News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon

Started by Waddle Bro, May 10, 2016, 06:22:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

best tapu?

tapu koko
tapu fini
tapu lele
tapu bulu

mikey

why didn't you gts any of them
the reward is 4000 FC for the mission right now
unmotivated

DocDoom2

I'm planning on breeding a bit more, so I'll trade some of the breedjects I get and other random Pokemon that I don't need for the global mission.
Please note I use Musescore and transfer it into Finale Notepad, so formatting may be messed up and help would be appreciated.

BlackDragonSlayer

I remember someone (Noc? Or am I messing up members/forums?) saying that the Exeggutor Island cutscene was their least favorite, but honestly, it's my favorite so far, and pretty much the only cutscene not chock-full of "Character enters scene, makes some gesture that they've arrived, intermittently does some zany facial expressions, then finally starts talking." Sure, the whole area could have just been another part of the main Poni Island area, but that scene in general really makes you care about more the characters.

Also Nanu in general is great, and in a similar fashion, Mina was amazing in her one scene. :P I stopped right after the final trial (Alolan Ninetales lol), but I'm probably going to take time to get a Scyther/Scizor before I finish up (my Raichu is sad trash, unfortunately). Finally, the Zygarde Cells are driving me nuts. I've been collecting a steady stream of them, but without using a guide, I feel like this is going to go on forever. Eep.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

That cutscene just lasted longer than any other part of the game except for the wishiwashi, lurantis, and mimikyu battles.
To make the cell collection worse, some of them only appear at night or day, so you'll have to go back at random locations 12 hours later (the cores, however, are all located inside the houses of relevant characters, so thank goodness for that)
unmotivated

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mikey

unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 07, 2017, 11:31:33 PMThat cutscene just lasted longer than any other part of the game except for the wishiwashi, lurantis, and mimikyu battles.
Really? In terms of cutscenes, even, it's nowhere near the longest, or most boring to sit through, for that matter. Unless you're referring to the entire scene that takes place on Exeggutor Island (from the time you arrive to the time you leave), in which case, it's still probably not the longest. :P To be honest, though, I really think that Exeggutor you fight should've been a Totem Pokemon... after all, it was mentioned that it used to be a trial site!

Quote from: braixen1264 on February 08, 2017, 10:01:10 AMI caught Lunala in a Moon Ball
I really wanted to catch a Beldum in a Heavy Ball until I found out you only get ONE. That's seriously cheap. WHY EVEN INCLUDE THEM. And, yeah, I'm not doing that because it would take ages to get the right nature.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Double post because I beat the game.

I made a pretty bad mistake toward the end of the game, resulting partly from my own laziness. Right before I went to fight Lusamine, I ditched my Raichu in exchange for a Beldum, and I didn't really go out of my way to train it before the Elite Four. So, instead of having a shoddy Raichu, I had a useless Metang. I almost lost on Kukui because I was careless with my team (and was NOT prepared for his Flare Blitz-spamming Incineroar), and the final matchup, Gem vs. Snorlax, ended up being super close (because of Pokemon Refresh stuff, it missed a Crunch that probably would have KO'd me).

Other than that, though, the Elite Four was pretty easy, yet still enjoyable. Capturing Solgaleo also had a lot of funny moments especially because I was determined to get a good nature (settled for Jolly in the end), including a few times of flinch haxing Solgaleo with Bite until I could capture it, getting Pokemon Refresh hax and avoiding all its attacks (and some combinations of the two previous options), actually PP stalling (and fainting) Solgaleo because for some reason it was determined to not get caught, and one time, throwing a Pokeball right off the bat and GETTING A CRITICAL CAPTURE.

The whole ending scene was pretty good, if a bit lengthy, and somewhat made up for other issues I had with the game. In the end, it made it feel like everything was worth it.

Final Team:
-Gem the Decidueye ♀ Level 64
-Parker the Crobat ♂ Level 63
-Murph the Pelipper ♀ Level 58
-Vuma the Ninetales ♀ Level 58
-Paco the Passimian ♂ Level 56
-Armos the Metang - Level 42

Team Write-Ups, From Best to Worst:
Number 1
Parker the Crobat ♂
Final Level: 63
Name Origin: One of the RAs of a nearby dorm is named Parker. He's a cool guy.

Duuuuuude, Crobat with Acrobatics is boss. From Mallow's trial onward, Parker was a beast, and further justifies my love of Crobat. Later on in the game, he was not only the top pick against Guzma (pretty much 1-shotting all his Pokemon), but also singlehandedly took out Lusamine the first time, readily handled Clefable, Lilligant and Mismagius the second time, completely swept Hala in the Elite Four, and finished the battle with Kahili. Definitely the MVP of my team.
[close]
Number 2
Gem the Decidueye ♀
Final Level: 64
Name Origin: There's a Druid character from Heroes of Might and Magic named Gem. She's associated with an archer named Gelu.

