News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

Good GameCube games

Started by Nitro Indigo, April 26, 2016, 12:58:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AwesomeYears

The Simpsons: Hit and Run was always a favourite one of mine.

Magic Mole

Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness is a must-have if you like Pokemon games.
Not sure if you're into Sonic games or not, but if you are, Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 are both great (1's not for everyone but I absolutely adore it). Collections like Sonic Mega Collection and Sonic Gems Collection are also amazing if you like the franchise. Sonic Riders is super fun too.
I have fond memories of Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, Starfox Adventures, Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy, and Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg to name a few.
If you play with friends a lot, Cel Damage, any Mario Party (6 was my favorite), Super Mario Strikers, etc. are all great for that.
Those are my recommendations for now. I purposefully left out most of what others said previously.

Olimar12345

Quote from: Nitro Indigo on April 26, 2016, 01:35:00 PMPikmin 1 is on Wii, so that's a thing.

It would be worth investing in the GCN version, I can assure you. It's quality is far better.

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mikey

TLDR any gamecube game is good
unmotivated

Olimar12345

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 26, 2016, 08:49:16 PMTLDR any gamecube game is good
Proof that this statement is false:

Spoiler

[close]
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mikey

unmotivated

JDMEK5

Quote from: Olimar12345 on April 26, 2016, 08:57:56 PMProof that this statement is false:

Spoiler

[close]
But dude, StarFox Adventures was alright. Solid game. I liked it.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Olimar12345

Quote from: JDMEK5 on April 26, 2016, 09:35:27 PMBut dude, StarFox Adventures was alright. Solid game. I liked it.
^ guys, we need a new JDMEK. This one is defective.

JDMEK5

Lol I mean, it was definitely different than the usual StarFox genre, but as a game in and of itself, I thought it was alright.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Dude

braix

I have memories of playing Metroid Prime 2

Spoiler
it was aight
[close]
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

SlowPokemon

Luigi's Mansion is my favorite GameCube game.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nitro Indigo

Let's see... for starters, I need to make a list of things that interest me. All of the prices are from Cex.
Wired controller: £15 (cheaper than I remember...)
3rd-party memory card: £1.50
The Thousand-Year Door: £50 (why is this not under Keep Circulating the Tapes on TV Tropes?!)
Enter the Dragonfly*: £8 (exactly twice as much as it was on PS2, and it has a four-star rating for some reason...?)
Pikmin 1: £8
Animal Crossing with memory card (apparently) - £25

After looking through their entire GameCube catalogue, I discovered that most of their (second-hand) stock is licensed games. The actual first and second-party games are really expensive (Path of Radiance is £100), with a few exceptions, such as the aforementioned Pikmin. According to TV Tropes, Pikmin 1 on GameCube is really rare and expensive...?
If I'd known that A New Beginning was on GameCube, I wouldn't have re-brought a PS2 just to play it after seeing it mentioned on TV Tropes a few times.

*I know most people don't think highly of this game, but I once read that they fixed the game when they ported it to GameCube. I'm not sure how true that is, but I kind of want to finish something I started, though not as soon as possible.

I think I found the best game title ever.

PS: Why aren't GameCube games on Wii U VC yet? Is it because of ~compatibility issues~? *cough*GBA games on 3DS*cough*
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nitro Indigo

^ I actually laughed at that. XD
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.