News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

[WiiU] Super Mario 3D World - "Grand Finale" by TheMarioPianist

Started by Zeta, March 28, 2016, 08:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Super Mario
Game: Super Mario 3D World
Console: Wii U
Title: Grand Finale
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: TheMarioPianist

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

TheMarioPianist

Hopefully this is a nice quick one that the updaters shouldn't have too much to worry about. Then again, what do I know? I'm only a high school music and video game enthusiast! It should be better than the 108 measure 3D World Staff Roll that I'm gonna have to finalize and submit in the future. I hope.
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Tobbeh99

Excellent arrangement!

some feedback:

-measure 7 (or 6): maybe have a dynamic before the crescendo indicating that you should start at a soft dynamic, maybe mp.

-measures 7-9: Maybe have the LH play tremolo, imitating the drum roll.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 02, 2016, 12:23:22 PMExcellent arrangement!

some feedback:

-measure 7 (or 6): maybe have a dynamic before the crescendo indicating that you should start at a soft dynamic, maybe mp.

-measures 7-9: Maybe have the LH play tremolo, imitating the drum roll.
Thanks Tobbeh! I've made the changes that you suggested, with one exception. I only did the LH tremolos for 7 and 8, because I felt that it was important to keep the individual bass notes in measure 9. Thanks again for your remarks; I appreciate it!

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Sebastian

Excellent arrangement!
One tiny thing:
Everywhere you have 2 naturals, just go ahead and hide one of them. Having 2 naturals is pointless, even if there are 2 voices.

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: Sebastian on April 07, 2016, 12:03:16 PMExcellent arrangement!
One tiny thing:
Everywhere you have 2 naturals, just go ahead and hide one of them. Having 2 naturals is pointless, even if there are 2 voices.
We found out it was just a musx -> mus conversion error, so this should be fixed now.

Notice: Since this was only an error in the .mus file, that was the only file that was updated.

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Pianist Da Sootopolis

The only advice I can give is to give a tempo marking along with a metronome marking, to really polish up your sheets.
Perhaps "Allegro Grandioso" or something of that nature.
Nicely done.
what is shitpost

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on April 07, 2016, 07:53:52 PMThe only advice I can give is to give a tempo marking along with a metronome marking, to really polish up your sheets.
Nicely done.
Funny that you mention that; I was literally just thinking about adding one of those. I'll probably have to edit something else that an updater finds; I'll put one in once I receive another list of suggestions/corrections (if there is one). Thanks!

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Zeila

This might be just a coincidence, but I noticed that the order of your files is different than everyone else's. Idk if that just happens or if you uploaded the files in the wrong slot (or if it even matters in the first place)

Other than that, if I find anything that should be fixed then I'll let you know

edit: Maybe you should put a line that connects the middle voice from m3 to m4. It sounds pretty solid though!

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: Zeila on April 07, 2016, 08:26:04 PMThis might be just a coincidence, but I noticed that the order of your files is different than everyone else's. Idk if that just happens or if you uploaded the files in the wrong slot (or if it even matters in the first place)

Other than that, if I find anything that should be fixed then I'll let you know

edit: Maybe you should put a line that connects the middle voice from m3 to m4. It sounds pretty solid though!
Huh, that's really weird. I don't remember uploading them in the wrong slots...but for whatever reason, uploading the files again fixed the order. I don't know why they were out of order before; oh well. Anyway, I will definitely add a line in once I get a chance. I'd do it now, but it's late and I just got off my computer...oh well, I'll do it tomorrow at some point. Thanks for the critique!

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

The Deku Trombonist

The order of the attachments on the post doesn't matter.

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on April 07, 2016, 07:53:52 PMThe only advice I can give is to give a tempo marking along with a metronome marking, to really polish up your sheets.
Nicely done.
Well, I just liked your tempo marking a lot because it seemed fitting for this sheet, so I decided to use it. Don't worry; I'll be a little more creative and think of my own in the future.

Quote from: Zeila on April 07, 2016, 08:26:04 PMedit: Maybe you should put a line that connects the middle voice from m3 to m4. It sounds pretty solid though!
I decided to add in a dashed line as well. I don't know if it is necessary or not, but I can always remove it later if necessary.

Files have been updated with the above changes. Anyone see anything else I can do to make this sheet better?

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Pianist Da Sootopolis

No worries, friend. You're always welcome to consult me for tempo marks ::) ;) ;D
what is shitpost

TheMarioPianist

Anything else I should/could do to improve this? I feel like there's gotta be something, whether it be an optional suggestion or a mandatory correction.

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Random question; you have the first two notes slurred in M.1, as they should be, followed by two staccatos, but then in the following measure you only have the staccatos. How come?
what is shitpost