, May 10, 2016, 06:22:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

best tapu?

tapu koko
tapu fini
tapu lele
tapu bulu

Bespinben

I am from Gen 1, but I am not from GenWun
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

mikey

ok actually can someone draw me a picture of rhydon in the middle of a sky attack animation
unmotivated

Altissimo

Quote from: Bespinben on June 03, 2016, 11:53:57 AMI am from Gen 1, but I am not from GenWun

of course not, genwunners have never played mystery dungeon

TheDreamingHawk

Quote from: Altissimo on June 03, 2016, 11:40:05 AMIn the post I started out quoting, you seem to indicate that Game Freak can do whatever they need to to sell, and not listen to every vocal minority in the process. In the post I quoted riffing on X/Y, you seem to think Game Freak should not be listening to the vocal Genwunner minority. These are two heavily contrasting and probably incompatible opinions, and both have been made by you in the last two days. Which one do you believe?

Honestly, I agree with both of them, but more focused on my recent one after the new SuMo trailer showed improvements in many other parts of the game. Even if I personally dislike the game in the end, there's bound to be some good qualities that'll make other folks happy. Heck, looking back at ORAS, despite me having a burning hatred for the quality of the game itself, I really do love the remixes and can see why folks consider it the best OST of the main series.

It's also true whether we like it or not that Gamefreak needs to do whatever it can to sell to as many folks as possible, but it also needs to keep a level head and not have that prevent their vision of what the game should be. In other words, if someone at game freak comes up with a cool idea to add to the game, only to push it out of their minds out of fear of a certain minority (and yes, even if its the minority I'm apart of), that shouldn't be how its done, instead they should just have fun and make a game they themselves want to enjoy like the consumers would. It's true that with ANY gaming franchise, you cannot appeal to everybody, and have to find that perfect balance. Really, even if I personally want Gamefreak to just make a fun, challenging experience, they are the ones with the decision making, and they could just make it however they want, even if inside I would hate it, outside as a game reviewer I would at least understand the need to make things accessible so that more people can join in the fun and expand the brand.

Please understand me when I'm saying, I do not hate the Pokemon Franchise. I'm just disappointed with it as of late from a personal standpoint. It's not as easy to talk this subject over text than it is in my video I shared a few pages ago, but it still is an important thing to keep in mind. I too would be happy if the final product created more situations like the first Japanese trailer (With new friendships being made over the game), as that's what the core essence of Pokemon is all about.

So really, TLDR; I just want Gamefreak to shut out EVERYBODY, even myself and make a game that they would find fun to play. That's the sort of idea that made indie games like La-Mulana and Cave Story so good, from the desire of the dev teams to just have a fun time and share the joy with the audience. That's really all that needs to be done in the end, and I do sincerely apologize if I seem to be overly defensive on some things. Even if my general bad issues with paranoia affect my hype of the game, Game Freak is the ones who'll make the final call, and that's really one thing every single minority needs to keep in mind.

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

mikey

I for one would actually enjoy a pokemon game if it pushed more on the adventure aspect and story rather than the core gameplay of "beat the elite 4".  I always enjoy when there are extra areas to explore/dungeon crawl like the Abandoned Ship or Moon Cave or that area in between Rusturf Tunnel or secret bases or that route outside of Victory Road where shaymin is or the Sevii Islands or underwater routes or the routes outside of fortree city or the safari zones or the ruins of alph.  What I don't enjoy is random encounters interrupting said exploration.  And Mt. Moon.  Mt.  Moon sucks too.
unmotivated

cashwarrior1

When I play a pokemon game, I play it for the feel that every pokemon game has; befriending creatures and watching them grow as I do. Each generation/region has its own uniqueness that others think should return because they liked it, but they were a unique introduction to make each game feel unique, not the same but with more. I love several aspects of different pokemon games that make me want to play certain generations for different feels/adventures, but the core of pokemon is making friends (with pokemon or other people) and going on a journey with them.

Dude

i have an idea, we could just post news about s&m and not give any opinions because it's not like game freak is monitoring our site anyway lolol

please get the tree branches out of your asses

mikey

but they need to make it more like zelda
unmotivated

Dude

mikey

really though I don't see a problem with exchanging opinions about what we hope to see in S+M
perhaps you have one, perhaps you don't, if you do we'd enjoy hearing it though
unmotivated

cashwarrior1

Quote from: Dude on June 03, 2016, 01:31:51 PMi have an idea, we could just post news about s&m and not give any opinions because it's not like game freak is monitoring our site anyway lolol

please get the tree branches out of your asses
Welcome to the internet  ;)

Dude

I mean if they're productive, then yeah, that's cool. But bitching about why the gengar doesn't look "real" enough doesn't help.

mikey

yeah, I guess it's a bit unrealistic for someone to hope they'd switch to a new engine when A) the first one works well and B) they're still on 3DS, but that's not all anybody ever said
unmotivated

Dude

Pretty sure saying "they're just using rehashed models and not doing anything new" is bitching about not real enough graphics.

TheDreamingHawk

Quote from: Dude on June 03, 2016, 01:43:57 PMPretty sure saying "they're just using rehashed models and not doing anything new" is bitching about not real enough graphics.

That's... Not what I meant at all. I could care less if the Pokemon were realistic. Heck, that's the last thing I'd want to happen to them. I was just hoping for a few more animations or at least a different pose, nothing more, nothing less. Just a personal opinion which every person on the website is allowed to have. I was simply pointing out that while Gen IV-Gen V didn't have to change the sprites due to being on the same hardware, yet they did and even added full animations to them, which in turn helped the games feel fresh, while what we've seen so far of Gen VII, the older pokemon being essentially unchanged in terms of their animations and poses is slightly disappointing in comparison. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'm also not the only one pointing this out as well. Folks on Pokemon's Twitter, Facebook and Youtube comment sections are scratching their heads and theorizing what this means. Heck, some folks even took it as a confirmation that Pokemon Amie would return (Which while I wouldn't get how that would be... Having Articuno in that mode again would be fine with me.) It's literally the most minor of all the complaints i've had so far so if that classifies as bitching, I'd love to hear your word for the folks grumpy about this not being "Pokemon DX with seven regions HD graphics and a gazillion gym leaders"

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming