News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

[GBA] Pokémon Ruby Version & Pokémon Sapphire Version - "Route 104" (Replacement) by Altissimo

Started by Zeta, April 27, 2016, 08:10:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pianist Da Sootopolis

I'm also questioning the playability of places like M. 18. Unless you use a ton of pedal, which takes away from the overall march feel.
what is shitpost

JDMEK5

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on May 27, 2016, 09:37:26 PMI'm also questioning the playability of places like M. 18. Unless you use a ton of pedal, which takes away from the overall march feel.
Eh, I think it's borderline doable. Besides, I mean, what's the alternative? It's not perfect but this is prob one of the best ways to currently have it. It lets the pianist use his/her expertise to use their pedaling skills to maximize both the voicing and march feel as much as possible.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Altissimo

JDMEK: I actually did have the percussive beats as E-flats initially; Latios modified the noteheads and playback and I just rolled with it because I don't actually have a preference how that gets notated. But I'll play around with that (and m 12) when I get home.

edit: fixed

PDS/JDMEK: I'm totally open for alternatives for some of this... but I've spent so much time tweaking this to get it to maximum playability that, like, if I want to implement an alternative I don't want to have to be the one to figure out what it is, y'know? x.x

JDMEK5

Quote from: Altissimo on May 28, 2016, 12:15:22 PMPDS/JDMEK: I'm totally open for alternatives for some of this... but I've spent so much time tweaking this to get it to maximum playability that, like, if I want to implement an alternative I don't want to have to be the one to figure out what it is, y'know? x.x
Nah I get that. We'll see what a mod thinks.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

JDMEK5

Almost there!

Measure 3, Beat 2, RH: The stem is in the wrong direction. Have it pointing up.
Measure 14: I was wondering if it would be easier to play if the RH helped for those crazy intervals on the off beats. It seems like a ton for the LH to do alone at that tempo and there may be a simple solution.

Your enharmonic spellings look good, and I think once I'm able to check notes for accuracy (and a quick double-check overall) I'd be good to sign off on it. Still need the opinion of another of course though.

My Arrangements

Altissimo

Quote from: JDMEK5 on June 04, 2016, 09:22:03 AMAlmost there!

Measure 3, Beat 2, RH: The stem is in the wrong direction. Have it pointing up.

It's specifically down to avoid the player getting confused between that and the layer 2 part that starts immediately afterward.
QuoteMeasure 14: I was wondering if it would be easier to play if the RH helped for those crazy intervals on the off beats. It seems like a ton for the LH to do alone at that tempo and there may be a simple solution.

The problem here is that the RH is doing an 8va. So the player would need to move their right hand over 2 octaves in order to play those notes. You'd end up with a measure of the RH jumping around a bit crazily, whereas the LH is mostly staying in the same area. If you really think that would work better, I'll implement it, but just imagining the RH jump like that is making me cringe a little, lol.

QuoteYour enharmonic spellings look good, and I think once I'm able to check notes for accuracy (and a quick double-check overall) I'd be good to sign off on it. Still need the opinion of another of course though.

Latios helped me with a lot of playability stuff, so he might be a good one to talk to about this specific arrangement.

JDMEK5

Latios and I had a joint go at this:

Quote from: Altissimo on June 04, 2016, 09:32:35 AMIt's specifically down to avoid the player getting confused between that and the layer 2 part that starts immediately afterward.
If that's going to be the case, a rest needs to be present in the upper voice to make it clear. We added that.

Quote from: Altissimo on June 04, 2016, 09:32:35 AMThe problem here is that the RH is doing an 8va. So the player would need to move their right hand over 2 octaves in order to play those notes. You'd end up with a measure of the RH jumping around a bit crazily, whereas the LH is mostly staying in the same area. If you really think that would work better, I'll implement it, but just imagining the RH jump like that is making me cringe a little, lol.
We decided to leave it your way because I couldn't convince Latios that my way was better as it so clearly is.

Quote from: Altissimo on June 04, 2016, 09:32:35 AMLatios helped me with a lot of playability stuff, so he might be a good one to talk to about this specific arrangement.
Yeah.

Edited OP with finished file.

My Arrangements

Zeta