WaluigiTime64's Arrangements: [RHF] Remix 10 (because special occasion idk)

Started by WaluigiTime64, March 17, 2016, 04:10:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guess what?

Yes.
No.
What?
I don't care.
Guess what?
Exactly.

WaluigiTime64

Makes me want to fix up Chen's battle theme (Daio Ye Zong ~ Withered Leaf) sooner.

Touhou 7: Perfect Cherry Blossom:
 - The Fantastic Legend of Tohno: MUS

Uh... Ignore the random pedal markings on the side...
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

WaluigiTime64

I usually don't arrange really short songs like these ones.

DuckTales:
 - Magic Coin: MUS
 - Land Clear: MUS
 - Life Lost: MUS
 - Game Over: MUS

Yeah, 4 sheets in one. "Life Lost" is now the shortest song I've arranged.
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

WaluigiTime64

That 5/4 though.

Touhou 11: Subterranean Animism:
 - Hellfire Mantle: MUS

This song does a great job atmospherically, considering the generic situation you're in when this plays. The 5/4 beat is 2+3, instead of 3+2, which is wierd.

WaluigiTime64

Surprise! A Mega Man sheet!

Mega Man 10:
 - Get the Punk Out (Special Stage 2): MUS

I'd love to say this is my favourite Mega Man Killer theme, but they're all so great...

I should probably go back on my old Mega Man arrangements too.

WaluigiTime64

Rest in peace OP.

So, that was a thing. A big thing. One that I certainly couldn't do without the help of many people. I would like to thank everyone who has helped me become a better arranger, giving me feedback and explaining different parts of music theory. All of you are an important part of who I am now, and I'm extremely grateful.

Now, out of all arrangers who have helped me, I want to personally and sincerely thank Sebastian, who helped the most out of any arranger. He taught me so many valuable things about arranging, and is the main reason this project was possible. His kind attitude and teaching skills are truly admirable. I can't thank him enough for helping me learn how to arrange better, higher quality sheets, and I can't thank him enough for making this project one of the most enjoyable and valuable experiences I've ever had.

Well I'm rambling on about stuff lol. I can't express my appreciation enough to satisfy myself. I'll get back to standard arranging tomorrow... or in 4 hours or so. I was in the middle of arranging something when the update happened, so expect... uh... something.

EDIT: "Rest in the peace OP"? What on Ear- this is why you don't make posts at 6 in the morning.

E. Gadd Industries

*scrolls down to see list of DK64 sheets* AUGH!!! MY EYES!!!
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on August 13, 2016, 08:20:49 PM*scrolls down to see list of DK64 sheets* AUGH!!! MY EYES!!!
Yeah, sorry. Lime is just the "successful" colour.

Touhou 11: Subterranean Animism:
 - Hartmann's Youkai Girl: MUS

Legitimately forgot to post this. At least that gave me time to fix it up a bit.

I also fixed up the statistics a bit, because I thought I got some things wrong. The only real thing I got wrong was the "console with the most sheets", which is the N64 at 73, not 74. I'm unsure of the "longest arrangement" one, and it would require me going through a whole bunch of my sheets to find it, and I'm lazy, so that's not happening any time soon. However, I do plan on fixing my sheets very soon, because I'm very close to the 150 milestone (thanks to the DK64 update making me miss the 100 milestone by a landslide), and those older sheets need fixing badly, so expect that pretty soon.

WaluigiTime64

The start and end of this song was rather hard to figure out at first lol.

Mega Man 10:
 - Endless Struggle (Endless Stage): MUS

Funny story I had with this song: I was doing an assignment, and so I decided to play this. After half an hour, I immediately switched to "Against the Pressure". After that I edited my almost-finished product with "Final Battle" playing. It's just how the order went, and I found it hilarious.

WaluigiTime64

Well then.

DuckTales:
 - Moon: MUS

Time to celebrate a new milestone. My arrangement thread now has 150 arrangements!... give or take. The stupid DK64 drama has toyed around with the numbers a lot, and that's really annoying, but I don't care about it at this particular moment, because right now I'm celebrating 150 arrangements, and what better song to celebrate with than this one? As overrated as it is, it's still an amazing song, and my favourite from this game (I especially love the Remastered version).

From now until quite a while from now, I'll be fixing up my old sheets, and cringing. Lots of cringing. I'm still not a great arranger, but I'm a hell of a lot better than what I was when I made those.

Anyway, thank you, to all of you who actually listen to these arrangements, to those who give feedback and help me, my inability to prioritise, the composers of the original songs, my house, Coles-brand sliced cheese, and of course, the Moon. I'm feeling a bit lazy right now, I just had 3 assessment tasks in one week, and I'm rather exhausted.

Fin~

WaluigiTime64

The first fix:

- A Maiden's Illusionary Funeral ~ Necro-Fantasy: FIX

Originally I thought that it was going to be a simple fix, because it didn't seem that bad. Then I ended up re-arranging the ENTIRE THING because it was that bad. Seriously, I don't know how I screwed it up that much. The key signatures were off, screwing up the basslines with them, and it was missing many notes and some of the trumpet parts had incorrect notes.

I couldn't be extremely creative with the arrangement (especially the middle part. It opened itself up, but didn't let me do much with it), so it's more "transcription" than "arrangement". I also removed the tremolos, because:
 > They're hard to play.
 > They just sound bad for a piano arrangement.
 > NOTEPAD
I don't know why I started with this particular song, but I did, and it doesn't really matter.

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on August 10, 2016, 02:51:25 AMMakes me want to fix up Chen's battle theme (Daio Ye Zong ~ Withered Leaf) sooner.
Well here it is.

- Diao Ye Zong (Withered Leaf): FIX

Things that were wrong in the original:
 - Missing a lot of voices that could have been there.
 - Tempo is 147, not 140.
 - Middle section was far too bland.

All of those things have been fixed. This didn't need a complete rearrangement, so I didn't do that, but this fix should be good enough.

COLUMNS

ANY PDFS ON ALL OF THE  DUCKTALES THEMES DONT HAVE A FINALE :-[

WaluigiTime64

[ZIP] Have a nice day.
If you want the "Remastered" ones too, let me know.

Also, some (almost) unnecessary updates on 2 sheets:

DuckTales:
 - African Mines: MUS
 - Transylvania: MUS

Updates with African Mines:
 > Key signature was E Minor.
 > Now in landscape orientation.

Updates with Transylvania:
 > Fixed measure distribution to prevent pointless pages.
 > Made room for "Piano" and "Pno.".

WaluigiTime64

Well I've been distracted by two things, one of which being this:

Touhou 12: Undefined Fantastic Object:
 - Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind: MUS

Originally I didn't really like this song as much as other Stage 6 themes, but it just grew on me after a while. It ended up getting stuck in my head for a really long time, so I finally decided to arrange it. I tried my hardest to make this arrangement look as good as possible, but you know Finale NotePad...

I'll get back to fixing up my older arrangements soon, and uh... OH RIGHT THE DK64 PROJECT... actually I'm getting less enthusiastic about that. I'm still going to try and get it done, so I haven't completely given up, but I'm just a bit done with all of the stuff that happened around it. I just want to arrange, and that's what I'll do.

WaluigiTime64

Nevermind I'm gonna keep distracting myself.

Touhou 13: Ten Desires:
 - Futatsuiwa from Sado: MUS

My first arrangement from Ten Desires, and probably the only one, ever. I can just about think of one other song from the game which really stands out to me, because nothing else peaked my interest when I played it. This song however, is so damn catchy. It wouldn't get out of my head, and that was straight after Emotional Skyscraper. Definitely one of my favourite Extra Stage themes.