News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Quote of the Day

Started by shadowhunter301, April 30, 2016, 10:42:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

shadowhunter301

May 21st, 2016
"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
-Stephen Hawking

Pretty simple, but with lots of truth. Life progressively gets harder as you move on from your childhood, to teenager to adults years, but no matter where you are in life (a crippling debt, all F's on your report card, loss of a loved one, etc), there are still those light spots in life.

mikey

hawking didn't say it his computer did
unmotivated

JDMEK5

Ouch.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

E. Gadd Industries

"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

shadowhunter301

May 22, 2016
"The two most powerful warriors are patience and time."
-Leo Tolstoy

This quote is highly disputable. I agree that patience is one of them, but I don't really think time is on anyone's side. What I think of time is just our friend or enemy in some situations. You can't control time and time will go on no matter what you do. Time is indeed powerful with the fact that it is eternal and you must be patient in order to see the fruits of your life....

E. Gadd Industries

Both of which I don't have the most of. I have more patience than time. XD
But my, they are highly powerful!
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

braix

I think what's more important than time is the ability to do what you need to do in the time you're given. So in the right hands, time can be very powerful.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

shadowhunter301

May 23, 2016
"There is no substitute for hard work."
-Thomas A. Edison

Amen. There is nothing that can replace hard work. Like there are no short cuts in life, there is no easy way out through hard work.

Bloop

i think stealing other people's inventions is a great substitute for hard work

braix

i see fire
blood in the breeze
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

shadowhunter301

May 24, 2016

That is true. Sometimes the night holds way more surprises and is way more alive than anything the day can bring. Fireworks in the fourth of July, St. Elmo's fire, lightning, etc.

Bloop

Light at night looks way better than light at day. It's also why most concerts in the evening/night look better than concerts at day

Dudeman

One of the things on my bucket list (which I don't actually have written down) is going out into the desert, or somewhere pretty far out from civilization, and seeing the night sky free of light pollution. I can only imagine how pretty it'll be.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: Dudeman on May 24, 2016, 10:51:45 PMOne of the things on my bucket list (which I don't actually have written down) is going out into the desert, or somewhere pretty far out from civilization, and seeing the night sky free of light pollution. I can only imagine how pretty it'll be.
One night back in the 1980s, 90s(?) there was a blackout in Los Angeles I do believe. People started freaking out and calling the police, claiming they were seeing strange lights in the sky. What they didn't realize is that they were seeing the Milky Way in the night sky. Also, there's a place in Georgia where people go just for that; white light is prohibited.

St. Elmo's Fire is amazing. XDXD

EDIT: You got your quote from Brainyquote? Brainy, is there something you aren't telling us?
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]