News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

[MUL] Tetris - "C Theme" (Replacement) by Yentl Tijssens

Started by Zeta, April 08, 2016, 02:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Tetris
Console: Multiplatform
Title: C Theme
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Yentl Tijssens

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

braix

You could go to Utilities>Fit Measures and fit 4 measures per system to avoid having that one weird stretched measure at the end
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Tobbeh99

Quote from: braixen1264 on April 08, 2016, 02:34:31 PMYou could go to Utilities>Fit Measures and fit 4 measures per system to avoid having that one weird stretched measure at the end

Y, but it won't be able to fit on 1 page if you do so. But y, maybe make it on 2 pages with better measure distribution, maybe better but idk.

Great arrangement anyways!

You could look up [THIS] first. Your sheet needs proper formatting

Also post youtube videos of the song you've submitted, makes it easier comparing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfxO9RU4VGI
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

yentltijssens

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 08, 2016, 03:14:25 PMY, but it won't be able to fit on 1 page if you do so. But y, maybe make it on 2 pages with better measure distribution, maybe better but idk.

Great arrangement anyways!

You could look up [THIS] first. Your sheet needs proper formatting

Also post youtube videos of the song you've submitted, makes it easier comparing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfxO9RU4VGI

Hey! I edited the pdf so it fits the formatting rules. I hope it's good enough now to be uploaded. The problem is that Finale doesn't work and I can't fix it. I make my scores with Sibelius so I do have the xml file.

PetrifiedLasagna

Quote from: yentltijssens on April 17, 2016, 02:30:58 AMHey! I edited the pdf so it fits the formatting rules. I hope it's good enough now to be uploaded. The problem is that Finale doesn't work and I can't fix it. I make my scores with Sibelius so I do have the xml file.

Sounds great, but the formatting is a little bizarre. If you cut two measures from the first line and one from all the others you would have enough to warrant a second page. Also, I would recommend a molto allegro or vivace, because the tempo is more around 144 BMP.

Also, if you are having trouble with Finale (notepad?), I wouldn't mind helping you format the sheet.

yentltijssens

Quote from: PetrifiedLasagna on April 17, 2016, 11:19:24 AMSounds great, but the formatting is a little bizarre. If you cut two measures from the first line and one from all the others you would have enough to warrant a second page. Also, I would recommend a molto allegro or vivace, because the tempo is more around 144 BMP.

Also, if you are having trouble with Finale (notepad?), I wouldn't mind helping you format the sheet.

Thank you very much. This is the best I could. You'll find the xml file with this link: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=BC7871C6407A030C!32766&authkey=!AMexmXauMCY5FCU&ithint=file%2cxml

PetrifiedLasagna

I am curious, what exactly are you having trouble with in Finale? If you said what you are having problems with, someone might be able to help.

Also, welcome to NSM!  :)

Pianist Da Sootopolis

The tempo mark of "Vivace" isn't really fitting; the piece is more andante really. If you count the piece it's very much at a walking pace (andante) than a very quick one (Vivace).
Also, make sure to have MM specifications on your tempo marks as well.
what is shitpost

PetrifiedLasagna

The original song in the game had a faster tempo than what was in the sheet itself. The sheet was being played at an allegro (120 BPM) tempo so making it any slower would not help. That is why I recommended a molto allegro which suggests a slightly faster tempo, but there is no marking for that in notepad (unless you made one), so alternatively a vivace could be used which starts at around 160. Although, it would be a little to fast then...

Pianist Da Sootopolis

The MM marking is somewhat irrelevant to the tempo marking. The tempo marking is supposed to reflect the overall speed; IE something could be designated "largo" but be quarter = 92, the whole thing written in whole notes.
The piece, while being at quarter note = 144, is still not being taken at an actual vivace speed- vivace translates as "lively", which the piece really is not. It's much more akin to a walking pace; try walking to it. It's not hard.
what is shitpost

PetrifiedLasagna

Oh okay, I understand now. Me and my literal mindedness  :P

yentltijssens

I reuploaded the .pdf and the .mus. I think it's good enough now to upload on the official site. Thank you PetrifiedLasagna for the help with the formatting and converting.

mikey

Protip: good enough isn't good enough.  If a sheet is good enough, that means it can still be improved.  A sheet isn't done until you look at it and instead of saying good enough, you say "this sheet is impeccable".  I still haven't learned this myself.
unmotivated

yentltijssens

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 18, 2016, 03:53:46 AMProtip: good enough isn't good enough.  If a sheet is good enough, that means it can still be improved.  A sheet isn't done until you look at it and instead of saying good enough, you say "this sheet is impeccable".  I still haven't learned this myself.

I get what you mean. Thank you for the tip! Right now I know nothing that I can improve to the score right now. If there is anything not good yet, you can always tell me.

Olimar12345

Good work so far. Here are the issues that remain to be fixed:

Formatting errors:

-The arranger, page number, and 2nd page title aren't quite aligned.
-The copyright info and site URL should not be italicized.
-Copyright year should be 1984
-Move the information about the game arranger to the bold, non-italicized text. The italic, non-bold is for you.

Musical errors:
-The repeat sign at the top is unnecessary
-Make the G# in the LH into an A in these measures: 2, 4, 10, 12 (wrong notes)
-the first four eighth notes in the LH in measure 21 should be A C# A F#

Here are the corrected files. If you want to just swap them out with the ones in the OP, I'll go ahead and accept the arrangement for you.

[MUS] [Midi] [PDF]

Misc. things I did:
-I made the tempo text match fonts with the rest of the sheet.
-I added a courtesy natural to the B in the LH.
-I replaced the half rest with two quarter rests to keep it consistent with the rest of the arrangements.
-I reduced the initial dynamic from fortissimo to forte, since it doesn't sound that drastically huge in the original.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!