Game: Backyard Baseball
Console: PC
Title: Pablo Sanchez's Theme
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Altissimo

[attachment deleted by admin]

Altissimo

only THE BEST ATHLETE OF ALL TIME's theme

for the record i have never played backyard baseball so if any of my info is wrong feel free to correct

Tobbeh99

nice!

Measure 8: Use "a tempo" instead of a metronome mark.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Altissimo

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on March 27, 2016, 09:57:49 AMnice!

Measure 8: Use "a tempo" instead of a metronome mark.

actually that should be quarter = 100 (signifying when the accel stops) but i cant fix it now, on mobile

Altissimo

fixed as well as a couple other general issues (wrong rhythm in LH, missing staccatos in RH)

Th3Gavst3r

Might be a good situation to use dashed lines in too, just to be clear about how far the accel. goes

Altissimo

sounds good, i'll fix that when i have some more time later!

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Just a few things formatting wise:
- Make sure your tempo text is the same size as your metronome mark, preferably bolded
- Generally speaking, unless there's size constraints because of tons of notes, align the tempo mark vertically w/ the time signature. At least, that's what I've been told to do.
- M. 3; your trill mark is floating way off the right of the quarter note
For accents and stuff, you could just write "simile" and then hide the rest of the accents (though still keep them for playback purposes)
Arrangement looks good though!
what is shitpost

Altissimo

mikey

PABLOOOOOOOOO
my best friend had this PC game and we always played it when I went to his house
either this or butt-ugly martians
unmotivated

Altissimo

lol i never played this but my bf did and he insisted i arrange it

Th3Gavst3r

Finally got a chance to listen to this, I really used to love backyard baseball :D (Pablo is exactly as legendary as he sounds. When I was young, I once played a game with him on my team. I have yet to be forced out of the first inning. The current score is something like 500-0)

As for the music,
  • I'd use staccatissimos for the trumpet's eighth notes in measures 9, 11, and 15. It sounds to me like the player is really emphasizing the shortness there
  • In measure 11, I just cannot convince myself there are two notes leading into that theme. I hear the thing below, but I guess I can't prove it lol
  • In measure 12, there's some sort of tuplet thing going on but I think it's just natural expression and hard to notate. I took a picture of the best I can figure :/

Altissimo

Quote from: Th3Gavst3r on March 27, 2016, 07:47:56 PMFinally got a chance to listen to this, I really used to love backyard baseball :D (Pablo is exactly as legendary as he sounds. When I was young, I once played a game with him on my team. I have yet to be forced out of the first inning. The current score is something like 500-0)

I was heavily tempted to title the arrangement - which, as far as I know, doesn't have an "official" name - "Secret Weapon" or "Pablo 'Secret Weapon' Sanchez" lmao

QuoteAs for the music,
  • I'd use staccatissimos for the trumpet's eighth notes in measures 9, 11, and 15. It sounds to me like the player is really emphasizing the shortness there
  • In measure 11, I just cannot convince myself there are two notes leading into that theme. I hear the thing below, but I guess I can't prove it lol

Fixed the first, and you're right about the second. I was hearing a ghost note. It doesn't fit with the sixteenths for the other parts though so >:/ ew

• In measure 12, there's some sort of tuplet thing going on but I think it's just natural expression and hard to notate. I took a picture of the best I can figure :/

hrngggg but that's just so much harder to read and play ._. i dont really know what to do about that

Th3Gavst3r

Quote from: Altissimo on March 27, 2016, 08:14:45 PMhrngggg but that's just so much harder to read and play ._. i dont really know what to do about that

Yeah I've been listening to that one measure for way too long. The worst part is, I can't even think of a helpful comment that would tell the player what to do. I don't think "Triplet this, bro." would work lol

Altissimo

maybe something like "out of time" and let the player interpret? idk. i asked Ben to take a look though