News:

Found an issue in the Requests Board? Let Bubbles know!

Main Menu

The eShop Topic

Started by Olimar12345, April 14, 2016, 07:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

I've never played it, but I like easy games
unmotivated

Latios212

Mass attack is pretty great, I agree! The touch interface worked very well and I enjoyed it more than I expected. Level design is fun and yeah, the minigames add lots of content. I spent hours on that pinball game...
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Nebbles

I should just take a shot every time someone bitches at how easy Epic Yarn is. I'd die of alcohol poisoning, but whatever.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Altissimo

Quote from: Nebbles on July 28, 2016, 04:36:35 PMI should just take a shot every time someone bitches at how easy Epic Yarn is. I'd die of alcohol poisoning, but whatever.

nah, we can alternate

Nebbles

Dudeman

I don't drink but I'm with ya in spirit.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Sebastian

Ow. That pun hurt my soul.

Olimar12345

Quote from: Nebbles on July 28, 2016, 04:36:35 PMI should just take a shot every time someone bitches at how easy Epic Yarn is. I'd die of alcohol poisoning, but whatever.

Well, it IS the crippling aspect of it.... What do you expect?

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Nebbles

I don't mind it, though. I guess I just take it to heart because Epic Yarn's my go-to game if I'm having really bad anxiety or stress. It does a great job at calming me down and uplifting my mood, so seeing people tear at it hurts.

Altissimo

it's a kirby game

the ENTIRE SERIES is based around the idea of easier, more accessible platformers for kids

i don't think nebbles is saying, and certainly i'm not saying, that it isn't easy, but rather that, if that's what you choose to complain about, you are missing the entire point of the franchise. you might as well be complaining that there's not enough story in super smash brothers like seriously

and yes, i am very much aware that epic yarn is easier than other kirby games (though that is a classification i would debate to high hell, 100% is very much not easy), but i really don't think that is a valid cause for concern. that's kind of the point of this specific game?

if you complain about it having the kirby moniker - as in, such an easy game shouldn't be called kirby - then i can understand that, not agree with but understand, but complaining that an intentionally-easy game is easy is pretty stupid imo

and just to clarify, i'm not saying disliking easy games is stupid. you can dislike easy games all you want. you can dislike hard games all you want. whatever. i'm saying complaining about an obviously easy game being easy when that is not to your taste, is dumb. there's a marked difference between saying "this game is too easy, i'm not a fan of easy games like this" and saying "this game is too easy, that's dumb, it's a bad game for being so easy" and the latter is what the comments here seem to be like

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Nebbles on July 28, 2016, 05:07:47 PMI don't mind it, though. I guess I just take it to heart because Epic Yarn's my go-to game if I'm having really bad anxiety or stress. It does a great job at calming me down and uplifting my mood, so seeing people tear at it hurts.

Easy is fine, I just personally found it boring, which is not fine. I'm not "bitching," it's a lovely atmosphere and sound and aesthetic, but playing it doesn't do much for me personally. I respect your love for it though (also critics love the hell out of it if it makes you feel any better).
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Dudeman

Quote from: Altissimo on July 28, 2016, 05:18:18 PMif you complain about it having the kirby moniker - as in, such an easy game shouldn't be called kirby - then i can understand that, not agree with but understand, but complaining that an intentionally-easy game is easy is pretty stupid imo
It's also important to note that the game wasn't originally pitched as a Kirby game, and Prince Fluff was the original lead. There's a good reason why it doesn't feel like a Kirby game at heart. Still a good time, though.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Altissimo

Quote from: Dudeman on July 28, 2016, 05:21:42 PMIt's also important to note that the game wasn't originally pitched as a Kirby game, and Prince Fluff was the original lead. There's a good reason why it doesn't feel like a Kirby game at heart. Still a good time, though.

yeah, that's why i made a point to note "complaining about having the kirby moniker", because its origin story is the entire reason it is easier than most of the franchise.

TheDreamingHawk

If being easy makes the game boring to play, then it's not a fun game for me, period. If the entire game was as well designed as the final world I would have liked it a bit more, but the whole rest of the game is just a boring chore for me IMO and I think that's what hurts the game the most. It's the same problem I have with Dream Land 2 (Along with the inability to run for some stupid reason)

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

Altissimo

ok but does it hurt the game that you think the rest of it is a boring chore or does it hurt your perception of/experience with the game because there is an important distinction