[NDS] Pokémon Black Version & Pokémon White Version - "A Day of Beginnings" by Latios212

Started by Zeta, March 26, 2016, 09:37:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Pokémon
Game: Pokémon Black Version & Pokémon White Version
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: A Day of Beginnings
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Latios212

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Pianist Da Sootopolis

I'd put a new dynamic or expression in at M.5, since the violins are coming in.
Also, M.6; Beat 4(2), the A flat sounds like a quarter note rather than a repeated eighth.
what is shitpost

Latios212

- Sure, I can do that. How does mf sound?
- I'm pretty sure the note is re-articulated, just softly.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Pianist Da Sootopolis

- Your call. Sounds good to me.
- I don't hear it... But I'll trust your judgement. Perhaps put it in parenthesis or something?
what is shitpost

Olimar12345

I too hear the rearticulation after listening for it. Other things:

-I would suggest forte at mm.5, as you have a serious case of the "mezzos," lol. Right now it's basically saying "kind of quiet to kind of loud."
-I would recommend adding a crescendo in measure 4 leading to measure 5 (at least on the last three beats). The set-up will help it not sound sudden (subito).
-I would highly recommend that you break the tie in the LH in the last measure; the final chord sounds weird without the bass voice. The strings in the original might not actually be rearticulating there (it is ambiguous), but in this setting it would make sense to do such a thing since the piano naturally decays and is not able to sustain the pitch in the same manner as the original.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

JDMEK5

Quote from: Olimar12345 on April 25, 2016, 11:12:54 AM-I would suggest forte at mm.5, as you have a serious case of the "mezzos," lol. Right now it's basically saying "kind of quiet to kind of loud."
I concur. Be an extremist. The only real purpose of mezzo dynamics is to indicate an "in between" stage in contrast to bigger extremes (namely forte and piano). They wouldn't exist at all otherwise.

I'm not a terrorist don't be an extremist
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Latios212

Alright I see your point with the dynamics, fixed, thanks guys! And that last measure does sound a lot better now, I like.

Quote from: JDMEK5 on April 25, 2016, 06:17:57 PMI'm not a terrorist don't be an extremist
that's exactly what a - never mind

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Zeta