News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

[NDS] Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth - "Kay Faraday ~ The Great Truth Burglar" by Alti

Started by Zeta, April 27, 2016, 08:11:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Ace Attorney
Game: Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Kay Faraday ~ The Great Truth Burglar
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Altissimo

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Altissimo

Tobbeh99

Nice arrangement!

First of, I made a MUS FILE where I cleaned it up a bit, fit it on 2 pages only, and fixed some note spacing, and some problems below:

-First of: you can fit this arrangement on 2 pages by sizing down the page to like 87% and broadening the margin a bit. (Don't know if your version of Finale can do this however).

-Some notes looked messy on the mus. file, Like measure 9 for example.

-Measure 9: The 1st and 2nd layer notes on the 4th beat are on the wrong sides, they should be the opposite, this is also a mus-only problem, looks fine on pdf.

Also a tip: Use the 2nd layer for the lower voices, it is designed so that the notes will always be angled downward, and the rests will be placed lower as well.

However I still got a thing I think you can consider:

-I you thought about removing 16th-notes for making it more playable, you might as well remove the higher chords in measures 19-20 and 23-24. Or at least remove one note from each chord.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Altissimo

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on May 12, 2016, 02:30:50 PM-First of: you can fit this arrangement on 2 pages by sizing down the page to like 87% and broadening the margin a bit. (Don't know if your version of Finale can do this however).

True. But now I fear it's way too squished (especially m. 19-24). Like I feel like that would be quite a bit of an eyesore to play. I appreciate the effort but this is one case I feel like it'd look better with more space and larger notes. So, I've gone back and edited your suggestions into my original, 3 page file.

Quote-Some notes looked messy on the mus. file, Like measure 9 for example.

Lol. Even in the edit it was still misaligned! I fixed that.

Quote-Measure 9: The 1st and 2nd layer notes on the 4th beat are on the wrong sides, they should be the opposite, this is also a mus-only problem, looks fine on pdf.

Fixed.

QuoteAlso a tip: Use the 2nd layer for the lower voices, it is designed so that the notes will always be angled downward, and the rests will be placed lower as well.

This is true, but I think the 1st layer is designed to be playing the melody and the 2nd layer is designed to not as far as like playback is concerned, so I wanted to make it clear what is what. I do this in most of my arrangements and then manually re-angle the notes.

However I still got a thing I think you can consider:

QuoteI you thought about removing 16th-notes for making it more playable, you might as well remove the higher chords in measures 19-20 and 23-24. Or at least remove one note from each chord.

Yeah, removing the A is probably a good idea. Thanks!

Eh? MID / MUS / PDF

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Altissimo on May 12, 2016, 02:59:57 PMTrue. But now I fear it's way too squished (especially m. 19-24). Like I feel like that would be quite a bit of an eyesore to play. I appreciate the effort but this is one case I feel like it'd look better with more space and larger notes. So, I've gone back and edited your suggestions into my original, 3 page file.

If measures 19-24 is the problem, you could just have 3 or 2 measures/system at that part, and make the arrangement fit on 2 pages.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Altissimo

Well, it's not just those measures; it's especially those measures. I dunno, I'll play around with it a bit.

Altissimo

Latios212

How's this for 2 pages? Or alternatively the last few systems could go 4-3-3-4. See if you like.

Either way, you'll have to fix some misaligned notes (LH beat 4 in some places), rhythm notation in 19-24 (layer 2, split the last quarter like you do in 25), and flip beams the right way toward the center of the staff (m. 9 LH for example). It's also unclear what notes belong to what layer in measure 14 - try to keep the same layer on top or bottom.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

The Deku Trombonist

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/84117653/Assistance/Miles%20Edgeworth%20-%20Kay%20Faraday.musx

Lol ninja'd.

In addition to what Latios mentioned:
- A whole bunch of your stems in the LH were facing the wrong way for some reason, which adds to the clutter.
-There's no reason for bar 18 to be in two layers all the way through, it just makes it harder to read with rests everywhere. Same with 10, 21, 26 & 34. (in 26 you can create the same effect by splitting the beam on beat 1).
-It's easier to read the quaver rests in 19-20 & 23-24 if you put them on the space, instead of the line. Actually, I don't think they should ever be on the line.

Or if you use finale 2012,
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/84117653/Assistance/Miles%20Edgeworth%20-%20Kay%20Faraday.mus

Altissimo

I downloaded Deku's version and it seemed like half the shit mentioned was already fixed so I did what else I could and hopefully I got it all ?_? updated OP

The Deku Trombonist

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle