News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

The Legend of Zelda discussion

Started by Nitro Indigo, April 06, 2016, 12:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cashwarrior1

For a 3D Zelda game, they need to make a dungeon with any theme that is not inside, but more out in the open like the pirate ship from Majora's Mask.

For a 2D Zelda game, they should make a dungeon that you go through it twice or a couple times, like mermaid's cave from Oracle of Ages.

I kept thinking of Sky, Desert, Mining, and forest when these are pretty over-used.

Nitro Indigo

Minecarts. We need more minecarts. Unless they're like the minecarts in Oracle of Seasons. I'm not very good at that game.

Wait... I just realized... are the timeshift stones basically Oracle of Ages lite?
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

mikey

The focus for Zelda Wii U is "rethinking set entry points to dungeons", or something equally mission-statement.  We saw a clip of a race on Hyrule Field with some eye guy.

Anyway, the gender thing obviously doesn't affect me, since I'll just continue to choose male but anyone who thinks voice acting would be a good idea should go play star fox or something and leave Zelda alone!
unmotivated

Dudeman

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 10, 2016, 12:48:01 PMThe focus for Zelda Wii U is "rethinking set entry points to dungeons", or something equally mission-statement.  We saw a clip of a race on Hyrule Field with some eye guy.
I think how Aonuma worded it is that he wanted actually getting to each area/dungeon to be a puzzle in and of itself, and having multiple entrances to a dungeon is just part of that. Makes the world seem bigger and allows for individualized adventures.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 10, 2016, 12:48:01 PMAnyway, the gender thing obviously doesn't affect me, since I'll just continue to choose male but anyone who thinks voice acting would be a good idea should go play star fox or something and leave Zelda alone!
Why do you think Zelda would be better off without voice acting? (side-note that the leak says that all characters besides Link would have voices, and I think that's the way it should be) It's so story heavy already that, honestly, voice acting would bring in players who get bored by endless textboxes (I'm looking at you, Kaepora Gaebora) and give NPC's even more character. I loved Twilight Princess because nearly every side character was memorable. I think voices would enhance that.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Nitro Indigo

Ever seen the Skyward Sword fandubs?

If I knew how to edit videos, I'd play Partner's Theme, Enveloped in Light and Time to Part Ways from Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon over the cutscene in Skyward Sword where Zelda explains the backstory and all that.
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

mikey

I like imagining each character with their own voice.  Plus, voice acting takes SOOOOOOOOOOO LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG
unmotivated

Nitro Indigo

That's a good point. If they put voice acting into a Zelda game, it'll take forever to come out in Europe.

I find the categories for Spirit Tracks on Wikipedia kind of funny because they make it sound a lot darker than it actually is (well...). Someone needs to take a screenshot of it, without showing the rest of the page, and show it to someone who's never played the game.

mikey

Quote from: Nitro Indigo on April 10, 2016, 01:05:44 PMThat's a good point. If they put voice acting into a Zelda game, it'll take forever to come out in Europe.
that's um... not what I meant.  It makes the dialogue take forever because you have to wait for the dumb voice to stop going
unmotivated

Nitro Indigo

...Then have it so voice acting plays over gameplay? I don't really know, the only game with voice acting I've played all the way through is The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning, and that game's really short. Most of the length comes from the sidekick's failed attempts to be funny. =/

mikey

see, there's no point to voice acting.  It's like listening to an audiobook while reading along.  Yuck.
unmotivated

cashwarrior1

Instead of going on a rant about voice acting, just realize that (1) this is just a leak, it might not be true, (2) voice acting does not change any form of gameplay, and (3) you could just not have sound on if you like to read text boxes so much. (You want to listen to the music? Find it online or just deal with it.)

mikey

oh, it better not be true.  It's a great way to ruin a Zelda game.
unmotivated

cashwarrior1

I don't see how it ruins a Zelda game, but we all have different opinions. I honestly think that the Temple of the Ocean King is an awesome dungeon, not everyone does, opinions!

mikey

Zelda has always been without voice acting.  That's how the game is.  It needs to stay that way, otherwise it's not Zelda.
unmotivated

Nebbles

Zelda with voice acting would feel really out of place and odd. I'm not for it, but I'd still get the game and all.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel