[Wii] Super Mario Galaxy 2 - "World S" by TheMarioPianist

Started by Zeta, April 28, 2016, 04:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DS

Don't mind me just observing... darn I'm excited for when you guys get out all the weird notation kinks and finish it, this song is just so great (even if it does like mildly impossible at some parts :P) I just wanna play it so bad

TheMarioPianist

Ok, sorry for the delay; I unexpectedly have been busy with multiple things since the school year ended. Anyway, here goes...
Quote from: Deku Trombonist on May 30, 2016, 08:20:55 PMMake sure the ties face the right way and look good. And the stems in the LH of bar 26-27 are also facing the wrong way.
Ties are fixed; no idea why I didn't see that before :P. As for the stems, I only saw the A on beat 3 of measure 26 as facing the wrong way. If more of them are wrong, could you point them out? Thanks!

Quote from: FireArrow on May 30, 2016, 09:34:07 PM1. So I made some changes to page 1 which mostly consists of cleaning up the R.H. by moving things to the left and correct a few wrong notes/missing notes. Maybe I'll do page 2 later idk.

[MUS]

It's not done yet so there's a few things left for you:
2. The R.H. still needs to play some of those notes in the bass clef to keep this playable. I didn't wanna decide for you how you wanted that notated. You could seperate the voices or have some L shaped lines or w/e.
3. The seoncd E in measure 13 and the second D in measure 15 need to be played by the L.H., notate that how you want.
4. The highest voice in measure 11 (the reapeting E's that ascend at the end) presents both playability issues and voicing issues. It's really quiet in the original so it makes the bass sound different on piano. I'd reccomend removing it but you do what you want with it.

P.S. I didn't touch measures 1-4 and 17-20 so good job.
(I numbered all of your points so that I could address them individually below.)

1. I really do appreciate you moving all of those notes into the bass clef, as it allowed me to see the separate layers of this song much more clearly. However, you'll notice that I moved them back into the treble anyway. I completely understand why you separated them like you did, and I'm not saying it couldn't be done that way, but I approached it more like someone who was attempting to play this sheet. If I have to play a 2-4 note chord using only one hand, it would be much easier to read in one clef than in two (assuming that said chord does not take up a hideous amount of ledger lines). So although the bottom note(s) of those chords belong to the LH layer, I kept them in the RH to make it nicer on people trying to read the sheet. I did; however, keep the layers separate, so that it was clear that one was melody and one wasn't.
2. I think my response to point 1 clears this issue up.
3. I've currently done this with dashed lines, but if someone thinks there's a better way to do this, I'm all ears.
4. Yeah, I don't think those E's make enough of a difference to stay. They have been removed.

Quote from: Sebastian on June 02, 2016, 09:33:08 AM- There are quite a few clashing things on page 2.
- Also, the 8va should be closer to the hand it's bringing up an octave than the other system.
For example:
Spoiler
[close]
FA used an older version of the file; if you notice these clashes on page 2 no longer exist.

Thanks so much for the help guys; hopefully this thing has improved somewhat! ;D

Quote from: DS on June 02, 2016, 03:44:01 PMDon't mind me just observing... darn I'm excited for when you guys get out all the weird notation kinks and finish it, this song is just so great (even if it does like mildly impossible at some parts :P) I just wanna play it so bad
Yay, someone wants to play my sheet! I hope everything is very close to worked out myself!
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

FireArrow

I was thinking something along the lines of what Don did in his Canalave City would look more professional, but your way would still be easier to sight read so it's totally up to you.

Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Latios212

The way I see it, it should be clarity of intended execution here above showing which voice goes where. Not everyone picking up the sheet will necessarily need to know where the voices go, and if they do care enough they can probably figure it out. Ultimately keeping the voices as TMP has them makes it much easier to read.

As for Canalave, I think that's fine as is because there's ambiguity as to which notes to play with the RH (do you want to have RH take the top note, or two, or more?) so you can decide for yourself. But in TMP's sheet those notes (at least in the spots I remember looking at last night) those notes must be played with the RH, so it makes more sense to put them there.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: Latios212 on June 06, 2016, 07:06:02 PMThe way I see it, it should be clarity of intended execution here above showing which voice goes where. Not everyone picking up the sheet will necessarily need to know where the voices go, and if they do care enough they can probably figure it out. Ultimately keeping the voices as TMP has them makes it much easier to read.

As for Canalave, I think that's fine as is because there's ambiguity as to which notes to play with the RH (do you want to have RH take the top note, or two, or more?) so you can decide for yourself. But in TMP's sheet those notes (at least in the spots I remember looking at last night) those notes must be played with the RH, so it makes more sense to put them there.
Basically this. Lat perfectly covered everything I would have said had I not been watching the Indians beat Seattle...anyway, back to music stuff...

Just updated the files with a few minor changes Latios and I discussed. I can provide a change log if necessary; just don't feel like doing it at 2am. I should really find a better time to do my arranging...

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

TheMarioPianist

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

JDMEK5

Made some small modifications with Latios via Skype. We're both alright with the following file and if you are too, then it's good to go.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/93589150/World%20SJD5.mus

Latios told me I was supposed to tell you what we changed so here:
We added staccatos throughout the song, I changed some enharmonic spellings, and did some small formatting things like the spacing of some of the staves.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: JDMEK5 on June 13, 2016, 10:03:42 PMMade some small modifications with Latios via Skype. We're both alright with the following file and if you are too, then it's good to go.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/93589150/World%20SJD5.mus
Looks good, man! Thanks! Files are updatified.

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

JDMEK5

Quote from: JDMEK5 on June 13, 2016, 10:03:42 PMLatios told me I was supposed to tell you what we changed so here:
We added staccatos throughout the song, I changed some enharmonic spellings, and did some small formatting things like the spacing of some of the staves.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by JDMEK5.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot