News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

Good GameCube games

Started by Nitro Indigo, April 26, 2016, 12:58:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nitro Indigo

I sort of want to start playing GameCube games, which will require me buying a controller and a memory card (I already have a Wii). Of course, it's not set in stone that I will buy those, because I can't afford them, but if I buy them, what games should I get? Bear in mind that GameCube stuff is crazy expensive (The Thousand-Year Door costs more than a PlayStation 2 from Cex), so I won't be able to afford all the stuff everyone likes. Also, I already own the other-console versions of The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Dudeman

Melee, Mario Sunshine, MK Double Dash, Pikmin & Pikmin 2, Metroid Prime (and 2), MGS I guess?, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door...
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

unmotivated

Nitro Indigo

I'm not old enough to play Metal Gear, and Pikmin 1 is on Wii, so that's a thing.

There's this game called Enter the Dragonfly, which I have a long and complicated history with. Long story short, I had it on PS2 a couple of years ago, discovered everyone hated it after a few days, never played it again, and now I stay as far away from the Spyro fandom as possible. I've heard the GameCube version of it is better, but it costs at least twice as much (but still significantly cheaper than most GameCube games), and I'm not sure if it'd be worth it. I just want to finish something I started, but should I? =/
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

JDMEK5

First thing you should do, is consider either buying your games online (eBay for example) or maybe even renting through something like gamefly. My local retro shop retails a used SSBM for $140 given they even have it (last I checked the waiting line was 8 copies long). GameCube stuff is expensive if you don't know where to look; so be savvy.

Anyways, I have many fun memories of Spiderman 2. I also used to have a long long time with the Tony Hawk series. Also, look up 1080* Avalanche. That's another good one.

Oh and I'm surprised nobody's said Zelda: Wind Waker yet. That said, if you have the WiiU version, it's not worth the money it would take to get it.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Dudeman

Quote from: Nitro Indigo on April 26, 2016, 12:58:41 PMAlso, I already own the other-console versions of The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Tobbeh99

Malay! and Metroid Prime 1 & 2.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

mikey

Crazy Taxi
Animal Crossing
Backyard [Sport]
Star Fox: Assault
unmotivated

Nitro Indigo

Animal Crossing is surprisngly cheap for a GameCube game; about £20 from Amazon, which is about as much as a new DS game was back in the day. I'm too used to the newer games, though. =/ The title theme does make me feel nostalgic for someone else's childhood, mind.

Also, $140 for Meele? Cex sells it for £30.

mikey

Skies of Arcadia: Legends (warning-RPG)
Luigi's Mansion
I think Star Wars: Battlefront has a GCN version
Mario Party 5
Mario Party 6
unmotivated

Zeila

These are pretty much most of the gamecube games that I (and my brothers) have that haven't already been mentioned. There's a variety in case you're not into some of them
    Single-Player:
    • Skies of Arcadia (there's one that's originally on the dreamcast). I never played it yet, but I heard good things about it *oops ninja'd
    • Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (you'll need the bongos with this, and it is probably expensive :\ )
    • Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of the Cortex (I don't remember it very well actually, but if you like Crash then I guess it's worth checking out)
    • Fire Emblem: Path to Radiance (I also never played it yet, but again I've heard good things about it)
    • Megaman X Collection
    Multiplayer (obviously you can play these alone, but they are a lot more fun with other people):
    • Mario Party 4 or 5 (I forgot which one I liked more, but I think they're both good)
    • Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
    • Tales of Symphonia
    • Sonic Adventure 2 Battle (this was also originally on the dreamcast)
    • Soul Calibur 2 (I couldn't find it, but it's really great)
    • F Zero GX

I should play some of these during the summer...

Tobbeh99

Soul Calibur 2 is really great. Sonic Adventure 2 Battle is OK imo, a lot of people love, I think it's mediocre.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Nitro Indigo

Never played a Crash game. Watched a few Caddicarus videos about some spinoffs, though.

Well, I'll be scouring the GameCube sections of Amazon and Cex tomorrow, seeing what prices all these games are. When I think of GameCube, I immediately think of the stuff Chugga's played; I never knew there was so much more that people liked. And Enter the Dragonfly.

mikey

Dude the gamecube had the all time best games ever made
unmotivated