News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

[Wii] Super Paper Mario - "Dimentio, Charming Magician" by Bloop

Started by Zeta, April 12, 2016, 08:08:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Super Mario
Game: Super Paper Mario
Console: Nintendo Wii
Title: Dimentio, Charming Magician
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Bloop

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sebastian

Looks pretty good!

A few things (I'll check the notes when I get on my computer):
- Clashing dynamic/slur in M. 10.
- Piano markings need removed.
- After getting rid of the piano markings, maybe diminish the margin space to give some more room for the piece. Seems a tad cramped as is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jMFV55kTi8

Bloop

Th3Gavst3r

Looks really nice, but you've got the old url
The alignment of the very first mf bugs me too :P
Should probably be Composed by Naoko Mitome and Chika Sekigawa rather than just a comma?

Latios212

Sounds awesome!

There are lots of places in the first seven measures where you can cut down on the visual clutter by combining layers or at least hiding some rests. I would suggest combining the LH part of measures 2 and 4 into one layer, and hiding the layer 2 rests in the RH so the layer 1 stems can be flipped back into the staff. You could also combine layers in the RH for other places where they play the same rhythm, which would clean up the slurs and staccatos a lot.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bloop

Quote from: Th3Gavst3r on April 12, 2016, 11:05:59 AMLooks really nice, but you've got the old url
Woops, looked over that!

Quote from: Th3Gavst3r on April 12, 2016, 11:05:59 AMThe alignment of the very first mf bugs me too :P
i guess that's legit

Quote from: Th3Gavst3r on April 12, 2016, 11:05:59 AMShould probably be Composed by Naoko Mitome and Chika Sekigawa rather than just a comma?
I actually prefer using a comma, it saves space and stuff.

Quote from: Latios212 on April 12, 2016, 11:14:47 AMThere are lots of places in the first seven measures where you can cut down on the visual clutter by combining layers or at least hiding some rests. I would suggest combining the LH part of measures 2 and 4 into one layer, and hiding the layer 2 rests in the RH so the layer 1 stems can be flipped back into the staff. You could also combine layers in the RH for other places where they play the same rhythm, which would clean up the slurs and staccatos a lot.
I notated it this way because I like to make clear that there are different voices in this song, instead of just a cluster of notes. I do admit that it went a little overboard, though, which resulted in the sheet being a bit less clear. Fixed that

Sebastian

Latios212

Quote from: Bloop on April 12, 2016, 12:03:31 PMI notated it this way because I like to make clear that there are different voices in this song, instead of just a cluster of notes. I do admit that it went a little overboard, though, which resulted in the sheet being a bit less clear. Fixed that
Haha I'm sorry if that sounded like a mandate. It was meant to imply "you should review this and see what's best!"
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bloop

Quote from: Sebastian on April 12, 2016, 12:05:28 PMYou could use an ampersand.
but mooom i don't like ampersaaands, they're uglyyyy

Quote from: Latios212 on April 12, 2016, 12:06:33 PMHaha I'm sorry if that sounded like a mandate. It was meant to imply "you should review this and see what's best!"
Don't worry, I did take it that way. Maybe I'm just a bit too obsessed with making every melody clear (which is not a good thing in SPM music because there are like 100 melodies playing at the same time)

FireArrow

The intro is a two octave arpeggiated gmin7 chord, the first octave being in 32nds the second being in 64ths. The bass is sustaining a G.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Bloop

Aaand updated. Thanks! I forgot that little arpeggio even existed.

FireArrow

If I ever get enough free time I might go super annoying voicing perfectionist mode so be warned
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

JDMEK5

-Measure 14, Beats 3-4, RH: You have your eighth notes beamed in groups of two here, where everywhere else is beamed in groups of four. I'd suggest keeping it consistent throughout. The same thing happens in the last two beats of measure 9 in the left hand, but I'll stay quiet about that one because I think it looks better this way. If I was you, I would make them all beamed in groups of two, not four, as it might look overall better that way. That being said, it's up to you and the way you have it now isn't wrong.
-Unless I'm wrong, only key signatures get a double bar line. Time changes do not.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Bloop

Fixed! I only changed the grouping in bar 14, as that was mostly an accident. I always use double barlines before time signatures, so I didn't change that. I think there isn't really a universally set way on when to use double barlines anyway.

Bloop