Game: The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
Console: Game Boy Advance
Title: House
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: braixen1264

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mikey

unmotivated

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Not bad arranging, but you've got a LOT of cramped notes and eighth rests in the first line. Try and clean em up a bit; using the resize tool for the rests might also help.
Also: the C# in m. 17 could be notated a lot cleaner as just a whole note with a mordent on top.
what is shitpost

braix

Added the fixes. If I need to make the first line less cramped again I can try to do that again

Zeila

- The site url is the old one. Did you copy it from an existing sheet on site or is this super old?
- You're missing a dynamic, and I suggest that the intro be louder than the rest of the piece (or just put staccatos on those notes) to show the contrast between the voices
- You should put courtesy accidentals in m4, 8, 12 (RH)
- You should put staccatos on the bass notes (except the ending quarter notes and possibly the eighth notes) to emulate the 8-bit sound
- Make sure you show beat 3 by notating it out as eighth tied to quarter (although if you do end up putting staccatos on them anyways, just take out a dot and replace it with a rest)
- It might look better if you use layers from m10-end (or m12-end if you prefer) for clarity instead of cramping it all together

oh yea, and also slur the grace notes

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Two main things (that are already in Zeila's post but whatever she gets to everything anyways)
- ALWAYS slur graces.
- Show beat 3 M. 8, 10, and 12: instead of dotted quarter-dotted quarter-quarter, do dotted quarter, eighth tied to quarter, quarter.
what is shitpost

braix

Updated. Should I hide some rests in measures 10-17?
Oh also the site url was old because I'm actually still used to saying "nin sheet em dot you es".

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Because your sheet is somewhat cramped at the moment, I'd hide all second layer rests myself.
Also, first measure should be a pickup measure (so that you don't have the clutzy eighth rest at the beginning).
what is shitpost

Maelstrom

Resized and respaced
I also took the liberty of making the first measure a pickup measure.
I undid what Zelia suggested with the layers. It was intended to make the song simpler to read, but just made it cluttered with rests. Not to mention, it's the same voice.

Latios212

Don't forget to fix the LH rhythms and note durations too
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

braix

Maelstrom

Behold!
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uxv5xlaplts0m96/AADfx8i1dOCsRW4QDOa_fL0xa?dl=0
Added missing notes, tidied up rests, and completely rewrote m9-end.
I also included a version with all the notes so you could see what it would look like if all the notes were included. Note that this might be a little out of date.
If you don't understand what I did, ask.

Latios212

Check OP; adding onto what Maelstrom did, fixed some misaligned notes, nudged a couple measures down a system to uncramp the first system, added Koji Kondo as a composer (original composition from OoT), and cleared the pickup since the dotted half rest looks strange, and it's easier to see how many beats there are in the measure this way. Also the other sheet has it that way.

Sign here please

x_______________
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle