WaluigiTime64's Arrangements: [RHF] Remix 10 (because special occasion idk)

Started by WaluigiTime64, March 17, 2016, 04:10:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guess what?

Yes.
No.
What?
I don't care.
Guess what?
Exactly.

Static

I've been meaning to post something on here for a long time; your Touhou arrangements in particular are fantastic imo.

Anyway, Old Yuanxian is one of my favorite themes from th13, and I really like what you did with it!

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: Static on November 08, 2016, 05:38:44 PMI've been meaning to post something on here for a long time; your Touhou arrangements in particular are fantastic imo.
Thank you so much! I always try to get the feel of every Touhou song in each arrangement, and considering I've done so many of them, I think can usually get that down pretty well.

Quote from: Static on November 08, 2016, 05:38:44 PMAnyway, Old Yuanxian is one of my favorite themes from th13,
Good taste.

Quote from: Static on November 08, 2016, 05:38:44 PMand I really like what you did with it!
Thanks again! I always try to be creative with these arrangements, and I'm glad that it's working out.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

WaluigiTime64

I should really get on with fixing these old arrangements. I just get distracted:

Touhou 10.5: Scarlet Weather Rhapsody:
 - Drunk as I Like: MUS ORIGINAL

Looking back at things, it's been around 5 months since I first arranged this song. Things have changed quite a lot since.

Anyway, there were a few changes in this arrangement from the old one. Particularly the revamped bassline, but also some changed chord progressions, a single note I got wrong in the melody, some beaming, additional articulations, and some other stuff (I think). I've been adding tempo markings into my more recent arrangements, and I plan on continuing that for the rest of them, including fixes.

Also about that shakuhachi/weird flute thing in later parts of the song: I simply couldn't add it in and keep it playable and the melody discernable at the same time, because the notes continuously clash. Oh well.
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

WaluigiTime64

Onto fixing the arrangements I actually labelled red:

Touhou 10: Mountain of Faith:
 - Road of the Apotropaic God ~ Dark Road: MUS ORIGINAL

There's something special about MoF's Stage 2. It's the combination of just about everything within the stage that makes it great, including the music. This is probably my favourite Stage 2 theme, next to "Song of the Night Sparrow ~ Night Bird". Anyway, I tried to make this arrangement fit the feel, but it was really hard to figure out the chord progressions, mainly because the bass guitar(s?) just went all over the place, not in a fast sense, but simply a strange set of chords.

The best thing in the whole stage however, is Hina Kagiyama.

WaluigiTime64

Just a quick one:

Touhou 11: Subterranean Animism:
 - Awakening of the Earth Spirits: MUS ORIGINAL

I added reverb to make it more cave-like, and it'll be one of the only times I'll use reverb in my arrangements. I should arrange more title screen themes.

WaluigiTime64

More:

Touhou 13: Ten Desires:
 - Ghost Lead: MUS ORIGINAL

What I like about this song is that it actually sounds like someone not trying very hard. Maybe I should simplify the arrangement to suit that.

WaluigiTime64

Now that Dropbox has fixed itself:

Touhou 12.3: Unthinkable Natural Law:
 - Memory of Forgathering Dream: MUS ORIGINAL

This song is a strange kind of chill. It's got some energy in it, but it's serene nonetheless.

I haven't actually done anything besides arranging all morning. It's 10am and I haven't even eaten breakfast. Nice to be back into the swing of things.

WaluigiTime64

4 hours later:

Touhou 9: Phantasmagoria of Flower View:
 - Eastern Judgement in the Sixtieth Year ~ Fate of Sixty Years: MUS ORIGINAL

The title isn't the only long thing about the song. It goes on for a full 4:08, making it the longest arrangement I have made thus far. Also beats out two other arrangements for the most pages (11, formerly 10). I tried to make it not seem as though I got lazy at the end, hopefully that worked out well. I'll get back to shorter arrangements/fixing old arrangements soon (after I restart my computer, because there's a strange bug with the volume keys).

The song is sometimes refered to as "Touhou Judgement in the Sixtieth Year", which I don't feel is quite correct.

WaluigiTime64

<insert joke about occult balls here>:

Touhou 14.5: Urban Legend in Limbo:
 - Occult à la Carte: MUS ORIGINAL

There's something about this song that I just like for some reason. Probably the fast accordion at the end.

WaluigiTime64

Another old sheet fix:

Touhou 8: Imperishable Night:
 - Love-Coloured Master Spark: MUS ORIGINAL

Fun fact: This was the first Touhou song I ever arranged. I didn't upload it until I fixed the bassline, but it is the first. It was back when I was still a scrub at Normal Mode Touhou lol. I would only play Imperishable Night back then.

A common problem I have with arranging Touhou songs is making them feel fast and being playable at the same time. As you'd expect, it was a major issue with this particular one. I think I've managed to nail it on this one, by using the beat as a guide.

A problem with the original arrangement was the transition from the F#m section to the Gm section. I decided to be really creative with that, along with adding the fading out piano. Another issue was repetitiveness, particularly in the slower part of the F#m section, which is also fixed. I would go on, but there's quite a lot. That's the difference several months can make.

WaluigiTime64

I should be going to bed right now:

Touhou 8: Imperishable Night:
 - Maiden's Capriccio ~ Dream Battle: MUS ORIGINAL

I've always wanted to arrange this, so I thought that now would be a good time to do so. I wish I could get the full feel of certain sections, but they have so much going on that I couldn't get everything in the arrangement. Also gotta love NotePad's ritardando. Slows it just a bit too much.

WaluigiTime64

Sorry, I was busy doing other things, like being sad (no context will be given):

Mega Man 8:
 - Clown Man Stage: MUS ORIGINAL

Surprise! A Mega Man 8 sheet! But before you say "what is Mega Man 8?"...

Too bad no one cares about Mega Man 8. I might arrange some more songs from it.

WaluigiTime64

AmpharosAndy

Waluigi Pinball is my favourite Mariokart theme and you have done it justice, my friend! I'm aware that it's the SSBB version but still...
innit

E. Gadd Industries

"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]