News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon

Started by Waddle Bro, May 10, 2016, 06:22:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

best tapu?

tapu koko
tapu fini
tapu lele
tapu bulu

mikey

remember these are 11 year old kids.  Assuming that
Spoiler
any stressors to cosmog is technically causing it physical pain
[close]
seems like a rash assumption to make.  Like, I have no doubt that all their processes adhered to the scientific method and was generally humane in practice. 
Spoiler
as far as IRL custody kidnappings, those can only happen when the mother doesn't have legal custody of the child.  Again, this was literally just an overblown family argument where the kids ran away from home.  Since apparently there's no CPS in the pokemon world, kids just kinda go out and become pokemon trainers (or bums living with shirtless professors, depending on how defenseless you are).
[close]
I'm not necessarily defending anyone's actions, just that strictly calling them morally wrong is a bit of a stretch.
unmotivated

DocDoom2

I liked the story, the only place where I think it tripped up is:
Spoiler
How Lusamine is suddenly good after being separated from Nihilego.
[close]
Maybe I missed something, but overall I really enjoyed the characters.
The only exception was Hau who felt a little generic to me, but he was still a cool character.
Please note I use Musescore and transfer it into Finale Notepad, so formatting may be messed up and help would be appreciated.

Dekkadeci

Quote from: DocDoom2 on December 13, 2016, 08:30:44 AMI liked the story, the only place where I think it tripped up is:
Spoiler
How Lusamine is suddenly good after being separated from Nihilego.
[close]

My response to the spoiler:
Spoiler
When I last read the script, I don't remember finding any lines from Lusamine after she separated from that Nihilego and passed out. Put it this way: she's in a bad enough state that Gladion, her son and a known Type: Null thief and defector to Team Skull, is the new Aether Foundation president.
[close]

Dudeman

Quote from: Dekkadeci on December 13, 2016, 08:50:51 PM
Spoiler
she's in a bad enough state that Gladion, her son and a known Type: Null thief and defector to Team Skull, is the new Aether Foundation president.
[close]
wow that's like four people

#OxfordCommaMasterRace
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

oh you didn't even play the game
DISCREDIT YOU
unmotivated

Dekkadeci

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on December 13, 2016, 09:00:09 PMoh you didn't even play the game
DISCREDIT YOU
The closest I'm going to get to playing any of this generation's games is playing on Pokemon Showdown. Great, now I've got to stop coming up with teams and playing there...

DocDoom2

Yay! Shiny Mudbray in about 100 S.O.S.'s!
My second Shiny in Sun!
Please note I use Musescore and transfer it into Finale Notepad, so formatting may be messed up and help would be appreciated.

Nebbles

Congrats! :) I hatched a shiny Rowlet earlier today too.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

braix

I gave Torracat an everstone.

EDIT: Nvm I need it to evolve for the Pokedex
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

DocDoom2

Quote from: Nebbles on December 15, 2016, 08:54:43 PMCongrats! :) I hatched a shiny Rowlet earlier today too.
Thanks! Congrats to you too! I need to get started on getting shiny starters myself.
Got a shiny Ledyba and Rattata! My shiny luck is actually good for a change!

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 16, 2016, 12:47:22 PMI gave Torracat an everstone.

EDIT: Nvm I need it to evolve for the Pokedex
You could breed it and then evolve the Litten if you want to keep Torracat.
Before I saw Incineroar's stats I liked Torracat more, but it in the end it got beat out beccause I love tank/tankish pokemon for some reason...

braix

I just finished the game
Disclaimer: I really don't know what I'm talking about, just going off of feeling. I suck at videogames.

Characters: 9.8/10
I actually genuinely love the characters for once. Team Skull is hilarious, which I totally didn't expect. Hau could have been better, but Lillie and Gladion more than make up for that. I felt really connected to the story for the first time in a very long while. Omega gud job

Mechanics and Side Stuff:7.5/10
I'm bad at videogames so if I didn't grind my Pokémon past lv60 I probably would've found it impossible to defeat the Elite 4 and Kukui. I like the ride pager, pretty nice way to get rid of HM slaves. Pikyumuku chucking, battle buffet, shopping for clothes, hair customization, etc were really pretty cool. Nothing really new and outstanding here, but it's nice. Side quests are fun too, like those trainers that battle you after you defeat every other one on the route. Poke Pelago felt a bit useless to me, but I'm just bad at using it I think. I did like Join Avenue better than Festival Plaza, though. I think the communication features could have been a lot nicer, and it wasn't really what I wanted. I don't know if I'm in love with the whole island trial thing, and the elite four idea seems to just come out of nowhere. No Victory Road was a little disappointing, honestly. The road to the elite four was a tad bit underwhelming for me, but the final stretch looked really cool with all the snow and whatnot. I don't like how MC is always smiling in the cutscenes; it freaks me out.

Music: 9/10
When I listened to some of these tracks for the first time, I hated them. Some of those being Konikoni City(Night), Pokémon Center, and the Team Skull themes. Eventually though, the music really grew on me. I love all the encounter music especially. Also Lusamine's battle theme is A+. They did a nice job setting the mood through the music imo.

Story: 0/10
Fuck you GameFreak, Lillie didn't have to go ;_;

Overall: 0/10
I'm actually so upset that Lillie left, you have no idea
[close]
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

daj

Haha I was going to try to finish the game, buuuuut the League is actually quite tough. Guess I'll need to grind and wait for next week. And maybe use Solgaleo. sigh.

Braix i'll open your spoiler next weekend when I do finish the game haha. And um, I'll do that clueless impressions thing soon ^^

I really hope I get to see more Lillie though. Grown to love her as a character so much <3

SlowPokemon

Rip why does everyone hate my son Hau

Also Poké Pelago is the best new feature idk what you're talking about
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Dudeman

Quote from: SlowPokemon on December 18, 2016, 09:15:04 AMAlso Poké Pelago is the best new feature idk what you're talking about
Seconded, never before could you EV train in your sleep
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

SlowPokemon

Currently looking for someone to trade me a Scizor, Slowking, or Weavile if they have it. I used my King's Rock on Politoed and don't want to have to grind for hours at the Battle Tree to get the others' items. ALSO Honchkrow if you have it would be awesome because I only have one more Dusk Stone and wanted to train a Honchkrow competitively. Solgaleo is another one I'm missing, but I'm guessing I can trade one of my Lunala for it when I get the other one so it's not necessary.

Obviously I'll trade any of these right back, I'm just literally seven away from completing my Pokédex and need the data.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.