Game: Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon
Console: Nintendo 3DS
Title: Fire Island Volcano
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Zeila

[attachment deleted by admin]

Zeila

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usuKnzJLoHU
The beginning rhythm (didgeridoo) isn't 100% exact, but if it really makes a difference then I could change it. Aside from that, I added some fingerings for m26-33, but they aren't the best so if anyone has any suggestions that would be great! If there are some playability concerns, then I could get rid of the 4ths

cashwarrior1

I think there should be a crescendo the measure before the fortissimo.

Zeila

If you mean put one before m10, there is. I placed a crescent when the repeat section starts and it's meant to be gradual throughout each ending (although that may not be the case in the mus playback)

mikey

unmotivated

JDMEK5

Wow what an awesome song. And a great arrangement!

What I have is actually a bit regarding accidentals:
-Measure 40-41: You have a lot of Gb and Ab here but yet an F# and G# in the key sig (enharmonic equivalents) so that should be a tip-off that there's a better way. I would change all Gbs and Abs to F#s and G#s respectively, and also all F naturals to E#s. The chord in the bass clef I would write using F#, B#, and D#.
-Measure 45, First Half: I would spell the Db major tonality as C# major, since it's the dominant (and theoretically sound thereby) of F# minor.
-Measure 45, Second Half, RH: I would make all F naturals E#s instead.
-Measure 48: All F naturals should be E#s.
-Measure 57: I would make the key signature Db major. From here to the end the key changes literally every measure so whether switching to a key here is even justified, I'm not sure. But if you're going to, you might as well go to the right one for the first measure.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Zeila

The Deku Trombonist

In bar 37, the F natural should be an E# (3rd of a C# major chord).

Same thing in bar 47. And the RH accidentals should match the LH harmony.

FireArrow

You're missing a voice, you don't really need to add it but there isn't too much of a reason not to. I transcribed a measure of it for you as a reference.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p64rutw3adm7urj/Fire%20Island%20Volcano.mus?dl=0
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Zeila

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on June 06, 2016, 06:14:01 PMIn bar 37, the F natural should be an E# (3rd of a C# major chord).

Same thing in bar 47. And the RH accidentals should match the LH harmony.
Done, but in m47 I put an F double sharp instead of G natural (if G natural is better then I can switch it back). In regard to the last comment, I'm not sure if m44 is actually okay

Quote from: FireArrow on June 06, 2016, 07:39:32 PMYou're missing a voice, you don't really need to add it but there isn't too much of a reason not to. I transcribed a measure of it for you as a reference.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p64rutw3adm7urj/Fire%20Island%20Volcano.mus?dl=0
Thanks for trying, but I don't think it's necessary/worth it as it would only be playable for the first 4 measures, seems out of place, and would make playing it even more difficult - especially if those notes were to be played at a different dynamic (otherwise it would be even more out of place). I guess you could argue that the (mostly) parallel 4ths aren't necessary either, but those are more noticable and I feel that they add more

FireArrow

You could always move it up an octave so the R.H. can play it and it wouldn't be much more difficult than the parallel 4ths. If you don't think the voice adds much though than just avoid it becuase it being so quiet would make it a huge pain to transcribe.

edit: I dont' know what I was thinking that's not playable at all lol
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

AwesomeYears

Hey look, I've found my new favourite song!

One comment, bar 10-13, add the quiet strings in the bass line, it feels too lonely without it :P. Other than that, I think that'll didgeridoo.