Title: Sinister Sundown
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Pianist Da Sootopolis

[attachment deleted by admin]

Pianist Da Sootopolis

what is shitpost

Tobbeh99

Nice Arrangement!

One thing: Measure 29 looks a bit confusing. I'd write it a bit differently to make it clearer and easier to read:

Either like this:
Spoiler
[close]

Or like this:
Spoiler
[close]
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Pianist Da Sootopolis

what is shitpost

Latios212

Page 2:
- Remember, top layer's stems gotta point up.
- Stay consistent with 4-measure systems.

Also fill in the copyright info.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Fixed! Although I don't know what you mean with the 4 measure systems, it was (to my knowledge) always consistent..
what is shitpost

The Deku Trombonist

In measure 21, molto what?

Measure 29 still needs some visual adjustments to the ties for readability.

The top layer ties in the RH of measure 27 need to be flipped.

Why haven't you used a dotted quarter note on beat one in measure 30 like you have in measure 29? Consistency.

Why have you crammed 6 systems on the first page and then only have 3 on the next page (which are also sitting up the top)? If you're going to use two pages, use two pages.

Sebastian

Excellent job with this piece, PDS!

Just a few things I noticed:
Quote from: Deku Trombonist on May 31, 2016, 06:07:14 PMIn measure 21, molto what?
I believe PDS was meaning more staccato? I honestly don't know. Like you did with M. 1 (staccato) & 5 (simile), you should probably do with M. 17 (staccato) & 20 (simile, instead of molto). Of course, this is just a suggestion and totally up to you. : )

- Your missing the harmony part in M. 3, 4, 7, 8, 19, 20, 23, & 24. (the legato part). You also have 1 or 2 too many notes in there. Correct way:
Spoiler
[close]

- The BPM is not correct (according to the Youtube link that you shared.) It is actually QN = 156
Spoiler
[close]
- The last eighth note in M. 4 (left hand) is a C.

- As Deku pointed out, you seem to have the first page somewhat cramped. You could have 4 systems on page 2 and 5 systems on page 1. This would give some more breathing room. Feel free to give some more room in between systems as well.

- The left hand in M. 29 & 30 is the same as in M. 25 & 26.

- I'm curious. Why did you use an 8vb for the C and Gs in M. 27, 28, 31, & 32 (left hand)? They are in the same octave as the left hand notes in M. 25 & 26.

- The right hand is slightly off from M. 25-28. It's hard to hear, but there is a chord in there and some harmony notes like this. There is also the option of using half notes instead of quarter notes. The quarter notes are almost too long.:
Spoiler
[close]
- Also, you can use the tie tool to flip the ties the correct way. Flipping the stems won't help.

- M. 29 (right hand). Instead of using all those ties, you could just use a pedal marking. In my opinion, that would be infinitely easier. Kinda like this (also some notes are incorrect in this measure). You could keep the ties, just a suggestion:
Spoiler
[close]

- There is also a few wrong/missing notes in M. 30-32.
Spoiler
[close]

- You're missing a note in M. 33 & 35.
Spoiler
[close]

- The last note of the song (left hand) is a C.

Excellent work with song! Can't wait to see more :)

Tobbeh99

M.29: Just make those 2 8th notes beamed upwards and make the tie a bit longer and it'll look fine I think. It looks a bit weird with the short tie on the 8th note, as you have it now. 

Like how I showed you:
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Sebastian

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on June 01, 2016, 08:22:50 AMM.29: Just make those 2 8th notes beamed upwards and make the tie a bit longer and it'll look fine I think. It looks a bit weird with the short tie on the 8th note, as you have it now. 

Like how I showed you:
With the correct notes of course:
Quote from: Sebastian on June 01, 2016, 08:11:02 AM(also some notes are incorrect in this measure). You could keep the ties, just a suggestion:
Spoiler
[close]
Using the ties like Tobbeh suggested is the other option that I suggested. Just don't forget to update the notes ;)

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Pianist Da Sootopolis

what is shitpost

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: Sebastian on June 01, 2016, 08:11:02 AMExcellent job with this piece, PDS!

Just a few things I noticed:I believe PDS was meaning more staccato? I honestly don't know. Like you did with M. 1 (staccato) & 5 (simile), you should probably do with M. 17 (staccato) & 20 (simile, instead of molto). Of course, this is just a suggestion and totally up to you. : )
I just got rid of the damn marking XD
Quote- Your missing the harmony part in M. 3, 4, 7, 8, 19, 20, 23, & 24. (the legato part). You also have 1 or 2 too many notes in there.
Actually, after listening, I discovered that it's just a G. The thirds aren't there, at least not super prominently, and adding them on a piano would result in a much thicker sound. Also, the rhythm is also incorrect on both of our parts; there's a small rest with the lead violin, which is filled in by other instruments. At least, that's what I'm hearing.

Quote- The BPM is not correct (according to the Youtube link that you shared.) It is actually QN = 156
Fixed.
QuoteThe last eighth note in M. 4 (left hand) is a C.
Fixed, and put everywhere else that sequence is, except for the last time (since it stays with a perfect fifth on G for the transition).
Quote- As Deku pointed out, you seem to have the first page somewhat cramped. You could have 4 systems on page 2 and 5 systems on page 1. This would give some more breathing room. Feel free to give some more room in between systems as well.
Fixed, with both tips.
Quote- The left hand in M. 29 & 30 is the same as in M. 25 & 26.
Fixed!

Quote- I'm curious. Why did you use an 8vb for the C and Gs in M. 27, 28, 31, & 32 (left hand)? They are in the same octave as the left hand notes in M. 25 & 26.
Yeah, that was weird. Fixed! (You can see how I changed it with the updated files.)

QuoteThe right hand is slightly off from M. 25-28. It's hard to hear, but there is a chord in there and some harmony notes like this. There is also the option of using half notes instead of quarter notes. The quarter notes are almost too long.:
Spoiler
[close]
- Also, you can use the tie tool to flip the ties the correct way. Flipping the stems won't help.
Fixed both.
QuoteM. 29 (right hand). Instead of using all those ties, you could just use a pedal marking. In my opinion, that would be infinitely easier. Kinda like this (also some notes are incorrect in this measure). You could keep the ties, just a suggestion:
Spoiler
[close]
That's a good idea. Thanks!
Fixed.

Quote- There is also a few wrong/missing notes in M. 30-32.
Fixed.

Quote- You're missing a note in M. 33 & 35.
Fixed.

Quote- The last note of the song (left hand) is a C.
Fixed.

Thanks for all the input, Sebastian!
Files are updated.
what is shitpost