News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

Nintendo @ E3 2016

Started by DonValentino, March 04, 2016, 02:27:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

If the NX does use Blu Ray, that still doesn't necessarily mean it can play Blu Ray movies.  It would have to be formatted the same way the movies are or something like that, which probably won't happen
unmotivated

cashwarrior1

Ōkami~MD

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
*hairflip*
FABULOUS

hello? there should be GIF here can u help me find it

MaestroUGC

The general worry of "people who don't have plastic but have cash thing can't buy digital media" is general garbage. For one, there's a large, long-term shift happening where more, if not most, transactions are happening digitally today. And for another, you can always use said cash to get play-money for whatever medium you want; so if kids want to spend their birthday money downloading games, they can and largely do these days.

Also, while I like the assurance of physical media, I only have some much storage space and already have a sizable library of physical media anyway. I'm all for downloading stuff these days cause I can just get external drives that are just as portable and can carry so much more than a CD jacket with all my games. The downside of physical media is if it breaks or gets lost for any reason you're largely out of luck.  Most digital stores will allow you to re-download lost titles anyway. Granted some of them you need to jump through some hoops for, but it's easier to make a phone call or send an e-mail than shell out more money rebuying a game. The only upside to physical media is collectible items, but I typically don't buy those anyway.

My big hope is that the NX will be able to do my taxes and act as a financial and legal council.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

cashwarrior1

Quote from: MaestroUGC on April 07, 2016, 03:06:57 PMMy big hope is that the NX will be able to do my taxes and act as a financial and legal council.
Sue Nintendo if it doesn't

KefkaticFanatic

Wii U discs are already a 25GB capacity (same as single layer blu-ray), though some weirdo Panasonic proprietary format.  I am guessing they'll stick with that since they clearly have no interest in paying royalties if they want to develop their own thing just to dodge it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_optical_discs#Wii_U_Optical_Disc

me irl
[close]

mikey

ah, so what I said wasn't inaccurate.  *relieved sigh*
unmotivated

Ōkami~MD

Probably unlike but they did develoop their own cart system for the NES to be better than other things so they clearly have the will to do it if it seems                    pro-fit-a-ble
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
*hairflip*
FABULOUS

hello? there should be GIF here can u help me find it

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 07, 2016, 01:03:36 PMI have seen things about European labs working on some form of four-dimensional data storagebut idk how far that's gone.  I'm fairly sure the NX is already far enough in development that they can't suddenly switch over
It just would make 0 sense for them to use anything other than bluray
How the heck do you go about making a four-dimensional data storage system??? The fourth dimension (which we are currently residing in) is change over time. So... explain that to me, would someone?
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Ruto

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

cashwarrior1

Zeila

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on April 09, 2016, 05:05:00 PMHow the heck do you go about making a four-dimensional data storage system??? The fourth dimension (which we are currently residing in) is change over time. So... explain that to me, would someone?
I tried looking up and found a snippet on 3D stuff, but mostly five dimensional storage systems. If you don't feel like the source is accurate enough, there are plenty others on Google that have info about it

In short, they obtain five-dimensional storage by manipulating the structure (in this case, glass, and idk if it's restricted to only glass. I only glanced at the article) to have it react to light in certain ways. It's a small definition, and probably isn't what you were expecting

E. Gadd Industries

:/ You haven't heard my 5th-dimension theory, have you?
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Altissimo

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on April 09, 2016, 06:43:30 PM:/ You haven't heard my 5th-dimension theory, have you?

if you've never posted it anywhere, then obviously not lol. what is?