News:

You just lost the game.

Main Menu

The Legend of Zelda discussion

Started by Nitro Indigo, April 06, 2016, 12:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebbles

Twilight Princess is my second fav, followed by Majora's Mask.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

mikey

Sailing was very cool and I actually like sailing irl too.  Nothing wrong with taking time to get somewhere
unmotivated

Nebbles

To me, I felt like a lot of Wind Waker was about the journey. You took a while to arrive at the destination, but you explored so much, met so many people, discovered so many things, it felt rewarding to sail from place to place. The music was grand and majestic, much like the journey you're on.

mikey

If you listen to the ost it does an amazing job of telling the story.  No single thing about the game is the very best like No one ever was, but it wouldn't be inaccurate to call the game flawless.  Its the hidden gem of Zelda games tbh
unmotivated

Nebbles

I feel like a lot of people debunk it for the sailing and art style and don't go past that much in terms of complaints. I mean, to be fair, they CAN be valid complaints but not if it's the only thing you can say, and don't have a proper answer when someone asks you "but why".

mikey

Even the triforce fetchquest which apparently aonuma apologized for was absolutely perfect.  It was literally a treasure hunt and the aesthetic meshes so well with the rest of the game- pirates, princesses, hideouts, sailing, sunken treasure!
unmotivated

Dudeman

inb4 triforce quest

NINJA'D DAMMIT
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

unmotivated

cashwarrior1

I watched my brother play through Wind Waker and I remember the fetch quest, he never beat it. I don't dislike the game, it's in my top 5 but I just don't like sailing that much.. well, just sailing in the dark, actually.

Nebbles

But the thing is, it doesn't feel the like the dark. You'll always find somewhere to explore.

That's the whole point of the game. Exploration, venturing into the unknown...

mikey

finding a cool island with a cool little puzzle with cool treasure n stuff
unmotivated

Nebbles

mikey

let's just stream the two of us playing wind waker together cus dang bro
unmotivated

Nebbles