News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

[MUL] Tetris - "C Theme" (Replacement) by Yentl Tijssens

Started by Zeta, April 08, 2016, 02:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobbeh99

Here's some more feedback:

Formatting:
-The text "Arranged by gameboy..." should be bold like the composer text, I believe. Not 100% sure on this.
-The copyright/URL should be in "plain" style NOT italic.
-Maybe the title should be "Type C". That's the titles they used in smash and in some other youtube videos. I know that you probably followed the other sheets on site. But this is up for discussion.

Music:
-I really can't get why you put a ff (fortissimo) as the dynamic marking? Don't you think it's too loud? I'd suggest mf as a dynamic.
- Some articulations could improve the arrangement. I'm thinking about putting staccato markings on the quarter notes in the LH.

Some wrong notes I found when listening to it closer:
M.2: LH G# should be an A
M.4: LH G# should be A
M.10 & 12: the same as M.2 & 4
M.21: the first 4 notes should be A-C#-A-F#

..Olimar posted just before me lol.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

yentltijssens

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 18, 2016, 09:55:59 AMHere's some more feedback:

Formatting:
-The text "Arranged by gameboy..." should be bold like the composer text, I believe. Not 100% sure on this.
-The copyright/URL should be in "plain" style NOT italic.
-Maybe the title should be "Type C". That's the titles they used in smash and in some other youtube videos. I know that you probably followed the other sheets on site. But this is up for discussion.

Music:
-I really can't get why you put a ff (fortissimo) as the dynamic marking? Don't you think it's too loud? I'd suggest mf as a dynamic.
- Some articulations could improve the arrangement. I'm thinking about putting staccato markings on the quarter notes in the LH.

Some wrong notes I found when listening to it closer:
M.2: LH G# should be an A
M.4: LH G# should be A
M.10 & 12: the same as M.2 & 4
M.21: the first 4 notes should be A-C#-A-F#

..Olimar posted just before me lol.

Thank you very much for the improvements! I replaced the files with yours.

Tobbeh99

Olimar are you sure about the copyright? Tetris wiki and Wikipedia says 1989.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

mikey

unmotivated

Olimar12345

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 18, 2016, 09:59:13 AMOlimar are you sure about the copyright? Tetris wiki and Wikipedia says 1989.
1989 is correct, my bad.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 18, 2016, 09:55:59 AM-Maybe the title should be "Type C". That's the titles they used in smash and in some other youtube videos. I know that you probably followed the other sheets on site. But this is up for discussion.
A Theme, B Theme etc. make more sense from the game's standpoint, and since there is no official OST it can't really be said for sure. "Type A" seen in smash could just be a name they gave it, and YT holds no merit as a source.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 18, 2016, 09:55:59 AM- Some articulations could improve the arrangement. I'm thinking about putting staccato markings on the quarter notes in the LH.
Bach didn't use articulations, so I disagree.

Also, I just realized the printed tempo is a bit under. q = 150 is more like it.

Here are the updated files, sorry again:
[MUS] [Midi] [PDF]
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

yentltijssens

Bloop

Quote from: Olimar12345 on April 18, 2016, 10:36:52 AMBach didn't use articulations, so I disagree.
he loves using those fucking mordents though
mordents are what's wrong with this country

Olimar12345

Yeah he does! (too bad that isn't an articulation! xD )

Alright, I think we're good here.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Olimar12345.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot