WaluigiTime64's Arrangements: [RHF] Remix 10 (because special occasion idk)

Started by WaluigiTime64, March 17, 2016, 04:10:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guess what?

Yes.
No.
What?
I don't care.
Guess what?
Exactly.

WaluigiTime64

BECAUSE I LIKE THE SHIP AESTHETIC. (ANCHORS!!!)

Touhou 12: Undefined Fantastic Object:
 - Captain Murasa: MUS

I hate that last measure. It just sticks out like a sore thumb. Nothing I can do about it though (because NOTEPAD). This is my first UFO arrangement, and I might do more, but some of the really good (and memorable) songs have those stupidly fast basslines that I'll have to simplify.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

WaluigiTime64

Actually EoSD honestly didn't have that great of a soundtrack. Regardless:

Touhou 6: Embodiment of Scarlet Devil:
 - Locked Girl ~ The Girl's Secret Room: MUS

One thing I hate about arranging from this game, is that the songs are around half a semitone higher/lower than standard music. This makes figuring out notes incredibly difficult. An explanation for the lack of EoSD sheet on the thread (besides the soundtrack not being that great anyway). Here's an example of what I mean by this.
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

WaluigiTime64

Favourite main menu theme in the series.

Touhou 10.5: Scarlet Weather Rhapsody:
 - Sky of Scarlet Perception: MUS

This took a while because of formatting for the sustain pedal. I'd love to have more songs with it (I actually have another one ready right now!), but the formatting process is annoying for a NotePad user. Same goes with Swing, particularly 16th Swing.

Also 75 arrangement milestone yay

WaluigiTime64

Ugh. NOTEPAD.

Touhou 11: Subterranean Animism:
 - Lullaby of a Deserted Hell: MUS

This is such a nice song, and it's an especially calm song for a 5th Stage. Sadly NOTEPAD gets in they way of a nice-looking arrangement. Seriously, 9 measures in a single system? NotePad makes me cringe sometimes.

FireArrow

I'd try to be more creative with recreating this piece. While it's not wrong, melody + repeated chords is rather boring for something that has a lot of potential.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

WaluigiTime64

Yeah, I'll probably try something like adding the extremely quiet bassline into the parts with faster drumlines or something. There's really not that much to work with here, without going completely overboard (throwing playability out the window), but I see what you mean, and I'll definitely try doing something about it.

WaluigiTime64

Ok, I messed around a bit with that other arrangement, adding a Pedal section and what-not, but I also have something new:

Touhou 12: Undefined Fantastic Object:
 - A Shadow in the Blue Sky: MUS

There was just something about this Main Menu theme which made me want to arrange it. I still suck at the game though (Stage 6, so close!).

WaluigiTime64

Next little project thing I'm attempting. Shouldn't be nearly as hard as the last one.

DuckTales:
 - Transylvania: MUS

Yeah, I plan on arranging the DuckTales (NES) soundtrack. The remastered versions of these songs won't get out of my head, and I don't have the talent to arrange those, so I'll just arrange the classic NES versions.

WaluigiTime64

At first I didn't appreciate this theme very much. I've changed my mind a bit.

DuckTales:
 - African Mines: MUS

This song is actually quite catchy! The bassline in the latter half was hell to figure out though. I wouldn't be surprised if I got something wrong.

WaluigiTime64

I couldn't help myself.

DuckTales: Remastered:
 - Mount Vesuvius (8-Bit): MUS

I'll also do the 8-bit version of "Money Bin" (unless I get really lazy).

WaluigiTime64

It's been a while.

DuckTales:
 - The Himalayas: MUS

Well, it hasn't been that long, but it has been 5-6 days, which I consider a reasonable gap. You all know I'm a bit busy with the Donkey Kong 64 sheets right now, so the arranging rate here will slow down for a while (until there's basically no DK64 sheets left to do). Also I won't add those DK64 sheets onto my arrangement thread until the project comes to a close, just so I have a less of a chance of flying past the 100 milestone by a ridiculous amount. At this point I might pass over the 150 mark too!

Now about the arrangement I just posted: I absolutely hated arranging that middle part. It was painful on the ears to listen to and the notes were really hard to figure out. I won't be surprised when I'm told I got several notes wrong.

WaluigiTime64

The best time to arrange is ALL THE TIME.

DuckTales: Remastered:
 - Money Bin (8-Bit): MUS

This song is so catchy and I love it. One of my personal favourites from Remastered, and I really couldn't wait to arrange this.

WaluigiTime64

Oh Finale NotePad, how I hate you so, so much.

Touhou 11: Subterranean Animism:
 - The Sealed-Away Youkai ~ Lost Place: MUS

I was messing around with MuseScore, seeing what I could do about measure sizes, etc. I ended up making a sheet which had everything a NinSheetMusic-formatted sheet would require. Sadly however, after exporting it did what it usually does, and cancelled out almost every thing I fixed up. At least a few things still remain:

- Space for the word "Piano" and "Pno.".
 - The sizes of the measures and their distribution are intact.
 - SOME text. The mini-titles and page numbers are gone, as well as measure numbers.
 - The system distribution.

Pretty much everything else disappeared. I get a strong feeling that Finale NotePad is intentionally designed this way.

However, because of those things that still remain, this sheet looks a lot better than plenty of my older ones. Hell, it might as well be one of my best ones! At least I'm improving. I decided to be a bit more creative, which was something I was lacking before. I might have to go back on all of my older ones, but before that, I have to arrange more DuckTales! That's coming soon (probably tomorrow or something, we'll see how we go).

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on August 08, 2016, 01:18:24 AMI have to arrange more DuckTales! That's coming soon (probably tomorrow or something, we'll see how we go).
Lol nevermind.

DuckTales:
 - Gyro's Flying Machine: MUS

I've seen this be called "Back to Duckburg" as well, so I'm wondering what the official name for this song is.

WaluigiTime64

Surprise! Two arrangements in the same update!

DuckTales:
 - Boss Battle: MUS
 - Title Theme: MUS

Now that's what I wanted to use that update setup for.

About "Boss Battle": I had to remove some of the second voice, for playability reasons.

About "Title Theme": It's in submissions right now.