My trusty, hard-hitting, perpetual Z-Crystal holder, always-overleveled starter. Ah, good times. It's hard to think of a situation Gem didn't handle. Well, maybe Kiawe's trial. And stuff Parker did. And stuff I allowed Murph, Paco, or Vuma to take care of instead. :P To be fair, even overleveled, a non-competitive Decidueye begins to show its weaknesses late into the game: Against multiple strong opponents in a row, its bulk just isn't good enough, especially with Synthesis's low PP. Though she got past Olivia in the Elite Four unfazed, she had to be revived against Acerola (even though Vuma ended up finishing up instead) and Kukui, and used up two Leppa Berries before Kukui (PP was a mild issue as well, I might add). Also handled Lusamine's Milotic well, and completely (and laughably) walled Bewear. Co-MVP.
[close]
Number 3
Murph the Pelipper ♀
Final Level: 58
Name Origin: Like Agriculture the Aerodactyl in Y, probably some in-joke from an earlier generation.

She happened by chance. But it was legendary. Occupying the slot that was going to be held by Ash-Greninja, I instead chose to use Murph when I found out her ability as a Wingull was HYDRATION. Boy, was that lucky. I held back using her much early in the game because of a lack of bulk, and the quite-overleveled state of Gem and eventually Parker, but when I started really using Murph, I did not regret it. Drizzle-backed, Mystic Water-powered STAB Scalds are not something to laugh at. Her finest moments include carving through both Aether Paradise and Vast Poni Canyon, and being a great assist against Kahili (fought back against fellow physical tank Skarmory when I knew Parker couldn't do anything, then Mandibuzz) and Kukui, and also being a BRO with her fabulous U-Turning ability. Simply spectacular.
[close]
Number 4
Vuma the Ninetales ♀
Final Level: 58
Name Origin: Derived from "Zuma," as in the beach, and "Vulpix."

When I went into the game, I really wanted a Sandslash to finish up my team. Unfortunately, I picked the version that didn't have Sandshrew. Vulpix/Ninetales was actually a surprisingly good substitute, though! Even before she got Ice Beam (right before the Elite Four, which was pretty cool), having dual STABs of Dazzling Gleam and Aurora Beam was nice. Though she was only meant to be a temporary member of the team, she became Malibu's replacement.
[close]
Number 5
Paco the Passimian ♂
Final Level: 56
Name Origins: idk paco just sounds cool

Paco the Modest Passimian. Yeah, that was pretty bad luck. Other than that, though, Paco did his job, and did it fairly well. His two main issues were that he could've been a little faster, and that Brick Break wasn't always strong enough coming off such a low attack. That latter one got replaced by "Close Combat doesn't have enough PP" late into the game. Always my go-to-guy against Steel types, so that's a plus.
[close]
Number 6
Armos the Metang -
Final Level: 42
Name Origins: Armos from the Legend of Zelda.

Yes, I'm putting the "useless Metang" above the "shoddy Raichu," because I know Metagross is going to be a great Pokemon for my team. It's done its duty as being a Revive buffer so far, at least.
[close]
Number 7
Malibu the Raichu ♂
Final Level: 52
Name Origins: Malibu, as in the place in California.

Took forever to evolve from a Pichu, was pretty useless as a Pikachu, and still pretty useless as a Raichu. An ok Volt Switch user, but all in all, useless enough to be the only member to get KICKED OFF of my team. Malibu the Raichu, you are sad trash, and that's a fact.
[close]

Well, now what? Battle Tree? Ultra Beasts? Catch the Tapus? The world may never know.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Jub3r7

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on February 11, 2017, 03:51:48 PMBattle Tree? Ultra Beasts? Catch the Tapus? The world may never know.
I've already done the ultra beasts and tapus, but I have yet to fight Guzma or done the e4 again in order to defend the league title. I've heard you get some interesting opponents there.

Oh yeah, maybe I'll do that after I find the last few Zygarde cells... ugh....
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

BlackDragonSlayer

I started the Ultra Beast missions, but I'm more hyped for the fact that I got a three-star Rare Kitchen after being stuck with a one-star one for so long.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

IT'S AN ACCOMPLISHMENT, OK NOC!?!? I just have really bad luck, apparently.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Jub3r7

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on February 16, 2017, 04:04:02 PMIT'S AN ACCOMPLISHMENT, OK NOC!?!? I just have really bad luck, apparently.
There is a way to soft reset for the booths in your plaza, or alternatively you can go to the subreddit to trade for more specific ones.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

mikey

-pokemon above level 100 are automatically set to level 100.  As a result, I have been mass producing jolly level 100 aerodactyls.  Lemme know if you're interested.
-mewtwo has to be leveled down to 100 for some reason.
-easy IV dittos lol
-STILL haven't done anything with hybrid pokemon, I'm lazy.
-Ditto has a flag in place that's at least above level 7.
-should I spend dozens of hours finding the exact circumstances to make pokemon pass through transporter?
unmotivated