News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon

Started by Waddle Bro, May 10, 2016, 06:22:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

best tapu?

tapu koko
tapu fini
tapu lele
tapu bulu

cashwarrior1

Quote from: TheDreamingHawk on June 02, 2016, 04:25:11 PMOverworld footage: Since they showed off a lot more, I'm a bit happy that it seems to give me some Bravely Default/Second vibes. Doesn't seem like there's tall grass this time around, either. Maybe the battles will be engaged akin to Chrono Trigger? (As in every Wild Pokemon is on the map and you run into it to start the battle)
If you take a closer look at the first few shots of the overworld, there is definitely tall grass there, it just looks WAY different from X/Y and ORAS.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: TheDreamingHawk on June 02, 2016, 04:25:11 PMJirachi
>_<

For some reason, in my earlier post, I thought that Bronzor/Bronzong were the only Steel/Psychic types. Yup. Not one of my best days.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Altissimo

Dudeman

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on June 02, 2016, 07:26:31 PM>_<

For some reason, in my earlier post, I thought that Bronzor/Bronzong were the only Steel/Psychic types. Yup. Not one of my best days.
Huh, I thought the Metagross line was the only Steel/Psychic family. Looks like we've all got our favorites.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Nebbles

Well, the Bronzor line is kinda forgettable.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

TheDreamingHawk

Quote from: Nebbles on June 02, 2016, 04:48:46 PMAgree with Dudeman and Alti. Stop asking for too much. You're setting yourself up to be disappointed.

So asking for things to make Gen VII look and feel like anything different than Gen VI is asking too much? When did that happen? I just gave my honest POSITIVE feedback on the new Pokedex and overworked yet you think me hoping for a bit of a touch up in the battle system is too much, when believe it or not folks on the Pokemon Social Media feeds are pointing out the same concern I have with reused models. I mean, yes, 3D Models are more difficult to make, but they could at the very least give them an extra animation or something to add onto them. It just seems like in terms of battle visual upgrades it seems akin to BW1 to BW2, rather than the usual new generation even though other things like the overworld and pokedex have gotten visual upgrades that would be expected.

You want to bash folks for unrealistic opinions, go towards those who're fuming that this isn't the Pokemon MMO they've been asking about for so many years, or that this game is unlikely to have all seven regions crammed into one game, or the usual complaints about it not being a console game. Those are unrealistic. Hoping for the game to feel fresh isn't, and I'll stand by that until the very end, which is why i'll be awaiting the Treehouse E3 to see it in action more.

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

Dude

BlackDragonSlayer

I remember Bronzong mostly because I had one on my team for a time in Gen 4, and because it pops up a lot in Random Battles (and it's usually pretty helpful with Gyro Ball).

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SlowPokemon

Game developers don't owe us anything tho

Like I'm way more interested in what game freak's own creative or artistic visions are than a game just appealing to fans
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 03, 2016, 11:20:01 AMGame developers don't owe us anything tho
To be fair, though, if they don't make a game that appeals to people, people probably won't buy the game (of course, this probably doesn't apply as much to something like Pokemon, just with games in general).

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

TheDreamingHawk

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on June 03, 2016, 11:24:00 AMTo be fair, though, if they don't make a game that appeals to people, people probably won't buy the game (of course, this probably doesn't apply as much to something like Pokemon, just with games in general).

This is 100% true IMO.

Do we need GF to listen to every vocal minority on the planet? No, then we'd end up with more shovelware like CoMaster (which according to importers like Serebii and others is a unfair game with cheap difficulty designed to sell micro transactions) or a poorly made Pokemon MMO. Heck, as I mentioned earlier a bit of X/Y was influenced by the loud Genwunner fanbase from the Gen V era in an attempt to win them back, (and it did work, I saw more older players play the games again during Gen VI than I did when playing Gen V) though thankfully at least they managed to make a moderately engaging story with Team Flare and AZ. That's sorta why they ended up doing things in recent years designed to target certain groups of people, as it helps the franchise sell in the end.

Gen V: Tired of the same old stuff? Here's a chance to have things feel new and mysterious all over again.

Gen VI: Loved the feeling from the original games? Try our new games to get some of that old spirit back.

Gen VII: Want more exploration in your Pokemon Games to feel like an adventure? You got it!

And so on. It's pretty much a thing they HAVE to do to keep the franchise alive, especially since in Japan Yokai Watch is slowly trying to catch up to the franchise and I feel that's making GF go into overdrive mode.

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

mikey

Quote from: Dudeman on June 03, 2016, 10:33:32 AMHuh, I thought the Metagross line was the only Steel/Psychic family. Looks like we've all got our favorites.
I couldn't think of any
unmotivated

Altissimo

Quote from: TheDreamingHawk on June 03, 2016, 11:32:55 AMDo we need GF to listen to every vocal minority on the planet? No

This goes two ways, though. I've seen you mention a lot that you hate the fact that X/Y targeted genwunners a bit more. Now, I hate genwunners as much as the next guy, but like, I've seen you point out how much you dislike this fact and think they shouldn't have gone that route for X/Y. Problem is... "GF does not need to listen to every vocal minority on the planet", and this includes you. Genwunner-focused X/Y are what sold, and you can hate it as much as you want, but really when you say things like

Quotebut the loud folks who refused to let go of their charizards somehow convinced Gamefreak to ignore the ones who wanted to see the series grow, and instead listen to the group of folks by stuffing X/Y with Gen 1 throwbacks that made no sense plotwise.

then it makes it sound like you expect Game Freak to listen to your vocal minority. Why do your opinions take precedence?

Especially considering in this post, you seem to agree that Game Freak should change it up.

QuoteThat's sorta why they ended up doing things in recent years designed to target certain groups of people, as it helps the franchise sell in the end.

[...]

And so on. It's pretty much a thing they HAVE to do to keep the franchise alive

In the post I started out quoting, you seem to indicate that Game Freak can do whatever they need to to sell, and not listen to every vocal minority in the process. In the post I quoted riffing on X/Y, you seem to think Game Freak should not be listening to the vocal Genwunner minority. These are two heavily contrasting and probably incompatible opinions, and both have been made by you in the last two days. Which one do you believe?

mikey

I guess I'm a genwunner if the only reason I want moon is to import my pokemon from blue via pokemon bank

SKY ATTACK RHYDONS GUISE
unmotivated

Altissimo

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on June 03, 2016, 11:41:47 AMI guess I'm a genwunner if the only reason I want moon is to import my pokemon from blue via pokemon bank

SKY ATTACK RHYDONS GUISE

Same but that's the only reason I want blue is so I can get sky attack rhydons