Console: Multiplatform
Title: Begin Again
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Pianist Da Sootopolis

[attachment deleted by admin]

Pianist Da Sootopolis

what is shitpost

E. Gadd Industries

I haven't forgotten, just been busy. I've managed to listen to the song, but haven't been able to properly analyze the sheet music yet. Once I finish my science hw, I'll analyze it.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Pianist Da Sootopolis

E Gadd and I went over some note value stuff, and got it all beamed correctly.
OP is updated with the correct corresponding files.

EDIT: Also got rid of all the slurs in the LH and marked it "Sempre Legato", and added parenthesis around the shared G# in M. 2
what is shitpost

Tobbeh99

I'd make the last system into a 2 measure-system. It looks very stretched out with only 1 measure on a system.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Zeila

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on March 13, 2016, 03:09:26 PMI'd make the last system into a 2 measure-system. It looks very stretched out with only 1 measure on a system.
I think you could also just shorten the system half way. Whichever works out best

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Fixed the last page's system issues; I now have 3 systems; a standard 4 measure system, then a 3 measure system followed by a 2 measure system. Looks much better now.
I also fixed places where there were some missing measures.
what is shitpost

Pianist Da Sootopolis

what is shitpost

Latios212

Quick suggestions while I'm still awake:
- Flip the bottom layer so stems face down, and top layer so stems face up. That way there's less confusion on which notes belong to which layer. (Measures 2 and 4.)
- Extend slurs to the last tied note. You have this done already in some places (like 1), but not others (like 17).
- What exactly are you trying to communicate with the cross-staff lines in 15? I'm confused, though it may just be that I'm tired.
- I'd suggest adjusting the measures per system past 16. 6 measures is far more cramped than the rest of page 1 and the last two systems have far too much space. Tweak to your liking.
- Just an organizational thing: you should name your files after the sheet title. PDF.pdf is redundant and it's impossible to know what sheet it is without opening it. (It gave me quite a hassle while going through multiple versions of your Groudon sheet lol.)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: Latios212 on April 03, 2016, 09:41:47 PMQuick suggestions while I'm still awake:
- Flip the bottom layer so stems face down, and top layer so stems face up. That way there's less confusion on which notes belong to which layer. (Measures 2 and 4.)
Fixed.
Quote- Extend slurs to the last tied note. You have this done already in some places (like 1), but not others (like 17).
This actually was the case in M. 17, but due to the slur being smushed in with the tie, it looked like one mark. Fixed.
Quote- What exactly are you trying to communicate with the cross-staff lines in 15? I'm confused, though it may just be that I'm tired.
The melody resolves to an A, then goes to a G sharp that is part of the accompaniment as well, albeit somewhat subtly (you have to listen for it a bit).
Quote- I'd suggest adjusting the measures per system past 16. 6 measures is far more cramped than the rest of page 1 and the last two systems have far too much space. Tweak to your liking.
Set the entire thing to 4. Not sure why I didn't do this before. Fixed.
Quote- Just an organizational thing: you should name your files after the sheet title. PDF.pdf is redundant and it's impossible to know what sheet it is without opening it. (It gave me quite a hassle while going through multiple versions of your Groudon sheet lol.)
This came about as a result of the way I organized the files on my computer, but I've changed it now for this sheet and will make sure to do so for all future sheets.
Thanks for the feedback! OP Updated.
what is shitpost

Latios212

Quote from: Latios212 on April 03, 2016, 09:41:47 PM- Extend slurs to the last tied note.
Check again; you have a bunch of other places where this doesn't happen. Also, try and be consistent with your slurs. You have some sixteenth notes slurred, and others not. Is there a reason why?

About m. 15: I don't hear the G# in the melody after a couple of listens but the thing that threw me off was that you still have the A on the top staff that's tied to beat 2. It's unclear if the melody is supposed to hold the A or descend to the G#.

Also this.
Quote from: Latios212 on April 03, 2016, 09:41:47 PMQuick suggestions while I'm still awake:
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Checking these off as I go.
Quote from: Latios212 on April 05, 2016, 08:01:42 PMCheck again; you have a bunch of other places where this doesn't happen. Also, try and be consistent with your slurs. You have some sixteenth notes slurred, and others not. Is there a reason why?
Fixed both.
QuoteAbout m. 15: I don't hear the G# in the melody after a couple of listens but the thing that threw me off was that you still have the A on the top staff that's tied to beat 2. It's unclear if the melody is supposed to hold the A or descend to the G#.
Got rid of the tied "A".
QuoteAlso this.
I did..

M. 2:
Layer 1: Up
Layer 2: Down

M. 4:
Layer 1: Up
Layer 2: Down

Files have been updated accordingly.
what is shitpost