News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

Amazing SNES games

Started by Ōkami~MD, April 04, 2016, 10:42:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ōkami~MD

Just recently netted myself a SNES (PAL) console, and preparing to buy games for it. Any suggestions of really good games (not including the obvious hits) that are kind of obscure but worth finding?
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
*hairflip*
FABULOUS

hello? there should be GIF here can u help me find it

Sebastian

Super Mario RPG, Super Mario World, and Earthbound are great.

JDMEK5

One I would definitely recommend is Uniracers. Had lots of fun with that one. Oh and NBA Hangtime is awesome for multiplayer.

You said no obvious hits but I just have to say that you must find Kirby Superstar as well.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

mikey

unmotivated

Nitro Indigo

I used to think most SNES games that everyone loved and talked about looked really awesome and I couldn't wait to play them... but when I finally got to play them, I found them more clunky and confusing than I expected. DX However, there is one SNES game I do like: Kirby's Dream Land 3.
...But it was never released in Europe physically, so you can't play that. Or EarthBound. Sorry about that.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

Ōkami~MD

Thanks! I'll see if I can hunt down these games for reasonable prices (hard to do nowadays XD)

As for NTSC only ones i'll just have to get virtual console  :P
*hairflip*
FABULOUS

Nitro Indigo

According to StrategyWiki, KLD3 was never released in Europe due to "localization problems", but that can't be the case because there's barely any text in the game. It was probably because it was released right at the end of the SNES' lifespan; it was the last SNES game published by Nintendo in North America.
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

Ōkami~MD

*hairflip*
FABULOUS

E. Gadd Industries

Rocky Rodent is a good platformer if you like those!
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

Mfw I help an Italian plumber fall into the abyss while he was shouting something about red coins

[close]

Ōkami~MD

Hey, thanks! Not sure if it's on PAL or not.... hope so
*hairflip*
FABULOUS

E. Gadd Industries

Oh, I didn't think about that. It's not a very well-known game, so it may be difficult to find like that.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

Mfw I help an Italian plumber fall into the abyss while he was shouting something about red coins

[close]

Altissimo

Quote from: JDMEK5 on April 04, 2016, 10:44:58 AMYou said no obvious hits but I just have to say that you must find Kirby Superstar as well.
i will literally never understand the appeal in super star, it is imo the second-worst of all the "main" kirby games (and i've played all of them except rainbow curse) (the worst is canvas curse) and dream land 3 is 100000% better

anyway
chrono trigger

Nitro Indigo

Quote from: Altissimo on April 04, 2016, 03:07:54 PMi will literally never understand the appeal in super star, it is imo the second-worst of all the "main" kirby games (and i've played all of them except rainbow curse) (the worst is canvas curse) and dream land 3 is 100000% better
*High five*
Maybe I was annoyed by the section for Kirby trophies being named "Kirby's Fun Pak" in the PAL version of Brawl, maybe I was annoyed by the gushing-filled TV Tropes page for it, but I could never get into that game. It felt way too clunky for me, the subgames lacked any real substance, and not being able to get rid of copy abilities normally is something I'll never understand. I usually buy games physically so I can sell them if I dislike them, but this one I got from Virtual Console.
Also, I've never played Canvas Curse/Power Paintbrush, but it seems to fall into the "early DS games which only magazines like" category.

Ōkami~MD

b... b.. buh... but gourmet race
*hairflip*
FABULOUS

Latios212

I'm jealous I wish I had an SNES... I love the controller.

Though I do have Kirby's Dream Collection so I have Kirby's Dream Land 3 along with some other old Kirby games. The amount of sheets we have for old Kirby games is saddening...
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle