Console: Nintendo Wii
Title: Merlee's Mansion
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Bloop

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bloop

Sebastian

Yo. More SPM! Love the challenge.

- In M. 1, just put one mf marking in the center instead of having one on top and bottom.

- M. 3. Again, the dynamic marking should go in the center.

- M. 6 (left hand). The E is played on beat 1.5, not 2.0. There are also some wrong notes. Here is the correct measure.
Spoiler
[close]

- A couple wrong notes in M. 8. Correct notes:
Spoiler
[close]

- Man, is this bass weird xD. M. 10 is tricky to hear, but I believe this is correct:
Spoiler
[close]

- M. 11. You can go ahead and put the piano dynamic in the middle.

- M. 11 & 12. You are missing the second voice in the right hand. It's well hidden in there, but it is there. Also, the last note (left hand) in M. 12 is a C. Same with M. 13 & 14. Also, bring the dynamic down a little bit in M. 14 and get rid of the double marking below the staff.
Spoiler
[close]

- M. 15. One dynamic in the center will suffice.

- M. 15 - 22. Adding that other voice would be sweet.
Spoiler
[close]

Well, I gotta sleep xD
I'll take a look at the rest tomorrow.

Sebastian

Ok.
Here is the rest.
- M. 23-26 (left hand). This section is correct according to the original, but sounds just.....bad. I guess it is fine how it is, but I'd like you to consider using the bass part in the original instead. Both would be correct.

- Maybe add a crescendo half way through M. 26.

- You can easily get it on to 2 pages. Change the page size to 90%, make the measure distribution 4-3-3-3-4-4-3-3-4 (if someone has a better distribution, feel free to post it), and move the copyright info down a bit.

I think that's it!
Awesome work with this piece. Can't wait to see more Super Paper Mario music ;)

Bloop

Quote from: Sebastian on May 16, 2016, 07:22:35 PM- In M. 1,

- M. 3.

- M. 6 (left hand)

- A couple wrong notes in M. 8.
All fixed!

Quote from: Sebastian on May 16, 2016, 07:22:35 PM- Man, is this bass weird xD. M. 10 is tricky to hear, but I believe this is correct:
Spoiler
[close]
I kinda disagree, but yeah, it's tricky to hear. I think I'll keep the B-C, but I'll change the B after that to an E.

Quote from: Sebastian on May 16, 2016, 07:22:35 PM- M. 11.
- M. 11 & 12.

- M. 15.

- M. 15 - 22.
All fixed!

Quote from: Sebastian on May 17, 2016, 10:14:21 AM- M. 23-26 (left hand). This section is correct according to the original, but sounds just.....bad. I guess it is fine how it is, but I'd like you to consider using the bass part in the original instead. Both would be correct.
I know it sounds weird, the reason I transcribed this instead of the bass is because I can't hear clearly what the bass is playing. Unless someone can find out, I think I'll stick to this.

Quote from: Sebastian on May 17, 2016, 10:14:21 AM- M. 26.

- You can easily get it on to 2 pages.
All done! (distribution became 4-3-3-3-4-4-5-3-3, but whatever)

Sebastian

Quote from: Bloop on May 17, 2016, 11:22:02 AMI kinda disagree, but yeah, it's tricky to hear. I think I'll keep the B-C, but I'll change the B after that to an E.
That sounds good.

Quote from: Bloop on May 17, 2016, 11:22:02 AMI know it sounds weird, the reason I transcribed this instead of the bass is because I can't hear clearly what the bass is playing. Unless someone can find out, I think I'll stick to this.
That's what I thought. I don't think I could be able to hear the bass either. I think it's cool as it is.

Sebastian

Uh, something went wonky with the formatting. The second page is 90% page size and the first page is 100%. You might want to update that. Also, get rid of some more of the white space at the bottom of page one. This will give more room to the arranger/composer names which are cramped at the top right now.

Bloop

Hm. Weird. Fixed though!

EDIT: wait no wrong sheet lemme fix that
EDIT2: now fixed

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Bespinben.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot