The eShop Topic

Started by Olimar12345, April 14, 2016, 07:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

it seems like the 3DS will be a top tier system for a while
I hope they keep making games for it for like 5 more years
unmotivated

TheDreamingHawk

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 30, 2016, 10:24:57 AMGraaaaah I'm facing such an irritating decision, I would way rather play Super Mario RPG on my 3DS but it only came to the Wii U eShop. Do I buy it, or wait for it to come to New 3DS Virtual Console?

N3DS VC games seem to come in packs in Japan, which then come over here a bit later. So far, Japan hasn't gotten any packs with SMRPG in it, so I'd suggest picking up the Wii U VC version now unless you don't mind waiting a few weeks to see if it's in the next pack of SNES VC games.

For reference, the upcoming SNES games for Japan so far are Mega Man X2/X3 and Super Castlevania IV while a bunch of other Konami/Capcom titles are out now, which should come here soon. Hoping for Gradius III myself

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

E. Gadd Industries

Well, you guys are over there discussing SMRPG on VC, and about the console it'll be on, and I'm over here like I have the original cartridge... Heh...
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

Mfw I help an Italian plumber fall into the abyss while he was shouting something about red coins

[close]

Nitro Indigo

Speaking of which, is there such thing as a SNES RPG that was released in its original form in Europe?
Super Mario RPG: Virtual Console.
Final Fantasy 3/6: PS1, then Virtual Console.
Terranigma: Nope.
Does Secret of Mana count as an RPG? I have it on VC, but I got stuck at that part near the start where a bunch of people in a village keep saying the same thing.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

Nitro Indigo

Sorry for double-posting, but my Wii U says that the eShop is closed for maintenance, but it works just fine on my 3DS and several websites have reported updates. Anyone else (in Europe) having this problem?

Also, still no Door to Phantomile? Did Namco say they'd never re-release the Wii version or something?
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

SlowPokemon

I'm bummed, Europe 3DS got the Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva movie as a download for sale this week and I'd love to have that one on my 3DS. :( Maybe it'll be available in the coming weeks here.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nitro Indigo

Why does Europe get everything on the eShop first? Not that I'm complaining...

Also, what do you think of this video I made about Virtual Console?

Olimar12345

Nice video (rather ambiguous link though). I agree with most of your complaints. I personally think Nintendo is withholding GBA and ds from the 3ds eshop to make them WiiU exclusives, given that the wiiu definitely needs all the help it can get. 
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Nitro Indigo

But surely GameCube games would have the same effect? Anyone here knowledgeable about emulators?

Altissimo

You kidding? Gamecube was the worst-selling Nintendo console until the Wii U. GBA and DS were massive successes with lots and lots of quality titles. Not to say that the Gamecube didn't, but they were clearly not enough to make people buy the Gamecube.

Nitro Indigo

People won't get a GameCube for GameCube games because it didn't sell well? You might want to re-read your post.

And while it's true the GameCube didn't sell well, there's several desirable GameCube titles that are getting really expensive now. And there are plenty of games on VC that didn't sell well upon their original releases.

Altissimo

no, the implication that since people didn't get a gamecube for gamecube games when it was out (resulting in gamecube not selling well), they probably won't see any need to get gamecube games on wii u now

and that even the quality titles weren't enough to help the gamecube sell in its heyday

Olimar12345

The GameCube just wasn't that impressive at the time. Remember, it had to compete with the PS2, a console that supported backwards compatibility of an already huge library of games and also played DVDs and CDs ON TOP of playing new PS2 games. It made more sense to spend around the same amount of money on a system that could do all of that.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Nitro Indigo

>20 million may be low by Nintendo standards, but it's not THAT bad.

I also meant putting GameCube games on the eShop... maybe we'll have to wait until the NX?

Incidentally, the Cube was more powerful than the PS2, apparently, but it had less disc space, meaning that Japanese developers favoured the Station more, since the Xbox didn't sell well in Japan. Nintendo realized that power isn't everything, which is why the Wii isn't HD.
I once said on another thread ages ago that the PS2 was more powerful than the GameCube. Oops.

TheDreamingHawk

It should also be noted that the whole GCN on VC debate started from a rumor that was started by a lower-position employee at NOA who said they would be available on the Wii U's shop channel, but gave nothing else outside of that. Of course, news sites took that and ran with it as a major news article, which gave lots of people the false assumption that GCN games were confirmed.

That being said, I do hope Codename NX gets GCN Retail downloads, or at the very least have the Wii U/3DS/Codename NX get Turbo-Grafx 16 titles in the US. Those recent ESRB ratings are making me excited for them, darn it

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming