WaluigiTime64's Arrangements: [RHF] Remix 10 (because special occasion idk)

Started by WaluigiTime64, March 17, 2016, 04:10:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guess what?

Yes.
No.
What?
I don't care.
Guess what?
Exactly.

WaluigiTime64

Of course I couldn't possibly go without arranging a song on the weekend.

Touhou 10.5: Scarlet Weather Rhapsody:
 - Usual Days: MUS

You know, I actually just realised how pointless my formatting for posting a new arrangement is, because it makes it look as if there could be more than one arrangement posted at a time, something I've never done before, and probably won't for a while.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

WaluigiTime64

I haven't posted in a while, but don't worry, I'm not dead or anything. I don't have anything to upload right now, because I haven't been arranging too much. I haven't been in the mood in a while, but I think I'll be good for the weekend. I've actually been doing other things, such as composing (not that great at it though), and I might create a thread for my miscellaneous scores, so there's that potentially happening.

Also Gloomy Galleon is now added to the list of "Coming Soon" arrangements, so that's another thing to look forward to I guess.
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

WaluigiTime64

Yeah, still not in the mood to arrange something new (As in, not Donkey Kong 64, because I've been piling those up recently), I know, and eventually I'll get back into the swing of things, but for now I'll just edit existing ones and make things like this:

Touhou 12.3: Unthinkable Natural Law:
 - Beloved Tomboyish Girl: MUS

Yeah, just a single piano arrangement of "Beloved Tomboyish Girl", because I thought it wouldn't be too hard, and I was right in assuming that. The bassline is quite simplified though, because the original one goes all over the place, but I guess it just makes it easier to play. As I said, I might start arranging new things soon, I just need to wait until I start feeling up to it again.

WaluigiTime64

After one hell of an assessment week, I've finally arranged something else.

Touhou 7: Perfect Cherry Blossom:
 - A Maiden's Illusionary Funeral ~ Necro-Fantasy: MUS

A nice song, but extremely overshadowed by "Necrofantasia", which is kind of sad. I did simplify the bassline a bit, because otherwise it would by semiquavers everywhere, at 170 bpm, which isn't fun.

Well, I'll probably be arranging more from now, considering that I have more free time.

EDIT: I don't know why I referred to Perfect Cherry Blossom as "Touhou 6". It's "Touhou 7".

WaluigiTime64

Well, with more time on my hands, I can produce more arrangements. This one was pretty simple, apart from the chords (darn those things).

- Hiroari Shoots a Strange Bird ~ Till When?: MUS

Still such a strange title for a song. This song isn't that interesting to be honest. It's just a short intro, a section of fast notes, and then the main melody, which just constantly repeats 3 different key signatures. This isn't formatted, because formatting it would require me to request a fix, which would be my 3rd in a row.

But wait, another one!

Chameleon Twist 2:
 - Toy Land: MUS

But nobody cares, because I don't know anyone who's played this game. It's a good song too.

WaluigiTime64

Hey look! A non-Touhou arrangement that isn't ridiculously obscure!

Mega Man 9:
 - Concrete Jungle: MUS

Naturally I had to simplify some parts, because the middle voice goes all over the place.

WaluigiTime64

I don't know what thoughts are about fan-games, but I just really like this song and it comes from my favourite Mega Man fan-game.

Mega Man: Rock Force:
 - Terror Man: MUS

Even if it can't be submitted for the site, I'll keep it here. Maybe someone will want to play it? I don't know.

WaluigiTime64

After spending Monday to Thursday trying to beat Suwako, I have now levelled up from "Scrub" (I still only use Homing Amulet though).

Touhou 10: Mountain of Faith:
 - Native Faith: MUS

This is another "Don't play this, ever" arrangements, and I'll simplify it later, but for now I'll leave it as it is. It's also not formatted yet. I'll get to that soon.

Onionleaf

Woo, lots of great new arrangements, way to go on finishing them so quickly. :) They all sound good to me, and don't require too much formatting and changing. That last one you uploaded should be fairly easy to simplify, just keep the topmost notes in the right hand (with some occasional harmonies, like those from m. 15 until the next double barline) and it will become much much easier to play.

Just a quick tip: With a rhythm composed of two dotted eighths followed by an eighth, the third beat needs to be shown so some beaming will be necessary. This way, it becomes easier for the performer to read the music.

(Before & After)

Also, if two eighth notes are automatically beamed together, then there is no need for a tie and you can replace the two tied eighths with a quarter note (I have taken the example from "Concrete Jungle").

Best of luck with fixing up your older arrangements! I, too, need to get that done at some stage (maybe next month... maybe).

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: Onionleaf on June 03, 2016, 03:32:10 AMWoo, lots of great new arrangements, way to go on finishing them so quickly. :)

Thanks! I like to keep a fast but steady rate of arrangements.

Quote from: Onionleaf on June 03, 2016, 03:32:10 AMThat last one you uploaded should be fairly easy to simplify, just keep the topmost notes in the right hand (with some occasional harmonies, like those from m. 15 until the next double barline) and it will become much much easier to play.

Yeah, I don't think it'll be too hard to simplify that song. At the same time, it would feel weird without some of the chords, but playability is a major concern.

Quote from: Onionleaf on June 03, 2016, 03:32:10 AMWith a rhythm composed of two dotted eighths followed by an eighth, the third beat needs to be shown so some beaming will be necessary. This way, it becomes easier for the performer to read the music.
Quote from: Onionleaf on June 03, 2016, 03:32:10 AMAlso, if two eighth notes are automatically beamed together, then there is no need for a tie and you can replace the two tied eighths with a quarter note.

Thanks for the tips! I've been confused about beaming lately, so it's nice to have clear answers, with examples.

Quote from: Onionleaf on June 03, 2016, 03:32:10 AMBest of luck with fixing up your older arrangements! I, too, need to get that done at some stage (maybe next month... maybe).

Yeah, I should fix up my older arrangements soon. (It's mainly the beaming, so I'll have fun with that) Thanks for the advice!

WaluigiTime64

Speaking of really fast upload rates:

- Diao Ye Zong (Withered Leaf): MUS

I need to find some way to make this arrangement a bit more interesting. It's just so empty.

Also HONK

WaluigiTime64

With. Balls.

Touhou 14.5: Urban Legend in Limbo:
 - An Everyday Life with Balls: MUS

The title is supposed to have more meaning, but they could've phrased it a lot better. The comments section for that video was a fun read though. Also you could compare "With Balls" with "& Knuckles", which is absolutely brilliant.

WaluigiTime64

I should be asleep right now.

- Lunatic Eyes ~ Invisible Full Moon: MUS

I'm too tired to make a comment right now.

WaluigiTime64

This is the only reasonable in-battle theme I felt like arranging.

- Fragrant Plants: MUS

This looks a lot better than most of my other arrangements, so I'm quite proud of it. I think I'm showing some improvement from when I started, which is nice to see! For a while I didn't think I was going too far with arranging, but seeing this improvement makes me realise I'm not completely bad at this.

WaluigiTime64

Back with more stuff:

Touhou 11: Subterranean Animism:
 - Corpse Voyage ~ Be of Good Cheer!: MUS

There's a lot of contrast in the title, on either side of the "~". On one side you have "Corpse Voyage", which doesn't sound very pleasant, and on the other side you have "Be of Good Cheer!", with an exclamation mark no less. Fun to arrange regardless.

EDIT: Whoops, messed up the beaming on two measures. Fixed.