Series: Kirby
Game: Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
Console: Game Boy Advance
Title: Candy Constellation
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Altissimo

[attachment deleted by admin]

Altissimo

I've also been sitting on this for far too long lol. I'm not so sure it's complete? But I also don't know what else I can do.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Altissimo

I think I did that because it doesn't sound like 2 bars of 4/4 at all but you might have a point

Zeila

Pretty sure m30/31 is (A, C#) (B, D) (A, C#) (E, A) (C#, E) / (D, F) (lowest, highest). Also at m35, there should be an F on beat 4

There might be some other glitches, but it sounds neat. Nicely done!

Pianist Da Sootopolis

I second the 5/4-3/4 condensation recommendation. It's slightly unpulsed, but that's kinda the nature of the opening anyways.
One other quick thought: At M. 20 with the flute part, you might consider a different dynamic :) Just a thought.

Cheers! Nice work!
what is shitpost

Altissimo

JDMEK5

Cool beans. Sounds good.

Measures 2-3: I would just hide all 3 half rests here cuz they aren't really needed. They just take up space on the page. Removing things like them make the sheet look cleaner.
Measures 20 & 24, RH: Don't use dotted rests unless you're in a compound (or hybrid) time signature. For this, split them up in accordance with their beat values.
Measure 23, RH: You have two naturals. Fix that.
Measure 27: Just a small thing but pull the end of the crescendo back a bit so it isn't touching the barline. Crescendos are supposed to be open-ended triangles.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Random suggestion: fingerings for the thirds (except for the beginning because that can be taken w/ both hands), in places like the final bar, or m. 24-26
what is shitpost

Altissimo

Most of the time I don't do fingerings since I've always been a proponent of "do what feels most comfortable" hehe. Personally I'd end up doing the run before the repeat with like 1 + 3 all the way up because my technique is horrible and I don't know what would be necessarily easier?

Latios212

Quick visual things:
- Arranger isn't right aligned.
- I'd flip m.2 beat 3 RH.
- Move the rests back onto the staff in m.3, LH.
- The dynamic is touching the note in m.4. You could also try moving the staccato above the note.
- You've got an extra natural in m.23.

You also might want to consider using 8vb in m.19.

Besides that, everything seems to be pretty in order, nice job!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Sorry, I forgot to come back to this!
Insofar as fingering is concerned, at M. 24-26, I'd go (in this order):

(2-4)-(3-5)-(1-3)-(2-4)-(2-4)-(1-3)-(2-4 finger substitution to 1-3 since you have time)-(2-4)-(1-3)-(2-4) etc.
Let me know if you'd like me to write the whole thing out, I'm just away from my piano atm (been doing this on my desk lmfao)
what is shitpost