News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

[N64] Donkey Kong 64 - "Fungi Forest (Day)" (Replacement) by Sebastian

Started by Zeta, April 27, 2016, 10:44:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Donkey Kong
Game: Donkey Kong 64
Console: Nintendo 64
Title: Fungi Forest (Day)
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Sebastian

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sebastian

FireArrow

Some of those octaves seem unnecessary (measures 19 and 21?) but I won't question you. Also you can save a page by zooming things out a bit if you want. Good job otherwise!
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Sebastian

Quote from: FireArrow on April 27, 2016, 12:15:21 PMSome of those octaves seem unnecessary (measures 19 and 21?) but I won't question you. Also you can save a page by zooming things out a bit if you want. Good job otherwise!
Normally, I would agree with you. I'm not a big fan of having octaves in both hands at the same time; however, in this instance, I put it this way. The passage from M. 19-26 has 5 voices. There is a xylophone and glockenspiel (maybe lithophone) type thing (the right hand), the string sections (left hand) which consist of the violin/viola and cello/bass, and the other bass/cello voice which I did not incorporate. Again, I'm not a big fan of octaves going at the same time, but I believe it works for this section. As for this song in general, it was oddly difficult, especially from M. 31-62 because there are so many voices and because it was hard to decide how many and/or which voices to incorporate/include.

Quote from: FireArrow on April 27, 2016, 12:15:21 PMAlso you can save a page by zooming things out a bit if you want.
Haha, I was actually gonna do this. :P
I decided on what I have because I don't want more than 5 systems on the first 4 pages and I don't mind having 2 on the last. One thing I hate is having a cramped sheet.

Thanks for the feedback! You have a sharp eye.

Sebastian

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sebastian

Sebastian

Onionleaf

Just a few small points. :)

• Is there a particular reason why there's no key signature? There are a lot of F#s appearing throughout the sheet.
• The tremolo in m. 8 is so tiny, I thought it was a piece of dust on my computer screen. ^^ It wouldn't hurt to widen the tremolo sign in m. 26 as well, I think.
• There's a low voice appearing from m. 63 onwards - it might make the sheet challenging to play, but it possibly be added. Up to you, I see there are a lot of voices included already.

Sebastian

Quote from: Onionleaf on June 03, 2016, 04:37:19 AM• Is there a particular reason why there's no key signature? There are a lot of F#s appearing throughout the sheet.
The tonic is C.

Quote from: Onionleaf on June 03, 2016, 04:37:19 AM• The tremolo in m. 8 is so tiny, I thought it was a piece of dust on my computer screen. ^^ It wouldn't hurt to widen the tremolo sign in m. 26 as well, I think.
Sure, Why not.

Quote from: Onionleaf on June 03, 2016, 04:37:19 AM• There's a low voice appearing from m. 63 onwards - it might make the sheet challenging to play, but it possibly be added. Up to you, I see there are a lot of voices included already.
I've added all the voices I feel I want. Thanks though!

Sebastian

There we go. I made the tremolo much bigger.
Anything else?
Updaters?

Zeila

I'm no expert on music theory or anything, but I think it would make more sense for the Bbs in m37/45/53/61 to be A#s

Olimar12345

looks solid.

-A D.C. might be more useful than a backwards repeat bar, given how long the piece is.
-the forte at 70 should come earlier, at 63. a crescendo into it might also be nice.

Quote from: Zeila on June 03, 2016, 06:09:08 PMI'm no expert on music theory or anything, but I think it would make more sense for the Bbs in m37/45/53/61 to be A#s

I'd say Bb's, because at that point it looks like the C is a pedal (NCT).
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Bespinben

The Bb's are Bb's because the notes constitute a Bb major chord (Bb, D, F). The C's are an added 9th to that.
D F A# C doesn't form an intelligible chord, not even if we call it something like "D minor augmented 5th flat 7th" (lolwut?)

I can see why you'd suggest A# though, since the following measure has a B natural, but in this case, vertical analysis (chords) trumps horizontal analysis.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Olimar12345

The C looks more like a pedal than a chord tone at that point, since it drones throughout the entire LH in that section. I mean sure it could be seen as a ninth in that Bb chord, but underneath everything else as the harmony moves away from C...just fits a pedal tone's definition pretty nicely. d:

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!